Stepgate

12 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

DFHaAdxXkAEI3Wf.jpg

DFMpmexUIAEXMN_.jpg

Piece of shit

What he built sure looks a lot like the steps which were built by the MNR as part of a canoe portage around a small dam on the Sturgeon River near Waubaushene. Only he did a better job than the MNR. It's a vast improvement over nothing but slippery mud. I suspect his intent was to drive the city to actually do something which he seems to have achieved with Tory becoming engaged.

Edited by 02sled

12 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

OK, you justifying $65K the city was prepared to blow on this?

On the bold, it certainly looks like it.

Don't forget the $65K was the bottom end. They estimated it could be as much as $150K.

13 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

That is not a kit, its pieces put together.  Railing in the pick is a finger breaker with all the stops you hit.  There is nothing legal about that build

LIke I said I have no idea what was going to be built - but ya its most likely over priced

One big rain and that is gone, look at the boxes he tried to make :lmao:  typical old guy that thinks he can build stuff

I wonder if the now building expert Failmaker can verify if the steps washed away this week?

We had a big rain didnt we?

Face it Failmaker if the guy had painted the steps Liberal Red you would be promoting them as best ever steps built.  And look how project came in under the $65,000 budget.

But he was critical of your union buddies idea of fair costs.

But the fact is a taxpayer stepped up and did his best to rectify a problem in the community park quickly and try to help out the the city and park patrons.

If you have some improvements that can be done to make the steps safer then feel free to help out.  I am sure he would welcome the input and the advice.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

What he built sure looks a lot like the steps which were built by the MNR as part of a canoe portage around a small dam on the Sturgeon River near Waubaushene. Only he did a better job than the MNR. It's a vast improvement over nothing but slippery mud. I suspect his intent was to drive the city to actually do something which he seems to have achieved with Tory becoming engaged.

Its not a surprise that you think this is a great job

2 minutes ago, Sksman said:

I wonder if the now building expert Failmaker can verify if the steps washed away this week?

We had a big rain didnt we?

Face it Failmaker if the guy had painted the steps Liberal Red you would be promoting them as best ever steps built.  And look how project came in under the $65,000 budget.

But he was critical of your union buddies idea of fair costs.

But the fact is a taxpayer stepped up and did his best to rectify a problem in the community park quickly and try to help out the the city and park patrons.

If you have some improvements that can be done to make the steps safer then feel free to help out.  I am sure he would welcome the input and the advice.

not surprised at you either...

9 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Its not a surprise that you think this is a great job

Huh! Where do you get a great job from... oh that's right your over active imagination again. What I said was they look better than the steps the MNR put in for a canoe portage on the Sturgeon River.

The ones the MNR put in have a 2X4 handrail supported by 2X4's nailed to the box and step sides. At least the guy used more substantial 4X4 posts.

It's no surprise that your perception of what you read is different from what is written. Keep supporting the grossly high government expense. The guy probably did this without help. The city would have needed at least 10 people and 3 trucks to accomplish the same thing.

10 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Don't forget that includes the typical city employee who surfs the net all day on our dime and smokes dope.

Are you sure... I would have thought that was outside of the budget for the steps. Another hard day at work for Fail... it's not even noon yet and he doesn't have enough work to fill the day.

Edited by 02sled

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Huh! Where do you get a great job from... oh that's right your over active imagination again. What I said was they look better than the steps the MNR put in for a canoe portage on the Sturgeon River.

The ones the MNR put in have a 2X4 handrail supported by 2X4's nailed to the box and step sides. At least the guy used more substantial 4X4 posts.

It's no surprise that your perception of what you read is different from what is written. Keep supporting the grossly high government expense. The guy probably did this without help. The city would have needed at least 10 people and 3 trucks to accomplish the same thing.

Do you honestly think this will be done by city workers?  Pretty sure it will be contracted out......

I would love to hear your explanation on how a 2x4 vs 4x4 is stronger for a railing given the two designs.

Can you clear up if you think this is a good job or not? 

19 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Don't forget that includes the typical city employee who surfs the net all day on our dime and smokes dope.

Usedtohaveaclue

When the government tenders out they have 2 choices, take the lowest bid or not do the job.   Contractors will put in the highest bid they can, I see it daily.  Since none of us know the extent of the plans put forth how can we complain about price? 

more costs caused by citizen :lmao:

City to remove poorly built stairs

City bylaw officers blocked his handiwork with yellow caution tape soon after construction was complete, citing safety and accessibility concerns. They said the unstable railing, uneven incline, and lack of foundation were among the flaws with the design.

However, Astl said he spoke with a professional who begs to differ.

“There was a contractor here. He said the stairs were fine. They are safe,” Astl said. “It’s absurd.” 

So the guy hired a contractor ( I guess this guy works for nothing) which now says his job is very good and meets standards :lmao:  Every day Contractors take money people and do horrible work,  sure glad its not all contractors...  But 02sled SK and USEDTOBESMART are okay with this type of work and defend shabby work because that is the type of work they do themselves

Did anyone see the video on the news of people going up and down the stairs?   The boards on the top aren't even secured, they are laying on the ground.  On day one the movement on the stair case was huge.

31 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Do you honestly think this will be done by city workers?  Pretty sure it will be contracted out......

I would love to hear your explanation on how a 2x4 vs 4x4 is stronger for a railing given the two designs.

Can you clear up if you think this is a good job or not? 

Poor Fail... your comprehension is way off as usual. First the handrail POSTS used by the MNR are 2X4's nailed in place. The handrail POSTS used by the handyman are 4X4's screwed in place. Which do you think is better? I'd say the handyman. As for the job... it is a pretty fair handyman job, designed to do two things. Provide a temporary improvement to safety and get the overworked underpaid :lol:city staff to actually do something about it which they weren't willing to do.

Is the handyman solution better than a slippery path? Yes or No? Has it achieved the goal of getting the city to actually do something? Yes or No.

Looking forward to hearing your response AFTER YOUR BUSY DAY AT WORK that the taxpayers pay for.

Edited by 02sled

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Apparently old people with walkers use this steep hill to enter the garden instead of the real entrance :lmao:  too funny

What's too funny Fail is your lack of ability to listen... they didn't say old people with walkers... you hear what you want to hear. They referred to one who has broken their wrist walking down, people who have fallen on their back, moms with strollers, dog WALKERS with 4 and 5 dogs,  and old people. Not once did they say OLD PEOPLE WITH WALKERS. :lmao::lol:

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Poor Fail... your comprehension is way off as usual. First the handrail POSTS used by the MNR are 2X4's nailed in place. The handrail POSTS used by the handyman are 4X4's screwed in place. Which do you think is better? I'd say the handyman. As for the job... it is a pretty fair handyman job, designed to do two things. Provide a temporary improvement to safety and get the overworked underpaid :lol:city staff to actually do something about it which they weren't willing to do.

:lmao:  so now the average worker decides whether or not to do a job :lmao: 

I am going to tell you that a 2x4 nailed to the stringer is by far stronger......  not the best way to the job should be bolted

Do you know how many places in Toronto don't have stairs or could use stairs?   from the guy that complains about tree watering

32 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Usedtohaveaclue

When the government tenders out they have 2 choices, take the lowest bid or not do the job.   Contractors will put in the highest bid they can, I see it daily.  Since none of us know the extent of the plans put forth how can we complain about price? 

lol

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

What's too funny Fail is your lack of ability to listen... they didn't say old people with walkers... you hear what you want to hear. They referred to one who has broken their wrist walking down, people who have fallen on their back, moms with strollers, dog WALKERS with 4 and 5 dogs,  and old people. Not once did they say OLD PEOPLE WITH WALKERS. :lmao::lol:

defense noted for doing any work you wish on city property

What idiot parent is going to lift a stroller over the parklot barrier to run down a steep incline?  Its not even the entrance to the field

keep defending shitty work

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lmao:  so now the average worker decides whether or not to do a job :lmao: 

I am going to tell you that a 2x4 nailed to the stringer is by far stronger......  not the best way to the job should be bolted

Do you know how many places in Toronto don't have stairs or could use stairs?   from the guy that complains about tree watering

What a fool you are but that's nothing new. A 2X4 nailed to a stringer is stronger than a 4X4 bolted and screwed in place. Yeah right. I would much rather see my tax money go to installing steps to improve safety rather than the same amount being spent on watering trees more than a year after they were planted during one of the wettest months where the ground is already saturated with water.

Don't you have work to do.

Fail... Keep defending underworked, overpaid city employees, who piss away taxpayer money without any consideration of getting value for the tax $'s. It must be part of your job description since you're being paid to do this defence on the forum.

Edited by 02sled

Just now, 02sled said:

Fail... Keep defending underwork, overpaid city employees, who piss away taxpayer money without any consideration of getting value for the tax $'s. It must be part of your job description since you're being paid to do this defence on the forum.

:lmao:  this thread has nothing to do with workers period,  only you guys with nothing to add keep screaming about them.

YOU ARE DEFENDING THIS WORK, not me....  Hey if you are happy with this job hire him to build your deck

I guess this thread is done now. The city tore down the stairs and is building engineered safe stairs for $10g. That's much different than the 65g or more that was first quoted.  Crisis averted.

How many more projects do these municipalities accomplish that are way over what they should cost? Fail? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2strokemerc said:

I guess this thread is done now. The city tore down the stairs and is building engineered safe stairs for $10g. That's much different than the 65g or more that was first quoted.  Crisis averted.

How many more projects do these municipalities accomplish that are way over what they should cost? Fail? 

There was never a quote or tender for this job, the numbers were made up by someone he spoke too at the city

I'm glad they removed it . He had great intentions , and showed the waste at high levels . But if someone hurt themselves , I would imagine he would be liable . So , what's done is done , and he is no longer responsible for it . 

• Like 1