Any HVAC techs here? AC question

Hey Jewel ....get the model and youtube servicing it....you can fix about anything with the internets help nowadays......thats basically how I became a maintenance electrician :lol: 

well start it with your phone is saying a lot. fuck that shit put in a cheep t stat 12 bucks and use your finger much less glitch to deal with . ez to start narrowing down there few wires and a few bucks .

fucking wifi t stat and cant figure out why it is a intermittent pile of shit lol  

15 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

well start it with your phone is saying a lot. fuck that shit put in a cheep t stat 12 bucks and use your finger much less glitch to deal with . ez to start narrowing down there few wires and a few bucks .

fucking wifi t stat and cant figure out why it is a intermittent pile of shit lol  

If you'd read the thread you'd know that the Wi-Fi thermostat has been swapped out multiple times for a standard themostat.

Not to mention you reasoning makes zero sense. There aren't fewer wires, it uses the same number of wires and you can go look at the thermostat and see that it's calling for cooling.

Have you inspected the wiring inside the condenser? I had a similar problem, turns out a section of the wiring had melted and I just need to replace the wiring tail (not sure if that's the right terminology) inside of it. It was like a 2 foot long wire with a plug at one end and three separate wires at the other end that connected to the electrical box outside. The breaker would trip sometimes, sometimes not, but the unit would not come on. The part I replaced was similar to this pic.

IMG_1595.PNG

Edited by Edmo

My bet low on gas , compressor getting hot ( working too much) and compressor tripping on internal overload, compressor cools down thermal overload resets and starts again.Or it is running too much on hot days and compressor getting too hot, tripping internal overload.

Take a pic of the unit with the control cover off. I can tell you where and what voltage you should have at each terminal with the stat calling for cooling. I'm leaning on a time delay relay,if your unit has one?  I work for a contractor that does 18mil just in HVAC service a year. If you have a meter, we can get this fixed over the phone or emails.  I work on big intermittent control problems everyday. They can drive you nuts. 

IMG_1280.JPG

21 hours ago, SSFB said:

If you'd read the thread you'd know that the Wi-Fi thermostat has been swapped out multiple times for a standard themostat.

Not to mention you reasoning makes zero sense. There aren't fewer wires, it uses the same number of wires and you can go look at the thermostat and see that it's calling for cooling.

I went back and still do not see where you replaced t stat with a standard .but only browsed yours . I was saying ez to start to check things off your list a new cheep t stat is only a few wires to hook up and that is 1 thing you can eliminate .

Just now, Ez ryder said:

I went back and still do not see where you replaced t stat with a standard .but only browsed yours . I was saying ez to start to check things off your list a new cheep t stat is only a few wires to hook up and that is 1 thing you can eliminate .

I swapped out the Wifi thermostat for a standard themostat several times. It made no difference.

22 hours ago, SSFB said:

I have swapped out the wall thermostat several times before when this has happened, has never made a difference. 

See if you have 24v going to the condenser from the house when it won't start. When it is running,take a temperature reading on the air going into the furnace ( return). Then take a temperature reading on the air coming out of the furnace (supply). There should be about a 20deg differential. This will rule out a low freon charge.

22 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

installed a three zone system controlled with a wifi t stat. it's flawless. super easy install as well. i can keep the bedroom ice cold at night with my iphone.