*** Official Mayweather/McGregor Fight Thread ***

I am worn out from colluding with "the Russians" all week so I figure it's time for a chance of pace.

Ben and I have a $100 bet on this fight. I took McGregor with 2:3 odds.  Odds are against me for sure but they are still better than finding a Trump/Russia connection.  

With that said, things are starting to look slightly less grim for McGregor fans.  

In the kick off of their Media Tour yesterday Mayweather admitted that he isn't the fighter he once was.  Isn't even the fighter he was 10 or even 2 years ago.  He even admitted that training camp is very hard on his body. “I’m not the same fighter I was 10 years ago. I’m not even the same fighter I was two years ago. I understand that but I have that fighter’s mentality. But this will - I spoke to Al [Haymon, Mayweather’s manager]. Today we had a meeting and I can’t push my body [anymore]. It’s grueling. Training camp is grueling. I can’t do it anymore. It’s rough. Training camp is rough. I’m just going to the gym, working hard everyday and it’s rough. This has to be my last one" “After taking a couple years off, I was okay but then we end up somehow making this fight happen and now I really know that this is it. Deep in my heart, this is it. I can’t.”.  

Meanwhile, McGregor is in the best shape of his life.  He KO's the champs in both 145 and 155 on his way to being a 2 weight class champ.  

The Media Tour kick off yesterday was awesome.  If you didn't see it you should.  Funny stuff for sure.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/7/12/15957666/morning-report-floyd-mayweather-jr-training-camp-is-too-hard-on-his-body-this-has-to-be-my-last-one

• Like 1

• AKIQPilot changed the title to *** Official Mayweather/McGregor Fight Thread ***

I hope its a short entertaining fight... hopefully MacGregor doesn't let Mayweather make a dance partner out him....that is the only way I see Mayweather winning.

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

I hope its a short entertaining fight... hopefully MacGregor doesn't let Mayweather make a dance partner out him....that is the only way I see Mayweather winning.

Mayweather will not be able to knock McGregor out.  It's either going all the way with Mayweather winning on points or McGregor KO's Mayweather early.  

Mayweathers last KO was some unranked stooge back in 2011.  The same stooge who was KO's in 3 straight fights after Floyd KO'd him.  Floyd has not had KO power in over a decade.  He definitely doesn't have it now.  

Even Floyd Sr took part in the action.

Mayweather’s 64-year-old father, Floyd Mayweather Sr., managed to get into the room and started a lengthy back-and-forth with McGregor.

“I will beat your ass,” Mayweather Sr. shouted from the back of the room.

McGregor, who has been taunting Mayweather Jr. about his age, didn’t miss a beat.

“You’ll have your chance on August the 26th, Junior,” McGregor said to Mayweather Sr.

McGregor’s words only enraged the elder Mayweather, who ended up throwing combinations at air after about 20 minutes of jawing with McGregor.

“He’ll beat the [expletive] out of you, I guarantee you that,” Mayweather Sr. said.

McGregor, who predicted he’d finish Mayweather inside of four rounds, is one of the best trash talkers in the business and he hit Mayweather Sr. with some of his best stuff.

“Your boy is going to sleep and he’s going to look so good in his sleep, I know he is,” McGregor said. “Your boy is going to look good asleep. I’ll tell you what, though. He’s going to wake up a better man.”

Conor McGregor: If Floyd Mayweather disrespects me ‘I might just bounce an elbow off his eyebrow’

In a verbal exchange with Floyd Mayweather’s father Floyd Sr. during a press conference, McGregor said he might bust out some mixed martial arts techniques if Floyd Mayweather “disrespects” him during the tour.

“Tell him, as long as he speaks my name with respect, I will abide by the boxing rules,” McGregor said at a press scrum for print media. “I’ll abide by the Marquess of Queensberry rules. Only if he speaks my name. If he disrespects me during this tour, during this build up, then maybe I might just bounce an elbow off his eyebrow. That’s on him how he does it.”

Floyd Sr. became agitated at this talk by McGregor, vowing to beat McGregor’s ass if McGregor does anything but boxing in the ring against Mayweather. McGregor joked that it would be too late — Floyd Sr. could do nothing if “The Notorious” chose to go that route.

“By the time you climb into the ring from the steps, he’ll already be busted open from eyebrow down,” McGregor said.

The Irishman wasn’t through egging the elder Mayweather on. He also said he’d contemplate putting Mayweather Jr. in a choke if so inclined.

“If his head gets down low, I might just wrap it up in a strangle,” McGregor said. “You know it takes three seconds to sleep a man from a strangle? An untrained neck, not used to it, it takes two seconds. So if I wrap around his neck and strangle him, he will be asleep within two seconds. On the canvas in that ring. That’s quicker than it will take you to come into the ring. So be very, very respectful with how you speak my name.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/7/12/15957934/conor-mcgregor-if-floyd-mayweather-disrespects-me-i-might-just-bounce-an-elbow-off-his-eyebrow

Watch the vids of Mayweather training half speed and then watch Connor.....its gonna be an absolute joke.....nobody has ever hit mayweather and it sure as fuck aint gonna be connor that breaks that trend 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Watch the vids of Mayweather training half speed and then watch Connor.....its gonna be an absolute joke.....nobody has ever hit mayweather and it sure as fuck aint gonna be connor that breaks that trend 

Conor says he will KO Floyd in 4.  

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Conor says he will KO Floyd in 4.  

And Slinger has concluded the Collusion investigation and asked for Trump to step down :lol: WGAF

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That dumb Irish drunk won't land a single shot

• Gold Member

Floyd Mayweather Jr boxing these days is equivalent to Rhonda Rousey fighting MMA....  They were great in their day but will take a mat nap at the hands of the younger and better talented fighter.

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

I will pm you my email address now Ben....so you can be ready to send me the invoice. :bc:

thanks POOP FISH FATTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

Just now, BOHICA said:

Floyd Mayweather Jr boxing these days is equivalent to Rhonda Rousey fighting MMA....  They were great in their day but will take a mat nap at the hands of the younger and better talented fighter.

except Connor is not a more talented fighter.....he's not even in the same league in his prime.....he's not even on the same planet.

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

thanks POOP FISH FATTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

:lol:

Gonna be a good payday for a lot of people...namely the two fighting.  And of course, plenty of people fleeced during this exhibition boxing pageant.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

except Connor is not a more talented fighter.....he's not even in the same league in his prime.....he's not even on the same planet.

Jr is like 40 years old or some shit.  Hasn't fought in ages and his last fights were nothing but patty cake for money..  He doesn't stand a chance to the sub 30 year old MMA fighter that can take hits

7 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Jr is like 40 years old or some shit.  Hasn't fought in ages and his last fights were nothing but patty cake for money..  He doesn't stand a chance to the sub 30 year old MMA fighter that can take hits

Well would you like to put a little wager on that????