*** Official Mayweather/McGregor Fight Thread ***

Also it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the plan (Vegas odds makers) are presenting this in a way that favors Connor. Gonna be a big Payday for some. My money is on Floyd. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Floyd has never been a power puncher. He wins on points. And he is smart enough to know that it is better for him to make Connor fight his fight rather than the other way around. This is professional boxing not a bar fight. And at this game Floyd is one of the best to ever do it. Connor is going to lose.

If Floyd can piss Connor off, watch him get stupid and he just might get knocked out. Connor has nowhere near the speed and defense Floyd does. 

Do you even watch mma? :lol:

Just now, Anler said:

Also it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the plan (Vegas odds makers) are presenting this in a way that favors Connor. Gonna be a big Payday for some. My money is on Floyd. 

That's a safe bet.  

So today if you bet $100 on Floyd you would win about $12.  

A $100 bet on McGregor would get you about $500

Where would you bput your money if you were to bet $100 on this fight.  

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

That's a safe bet.  

I put it with Tom/Dave where $225 bet on the surest thing in the history of sports wins me $150 :lol: 

Edited by f7ben

3 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Do you even watch mma? :lol:

Sometimes. I have been in boxing, wrestling and martial arts since I was 13. I have done some jiu jitsu and I think it's for meatheads. You can really wreck people and yourself if you do it long enough. Boxing and mma are two totally different animals. The best mma fighters are stronger wrestlers and jiu jitsu fighters with a strong stand up game as a big plus. The difference being boxing is more ducking and dipping and rolling punches where in mma there are knees down there and elbows and backfists. Connor has to be totally reprogrammed to fight a world class boxer. It's a completely different strategy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Sometimes. I have been in boxing, wrestling and martial arts since I was 13. I have done some jiu jitsu and I think it's for meatheads. You can really wreck people and yourself if you do it long enough. Boxing and mma are two totally different animals. The best mma fighters are stronger wrestlers and jiu jitsu fighters with a strong stand up game as a big plus. The difference being boxing is more ducking and dipping and rolling punches where in mma there are knees down there and elbows and backfists. Connor has to be totally reprogrammed to fight a world class boxer. It's a completely different strategy. 

Its easier imo to go from mma to boxing then boxing to mma.

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

Its easier imo to go from mma to boxing then boxing to mma.

Oh for sure. The conditioning is totally different too. I would say that mma fighters are far better conditioned than boxers. And I know jiu jitsu guys that would fuck up the best boxers quite easily. And Connor would most likely eat Floyd and his bodyguards in a street fight. But that's not what's happening here. 

Just now, Anler said:

Oh for sure. The conditioning is totally different too. I would say that mma fighters are far better conditioned than boxers. And I know jiu jitsu guys that would fuck up the best boxers quite easily. And Connor would most likely eat Floyd and his bodyguards in a street fight. But that's not what's happening here. 

We will know next sunday. :lol:

27 minutes ago, Anler said:

How many fights has Connor gone the distance? Mayweather? CONNOR IS FUCKED!

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

How many fights has Connor gone the distance? Mayweather? CONNOR IS FUCKED!

Exactly, Floyd is a point fighter. If anyone was going to beat him it would have been pacquiao. 

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

That's a safe bet.  

Maybe I'll put a small bet on MacGregor for the hell of it then. :lol:

Just saw the Mayweather/Maidana fight. Big money is obviously a good boxer, but he's a sneaky, dirty motherfucker. The other night I saw a clip where he smashed a guy before they actually started. He hits below the belt. Fuckin' rat. 

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Floyd is a very dirty fighter. 

Whoa!! Yeah, I can see that now!! What a dirty bastard. The money he gets is obscene. Spends it all on whores and fancy shit. I wouldn't pay two cents to watch that scumbag. 

3 hours ago, polaris550 said:

Just saw the Mayweather/Maidana fight. Big money is obviously a good boxer, but he's a sneaky, dirty motherfucker. The other night I saw a clip where he smashed a guy before they actually started. He hits below the belt. Fuckin' rat. 

Actually that dirty punch against Ortiz was later in the fight. Ortiz had deliberately head butted Mayweather with a lunging headbutt. The ref took away points. The two fighters were face to face about tonrestart when mayweather took a cheap shot at him. Ortiz left his hands down and just allowed Mayweather to hit him. 

Cheap shot but retaliation for cheap shots by Ortiz. 

1 hour ago, polaris550 said:

Whoa!! Yeah, I can see that now!! What a dirty bastard. The money he gets is obscene. Spends it all on whores and fancy shit. I wouldn't pay two cents to watch that scumbag. 

With only a couple of small exceptions Floyd is not a dirty fighter. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, polaris550 said:

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

Floyd is a very dirty fighter. 

1 hour ago, polaris550 said:

He is a piece of shit women beater as well.

“I’ll go out and I’ll paint many different pictures,” McGregor said. “I can fight in many stances. I can fight in many styles. I can take a capoeira stance. I can take a taekwondo stance. I can take a karate stance. I can take a boxing stance. I can take a Greco Roman freestyle-wrestling stance. I can stand and fight in many, many ways, and I will fight in all of them.

“I will paint many, many different pictures in this fight. I’ll dazzle him, and then the shots will find their home.”

Connor is a fucking clown and is going to be made to look like a fool :lol: who fucking says shit like this in prep for fighting a generational boxing legend