Check your account email address ×

The link between Fusion GPS and the Russian Lawyer.

• Platinum Contributing Member

https://www.grassley.senate.gov/sites/default/files/judiciary/upload/Russia%2C 03-31-17%2C Magnitsky Act - 2016- 07-15 HCM Complaint to FARA (003)_Redacted.pdf

Fusion GPS and this female lawyer both listed in the document. :lol:  

C. Following that hearing, it was reported in the Russian press that Natalia Veselnitskaya filed a report with Congress containing evidence that the grounds for the Magnitsky Act were based on lies. She said, “I am qualified to talk about it as a lawyer, and I am stating that I know the facts that can help the Congress to figure out this complicated story.”20 D. Andrei Nekrasov also provided Dana Rohrabacher with a written statement to be entered on the record, in which he repeated the false allegations that he makes in the Film.21 E. Neither Natalia Veselnitskaya nor Rinat Akhmetshin filed any FARA or LDA filings with regards to this hearing. On information and belief, they are acting under the control/direction/influence of the Russian Government (see Section III), a FARA filing is required. i. While lawyers representing foreign principals are exempt from filing under FARA, this is only true if the attorney does not try to influence policy at the behest of his client.22 By disseminating anti-Magnitsky material to Congress, Ms. Veselnitskaya is clearly trying to influence policy and is therefore in violation of her filing requirements under FARA. ii. Furthermore, if Ms. Veselnitskaya was lobbying as a representative of HRAGIF, the organisation is in breach of its LDA filing for: a. Failing to list her as a lobbyist b. The lobbying was not in accordance with its stated objective of “Foreign Adoption Issues.” 5. Further Lobbyists Involved A. Glenn Simpson i. Glenn Simpson is a former Wall Street Journal correspondent who cofounded firms, SNS Global and Fusion GPS, which specialize in generating negative press against their clients’ opponents. ii. Four different journalists at the Financial Times, New York Times and the Wall Street Journal have all confirmed to Hermitage that Glenn Simpson has been hired by Prevezon to lobby for the anti-Magnitsky Campaign. iii. Neither Glenn Simpson, SNS Global or Fusion GPS has submitted any LDA or FARA filing in respect of its lobbying activities in relation to the anti-Magnitsky campaign, which is clearly seeking to influence U.S. public opinion on policy issues (namely to repeal the Magnitsky Act and de-rail the Global Magnitsky Act).

giphy.gif

Edited by Highmark