Internationalism. Agree or disagree?

• Platinum Contributing Member

I think one of the largest issues facing us is this move of Internationalism.  Yes trade needs to be kept open within reason and travel allowed within reason but this idea of International politics (Internationalism) continuing to expand threatens our way of life and the rights afforded to us by the Constitution.  I think whichever party embraces America first will have a good hold on political offices in the US for some time to come.  

Just now, Highmark said:

I think one of the largest issues facing us is this move of Internationalism.  Yes trade needs to be kept open within reason and travel allowed within reason but this idea of International politics (Internationalism) continuing to expand threatens our way of life and the rights afforded to us by the Constitution.  I think whichever party embraces America first will have a good hold on political offices in the US for some time to come.  

I agree 100% with this statement.  I'm for an open type arrangement but only if it is not detrimental AT ALL to our country.  I used to be more open to all of it but the Left's continued degradation of America by thinking "America belongs to the world" has made me change my mind on a lot of it.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

I agree 100% with this statement.  I'm for an open type arrangement but only if it is not detrimental AT ALL to our country.  I used to be more open to all of it but the Left's continued degradation of America by thinking "America belongs to the world" has made me change my mind on a lot of it.

The world is a bigger problem than America is.  Huge portions of the world are absolutely ok with giving up civil liberties and freedom's.  

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Technology is tearing down borders and making the world smaller than it's ever been. 

The best thing we could do is embrace that while still holding onto American ideals that are in the Constitution.

We don't have to forfeit our sovereignty to be the leaders in the international community.

2 hours ago, SSFB said:

Technology is tearing down borders and making the world smaller than it's ever been. 

The best thing we could do is embrace that while still holding onto American ideals that are in the Constitution.

We don't have to forfeit our sovereignty to be the leaders in the international community.

I'd go a step further and say that being a leader in the global community actually strengthens our sovereignty. Economic isolationism is essentially voluntarily giving up the political and economic leverage our current place in the world affords us.

1 hour ago, Wildboer said:

I'd go a step further and say that being a leader in the global community actually strengthens our sovereignty. Economic isolationism is essentially voluntarily giving up the political and economic leverage our current place in the world affords us.

......and being a leader in the International community essentially spreads the values we hold to other countries.

Just look at how many countries have westernized their culture in the style of the USA and other western nations. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SSFB said:

Yep.  Nobody is even considering forfeiting our sovereignty...well, half of us aren't.

2 hours ago, Wildboer said:

Step back. :lmao: We're still gonna be the leader.  Remember, these countries need us MUCH MORE than we need them.  Our nation is the largest and most profitable consumer market in the world.  Want a piece of that profitable action?  Play ball. But now we are fucking pitching.  Not to mention the billions in aid sent out of our borders is enough incentive for them to keep countries politically and economically leveraged.  

In short, time for us to start looking out for us.  Others will still profit and benefit, just not always at our expense.

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yep.  Nobody is even considering forfeiting our sovereignty...well, half of us aren't.

Step back. :lmao: We're still gonna be the leader.  Remember, these countries need us MUCH MORE than we need them.  Our nation is the largest and most profitable consumer market in the world.  Want a piece of that profitable action?  Play ball. But now we are fucking pitching.  Not to mention the billions in aid sent out of our borders is enough incentive for them to keep countries politically and economically leveraged.  

In short, time for us to start looking out for us.  Others will still profit and benefit, just not always at our expense.

Anything more specific than, "Like it is now but better for America?"

13 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Anything more specific than, "Like it is now but better for America?"

Maybe.  If you need some specifics. Are you unaware of our trade deals?  ....and I had to read that fucking sentence three times you fart!