‘Pee in This Cup’: Americans Request This of Congress Members to Prove THEY’RE Not on Drugs

This should be mandatory for members of Congress the President, VP an every member of his cabinet.

‘Pee in This Cup’: Americans Request This of Congress Members to Prove THEY’RE Not on Drugs

July 5, 2017

With all the crazy mess coming out of the Big House these days, is it any wonder why Americans are requesting drug tests for members of Congress? Let me answer that for you: No!

Amidst their latest profiling strategy, Congress is requesting that people receiving food stamps be drug tested. Now I’m way ahead of you in thinking, what the phuck does one thing have to do with the other? They do realize the answer to that question is not a damn thing, right?

Now these same “recipients” are among those saying, “We will, if YOU will!”

Countercurrent News report states that a YouGov poll found that 78% of U.S. citizens are in favor of requiring random drug testing for members of Congress. A full 62% said they “strongly” favor this, compared with only 51% who feel the same way about food stamp and welfare recipients.

The support for this move was bipartisan, as 86% percent of Republicans, 77% of Democrats and 75% of independents support the mandatory drug tests for members of Congress.

Personally, I feel this makes even more sense seeing as members of Congress have greater responsibilities; in that they are responsible for making decisions that have a great impact society. Can we say the same for those who receive food stamps?

The news report goes on to say, It would seem that more Americans aren’t worried about drugs, they are upset with the hypocrisy of U.S. lawmakers, who carry on this charade of a “War on Drugs” while using the very things they pass laws against.

In a “Thous doth protest too much” [Shakespeare’s ‘Hamlet’] kind of way, the saying that those who seem to balk the loudest are generally trying to cover up or divert attention from an even bigger issue. Notably, Kentucky Senator Mitch McConnell, who is known as the  “Anti-Drug Senator” has now been linked to a cargo ship that was recently stopped and searched before departing from Colombia. The Coast Guard found approximately 90 pounds of cocaine on board.

http://www.eurweb.com/2017/07/pee-cup-americans-request-congress-members-prove-theyre-not-drugs/#

Good God, how many times has this same article been written almost word for word and posted.

On slow news days, do these guys just  dig up old stories, change a few words, throw em back out for partisan to go ...........EWWWWWW!

• Platinum Contributing Member

Anyone works for the govt paid by the taxpayers should submit to random drug tests.  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Anyone works for the govt paid by the taxpayers should submit to random drug tests.  

Everyone has to now except Congress, the President and his staff.

All government employees have to pass a drug test prior to hire and are subject to random tests thereafter.

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

All government employees have to pass a drug test prior to hire and are subject to random tests thereafter.

Like I said.  

How about welfare recipients?  

Edited by Highmark

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

And we'd probably be a lot better off if all those people started smoking the reefer a few times a day.

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

I am all for this, but what are the consequences of testing positive?  It is an elected position, so what would happen?

I guess you just tell the public they're on drugs and wait for the next election? Maybe the legislature could force a special election? Obviously it would vary state to state.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Like I said.  

How about welfare recipients?  

Dude, if welfare recipients couldn't get stoned how would they build up the appetite to eat those lavish seafood dinners they buy with their food stamps?

Isn't it like 10% of people on average across all walks of life use illegal drugs? 

Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see 50 Reps/Senators fail a drug test.

6 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Isn't it like 10% of people on average across all walks of life use illegal drugs? 

I would think that % is higher. :dunno:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SSFB said:

It feels way higher than 10% when you and pretty much all of your friends smoke weed. I could see it being 10% if you don't count tge ganja.

2 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

I would think that % is higher. :dunno:

I've seen studies as high as 43% just for pot.   Add in all the other stuff including prescription drugs taken by those who they were not given to and I'd bet 50-75% use at some time or another during a year. There were over 300 million opiate prescriptions in 2015.  

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/04/27/americans-consume-almost-all-of-the-global-opioid-supply.html

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I've seen studies as high as 43% just for pot.   Add in all the other stuff including prescription drugs taken by those who they were not given to and I'd bet 50-75% use at some time or another during a year. There were over 300 million opiate prescriptions in 2015.  

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/04/27/americans-consume-almost-all-of-the-global-opioid-supply.html

Id agree...those %'s seem a little more accurate...

4 hours ago, racer254 said:

I am all for this, but what are the consequences of testing positive?  It is an elected position, so what would happen?

First positive requires rehab and counseling, second time you lose your position to whoever came in second or have another election. Same as private industry.

17 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

First positive requires rehab and counseling, second time you lose your position to whoever came in second or have another election. Same as private industry.

I bet it would speed up the rescheduling of marijuana.

Hasn't it been posted on here just as many times that those on welfare Don't use drugs?  When tested it was like 1%.

Much, much, lower than the national average.  :lol:

30 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

The only way to get anything done on the job these day's is a couple of perks washed down with a coors pounder at lunchtime

Heroin is way cheaper though. Just watch out for Fentanyl.