The Motorcycle industry is dying

like any toy the haydays are over.  Sleds, bikes boats will never again hit the numbers they did in the 90's first half of the 00's when credit was easy incomes were high and costs were reasonable.   At least the MC companies are giving it a shot to keep the hobby somewhat reasonable in costs,  sled manufacturers really haven't.  

I'm still thinking of getting back on a bike,  told the wife before i pulled the trigger i'd take the riders course as it's been 20+ years since i've been on a bike so i signed up for the class my birthday weekend.  

yes it is on its way out. sleds and muscle cars also. melanials are not interested in wrenching. that is a dying hobby. things are to expensive, and there is is to much competition from everything else out there( travel adventure destinations, video games, computers,  next generation of VR). most of the people who are paying huge money for these items are boomers. sure the kids like using the stuff and the status and bragging rights, but when the have to buy it themselves it just wont happen. there will be a masssive lag in sales when the boomers stop buying stuff and the next generation has the excess cash. there will be a big consolidation in manufactures, as well as a price drop. will still be a few years off. the construction industry will need a massive foreign influx to handle all the renovations. most houses today built in ontario are 4 bathrooms + to renovate 4 + bathrooms in 25 years time will cost homeowners an arm and a leg. when i grew up most houses had 1 or 2. you were rich if you had 3. LOL

money is cheap and easy to borrow. the next generation has never seen hard times, or massive war or destruction. 2008-09 was not prolonged. we will pay for our fixing that later down the road.

Edited by Taillight

45 minutes ago, Taillight said:

yes it is on its way out. sleds and muscle cars also. melanials are not interested in wrenching. that is a dying hobby. things are to expensive, and there is is to much competition from everything else out there( travel adventure destinations, video games, computers,  next generation of VR). most of the people who are paying huge money for these items are boomers. sure the kids like using the stuff and the status and bragging rights, but when the have to buy it themselves it just wont happen. there will be a masssive lag in sales when the boomers stop buying stuff and the next generation has the excess cash. there will be a big consolidation in manufactures, as well as a price drop. will still be a few years off. the construction industry will need a massive foreign influx to handle all the renovations. most houses today built in ontario are 4 bathrooms + to renovate 4 + bathrooms in 25 years time will cost homeowners an arm and a leg. when i grew up most houses had 1 or 2. you were rich if you had 3. LOL

money is cheap and easy to borrow. the next generation has never seen hard times, or massive war or destruction. 2008-09 was not prolonged. we will pay for our fixing that later down the road.

My kid told me dad i don't know much about wrenching on cars but i know much more than my friends do.  Ain't that the truth.

Boomers are making it easier for their kids.  I'm relatively new to cottaging and powersporting, but can tell you most around us aren't doing much.

Amazing most who have had it all given to them not interested.

A lot of powersports and outdoor activities are dying off.  

Look at snowmobile clubs.  Think the average age is under 45 at any you have been to lately?

Golf courses are the same.

I see more of our high school friends posting about biking (the kind with pedals) and fishing on FB then most other outdoor activities.  

4 hours ago, Taillight said:

We are raising generations of faggots and pussies .   That is the bottom line , not all of that mumbo Jumbo

• Like 1

I got my licence a few years back and haven't rode since, never mind but a bike.

if I lived in a different climate I'd have a bike for sure though