So when does donny pull the trigger on NK?

9 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

There you go again with that nonsense...it was a team effort beating Hitler.

Quit it with the small man Canada complex.  Of course we all know that the Grand Alliance and all the countries acting as one, was what won the war.  But if it wasn't for guys like Roosevelt, Churchill and a few others, the war could have gone a whole different way.  Those men had balls.  I don't remember any Canadian leaders speeches or actions that live on in infamy like that.

9 hours ago, Mainecat said:

You really live in a bunker. Trump is a hazard to all American lives here and around the globe.

Only a dumbass clueless follower such as yourself thinks otherwise.

Yet, I've been right, and continue to be right.  Maybe I'm a little more in touch with the average American than you are?

38 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Quit it with the small man Canada complex.  Of course we all know that the Grand Alliance and all the countries acting as one, was what won the war.  But if it wasn't for guys like Roosevelt, Churchill and a few others, the war could have gone a whole different way.  Those men had balls.  I don't remember any Canadian leaders speeches or actions that live on in infamy like that.

Yet, I've been right, and continue to be right.  Maybe I'm a little more in touch with the average American than you are?

Small man? Why thank you. Ive never been called that...all the starving is paying off. :lol:

As for your speech guys...they were nothing but motivators who got alot of young men killed for their country....they were not great men at all....the men who fought and died were.

• Platinum Contributing Member
42 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Small man? Why thank you. Ive never been called that...all the starving is paying off. :lol:

As for your speech guys...they were nothing but motivators who got alot of young men killed for their country....they were not great men at all....the men who fought and died were.

General Eisenhower did not take lightly by any means sending all those men to their deaths on D Day and he is the one that warned us of the dangers of the Military Industrial Complex.

3 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

General Eisenhower did not take lightly by any means sending all those men to their deaths on D Day and he is the one that warned us of the dangers of the Military Industrial Complex.

Sure he didnt....but just because and man is a good motivator... doesn't mean he is a great man....he needs to back it up as well imo....he is no different then a football coach whos never played football.

It may be a stupid analogy but thats how i feel. :bc:

4 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Sure he didnt....but just because and man is a good motivator... doesn't mean he is a great man....he needs to back it up as well imo....he is no different then a football coach whos never played football.

OK but you are probably one of the few people that doesn't think Eisenhower was a great man.

9 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Please tell us you're not questioning Eisenhower's service record.

23 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Please tell us you're not questioning Eisenhower's service record.

Did he ever fight in the trenches....no. I have more respect for the soldiers who gave their lives and did the actual fighting....then some motivational speaker. :bc:

5 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Did he ever fight in the trenches....no. I have more respect for the soldiers who gave their lives and did the actual fighting....then some motivational speaker. :bc:

He volunteered right away to go overseas when the US joined WW1 and was denied.

He was set to ship out to France just before the Armistance was signed.

Him not having combat experience was no fault of his own. 

Just now, SSFB said:

He volunteered right away to go overseas when the US joined WW1 and was denied.

He was set to ship out to France just before the Armistance was signed.

Him not having combat experience was no fault of his own. 

Im not gonna argue.. :lol: he had great men under him...without them he was nothing.

5 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Dave thinking Eisenhower was a 40's version of Tony Robbins.....SMH.

So if his men said fuck you and didn't fight for him...what did he accomplish?

1 minute ago, FAT DAVE said:

So if his men said fuck you and didn't fight for him...what did he accomplish?

That's a big if Canadian Slinger.

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

That's a big if Canadian Slinger.

:lol:

The heros are the guys in the trenches actually doing the fighting....not the commander sitting behind a desk giving orders.

Think as you wish. :bc:

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

The heros are the guys in the trenches actually doing the fighting....not the commander sitting behind a desk giving orders.

Think as you wish. :bc:

I will but you act as if being the planner, tactician and man that has to actually send many of  these men to their deaths means nothing and not sure I ever called Eisenhower a "hero" but he was definitely a great leader and knew and predicted the rise of the MIC.

Edited by Biggie Smails

4 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I will but you act as if being the planner, tactician and man that has to actually send many of  these men to their deaths means nothing and not sure I ever called Eisenhower a "hero" but he was definitely a great leader and knew and predicted the rise of the MIC.

You said he was a great man.....the men who fought for him were great and deserve all the credit.

18 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

That won't matter to Trump. Does he own any hotels or golf courses nearby?  He'll risk soldiers and civilians but not his investments. 

His entire running and winning the election had an effect on his business.

He's losing money hand over fist by taking this job.

7 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

Off the rails Dave.

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

You said he was a great man.....the men who fought for him were great and deserve all the credit.

People will not follow a 'non-leader', especially into what he sent them.

Leadership is making someone do something willfully and forcefully when they really don't want to.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

His entire running and winning the election had an effect on his business.

He's losing money hand over fist by taking this job.

Off the rails Dave.

Maybe so....but its how i feel....to many of these desk sitters are given all the credit.

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

People will not follow a 'non-leader', especially into what he sent them.

Leadership is making someone do something willfully and forcefully when they really don't want to.

I understand that.

Wow!  What a great back read.  On the leadership thing, IMO, I think you're all right....just with a slightly different angle for each.  True leadership is rare.  But nowhere is it more important than to the ones looking to it (needing it) in the military.  The "TRUE" leadership is at ground level, not the "pin in the map guys".  But the inspiration/confidence must come from the top levels...even POTUS.  Even if only mildly so. At this point in our nation's military, we are settling for mild inspiration.  Trump gives that. Obama NEVER did.  So Trump is  a huge improvement for troop moral.  

The reality is, soldiers truly only respect leadership that "ate the same dirt" as they are are doing.  That's why the "true" respect starts to wane when leadership never wore a uniform. Confidence and inspiration is as close as it gets once you are looking at man with a suit and tie in the upper echelon.  That's why there are many leadership levels in the military.  Most at infantry level serve fairly well in that position...or they are removed.  It takes a special leader to take an order to go into a deadly situation, and have his men follow him without question.

FUCK YOU DAVE....I COULD HAVE MADE THIS LONGER! :lol:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Wow!  What a great back read.  On the leadership thing, IMO, I think you're all right....just with a slightly different angle for each.  True leadership is rare.  But nowhere is it more important than to the ones looking to it (needing it) in the military.  The "TRUE" leadership is at ground level, not the "pin in the map guys".  But the inspiration/confidence must come from the top levels...even POTUS.  Even if only mildly so. At this point in our nation's military, we are settling for mild inspiration.  Trump gives that. Obama NEVER did.  So Trump is  a huge improvement for troop moral.  

The reality is, soldiers truly only respect leadership that "ate the same dirt" as they are are doing.  That's why the "true" respect starts to wane when leadership never wore a uniform. Confidence and inspiration is as close as it gets once you are looking at man with a suit and tie in the upper echelon.  That's why there are many leadership levels in the military.  Most at infantry level serve fairly well in that position...or they are removed.  It takes a special leader to take an order to go into a deadly situation, and have his men follow him without question.

FUCK YOU DAVE....I COULD HAVE MADE THIS LONGER! :lol:

you get what im trying to say. :bc:

3 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

you get what im trying to say. :bc:

I get what everyone was saying going back to Drifty's post #51 on this.  Well, less AFJ who is out of touch and out of step with the world as usual. :lmao:

:bc:

I like good debate/conversation threads.  I like good shit slinging threads too.  Shame we have to do the latter a lot more.