Omar Khadr

Puzzleboy

Only in this country.  Guy kills a Marine Medic, and now we're gonna give him 10.5 for his butthurt.   This country is a fucking disgrace.  Will write my MP and Justin, but I really think a petition is in order.  What a fucking travesty.  Ok Clement, I'm sure he'll give all the money to the widow.  If that was his intention, the suit would have been on her behalf. 

Of course, Killer would contribute to the fund. 

Why the hell did they let this prick live, and millions spent on him already. 

omar.JPG

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You mean Canadian taxpayers lose.

yes that too....

Amazing how stupid this has become, the haters don't even know one fact about this case.  Trudeau is giving money to terrorist :lmao:

Another one is "this convicted terrorist" :lmao:  he had no trail is the real fact

Send him back to whereever,he came from, meaning Canada :lmao:

Toronto Sun (horrible excuse for news"

Not so in Canada.

On the same day as the terrorist Fadi al-Qumbar was being penalized by Israel, in Canada Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s government announced that convicted terrorist Omar Khadr who in October 2010 had pleaded guilty to “murder in violation of the law of war, attempted murder in violation of the law of war, spying, conspiracy and providing material support for terrorism,” was to receive a $10M ‘compensation’ for his troubles and an official apology from the Government of Canada.

Sun mentioned the soldier family won their case, yet no mention that it was the courts that gave our money away NOT TRUDEAU - No  mention of Harper

Great reporting CNNwantobe

15 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

yes that too....

Amazing how stupid this has become, the haters don't even know one fact about this case.  Trudeau is giving money to terrorist :lmao:

Another one is "this convicted terrorist" :lmao:  he had no trail is the real fact

Not so in Canada.

On the same day as the terrorist Fadi al-Qumbar was being penalized by Israel, in Canada Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s government announced that convicted terrorist Omar Khadr who in October 2010 had pleaded guilty to “murder in violation of the law of war, attempted murder in violation of the law of war, spying, conspiracy and providing material support for terrorism,” was to receive a $10M ‘compensation’ for his troubles and an official apology from the Government of Canada.

Sun mentioned the soldier family won their case, yet no mention that it was the courts that gave our money away NOT TRUDEAU - No  mention of Harper

you make me sick

13 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

yes that too....

Not so in Canada.

Well he is the PM, he could speak up about the case, but that would mean he would have to grow a spine.  A good leader does not go with the flow when they are in a disagreement.

I believe the same sun article stated Israel just sued the family of a terrorist who killed four soldiers.  That is what should have happened to this POS's family ie seize all possessions along with a boot out of Canada.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Well he is the PM, he could speak up about the case, but that would mean he would have to grow a spine.  A good leader does not go with the flow when they are in a disagreement.

I believe the same sun article stated Israel just sued the family of a terrorist who killed four soldiers.  That is what should have happened to this POS's family ie seize all possessions along with a boot out of Canada.

They did sued, and the soldier family won 130 million.

It will be interesting to hear how Trudeau's forced apology (for Harper's doings) will sound.... maybe one word "sorry" and walk away, but my feeling is there will be lots to talk about afterwards lol

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

They did sued, and the soldier family won 130 million.

It will be interesting to hear how Trudeau's forced apology (for Harper's doings) will sound.... maybe one word "sorry" and walk away, but my feeling is there will be lots to talk about afterwards lol

Like that has any jurisdiction in Canada.  Canada should have seized their possessions and showed them the door as the family was also funding terrorists.  What a fucking joke we must look like to the rest of the world.  Our courts are an embarrassment. 

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Like that has any jurisdiction in Canada.  Canada should have seized their possessions and showed them the door as the family was also funding terrorists.  What a fucking joke we must look like to the rest of the world.  Our courts are an embarrassment. 

Say it not so, you think Harper should have done more?  wow didn't see that coming.

I agree the settlement is fucked up

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Say it not so, you think Harper should have done more?  wow didn't see that coming.

I agree the settlement is fucked up

Neither Harper nor Trudeau couldn't really do anything until after the court verdict.  The ball is entirely in Trudeau's hands now.

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Neither Harper nor Trudeau couldn't really do anything until after the court verdict.  The ball is entirely in Trudeau's hands now.

Well in hind sight if we (Canada) put him on trail here and had put him in our jails for war crimes, there wouldn't be this issue today........

Trudeau or any PM can't over turn the highest courts unanimously  decision - (also heard about this being Trudeau's judges :lmao: )

9 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Well in hind sight if we (Canada) put him on trail here and had put him in our jails for war crimes, there wouldn't be this issue today........

Trudeau or any PM can't over turn the highest courts unanimously  decision - (also heard about this being Trudeau's judges :lmao: )

Well that would have been Chretien's call and mistake.  Harper never gave a shit about him and would have let him rot, Trudeau just wants to give him a hug.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

I find it completely vomitous that anyone can try and see a positive in this or use it for political advantage.

strange that is exactly what the CPC is doing, on their site and all social media - pathetic we can agree.

I wonder if there is grounds for an appeal

25 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

strange that is exactly what the CPC is doing, on their site and all social media - pathetic we can agree.

I wonder if there is grounds for an appeal

What appeal?  The Liberal government offered this as a settlement.  No court has awarded anything.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What appeal?  The Liberal government offered this as a settlement.  No court has awarded anything.

The ruling by Judge Richard Mosley means Khadr can significantly expand his $20-million civil lawsuit in which he accuses Ottawa of complicity in what he claims was his arbitrary detention and cruel and inhuman treatment at the hands of the Americans.

The dollar figures, of course, are completely arbitrary. If Khadr ultimately wins his case against the feds, a judge will decide the value of his award, regardless of whether he asked for $1 or $1 billion. In fact, one of Khadr’s lawyers says the $60-million tally listed in the lawsuit isn’t quite accurate, even though the document says so. “We perceive the claim as being a $20-million claim,” says John Kingman Phillips, who plans to correct the record when he appears in a Toronto courtroom Dec. 18. “That’s what it’s intended to be.”

Khadr, who was born in Toronto, was awarded the money after filing a lawsuit in 2004 against the Canadian government, claiming the country conspired with the U.S. to torture him at the jail. Khadr’s suit sought $20 million in compensation. On Monday, the Toronto Star revealed that the suit has been settled and that Khadr will get less than he sought.

alternative facts AC?   or did our government negotiate a better deal?

21 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

The ruling by Judge Richard Mosley means Khadr can significantly expand his $20-million civil lawsuit in which he accuses Ottawa of complicity in what he claims was his arbitrary detention and cruel and inhuman treatment at the hands of the Americans.

The dollar figures, of course, are completely arbitrary. If Khadr ultimately wins his case against the feds, a judge will decide the value of his award, regardless of whether he asked for $1 or $1 billion. In fact, one of Khadr’s lawyers says the $60-million tally listed in the lawsuit isn’t quite accurate, even though the document says so. “We perceive the claim as being a $20-million claim,” says John Kingman Phillips, who plans to correct the record when he appears in a Toronto courtroom Dec. 18. “That’s what it’s intended to be.”

Khadr, who was born in Toronto, was awarded the money after filing a lawsuit in 2004 against the Canadian government, claiming the country conspired with the U.S. to torture him at the jail. Khadr’s suit sought $20 million in compensation. On Monday, the Toronto Star revealed that the suit has been settled and that Khadr will get less than he sought.

alternative facts AC?   or did our government negotiate a better deal?

Hopefully Harpers bill C10 will give all of that to Speer's widow.  You good with that?

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I am good with him getting nothing - why do you even ask? 

Cause i dont care if his rights were violated.  Its not like he was wrongfully accused and they made up false evidence.  Do you care if Bernado was assraped while in the care of the cops.  Should he get out with a 100 mil settlement?

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Cause i dont care if his rights were violated.  Its not like he was wrongfully accused and they made up false evidence.  Do you care if Bernado was assraped while in the care of the cops.  Should he get out with a 100 mil settlement?

Do you believe in the law of our land?  its a yes or no answer...........

When we were rounding up Nazi's 50yr 60yr after the fact, did they get a trail? did they deserve one?  yes or no

Sometimes laws get in the way of emotions, good thing?  ie Youth Offenders Act.  If there are laws that we want chages too we must protest or voice our opinions before the fact

On Bernardo - he had his day in court

Karla got a good deal due to bad police work, I agree with keeping the plea deal made