Seadoo Spark test drive - not bad!

So me and the wife had the chance to play around on a pair of 2016 Seadoo Spark jet skis.  I haven't rode a jetski since the late 90's and it was a new one of those Polaris 750 disasters that sunk their water market.  But for an entry level boat the Spark is pretty quick, gets up to 50 mph in no time, handles great and the things got dumped over countless times with all the different people using them they just kept bouncing back up and would start right up each time.  Not bad for $5500 considering what the new big dogs go for.  2 thumbs up from this guy, I don't think I'll ever buy one though its not for me.  A pontoon is more my speed.

I have seen many of the early spark with a busted Hull they keep making them thicker . good deal for a ski for sure they really put a hurt on the used market . my bud owns a sk shop and use to always buy decent ski that came in to shop with more issues than owner wanted to deal with . rebuild them all over winter and have a dozen or so ready for spring . now only bothers with real new high end flips because why buy a POS used seadoo when you can buy a new POS seadoo for the same money.

he is doing re flash   on those sparks all the time . also odd thing the sparks are a hot item for crooks my bud last 2 from lot cops caught  some one the next yr trying to steel a pr . other dealer around here has also lost some.  odd 14k or more ski next to it worth way more in parts they keep going for the sparks

The engine is what really interested me.  It's quiet, smooth, and good on gas. 900 ACE I believe.

Nothing like what jet skis used to be drinking gas by the 5 gallon cans several a day, plus 2 stroke oil.

Are there any 2 stroke skis left or all they all 4 stroke now?

Yeah our lake is pretty small and generally I don't like people with jet skis tearing the place up.  I still don't like them, but its cool I got to try a new model after 20 years of not being on one.  I'm curious, how fast does a 300hp ski go across a calm large lake? 

28 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Yeah our lake is pretty small and generally I don't like people with jet skis tearing the place up.  I still don't like them, but its cool I got to try a new model after 20 years of not being on one.  I'm curious, how fast does a 300hp ski go across a calm large lake? 

They are limited to 68 mph, but an easy mod brings them to 72-73.  

57 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

My godson fixed his Spark over the weekend with Flex Tape...cracked hull :lol: 

what yr? they keep adding like 30mill a yr to try to stop the busting not sure why they don't add some ribs or something

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Ez ryder said:

what yr? they keep adding like 30mill a yr to try to stop the busting not sure why they don't add some ribs or something

I think it's a couple years old now but not sure exactly the year. It gets beat on pretty good by the kids on a regular basis

18 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

So me and the wife had the chance to play around on a pair of 2016 Seadoo Spark jet skis.  I haven't rode a jetski since the late 90's and it was a new one of those Polaris 750 disasters that sunk their water market.  But for an entry level boat the Spark is pretty quick, gets up to 50 mph in no time, handles great and the things got dumped over countless times with all the different people using them they just kept bouncing back up and would start right up each time.  Not bad for $5500 considering what the new big dogs go for.  2 thumbs up from this guy, I don't think I'll ever buy one though its not for me.  A pontoon is more my speed.

Doo really hit the nail smack on the head here. Can find those 2 fer 10k and finance.  That's awesome!  Been ten years since I sold my last set of Ski Doos but I'm sure mine was over 10k by itself!!!!!  

Now....if the OEMS could make a nice inexpensive entry level sled again for around the same price (financed), we'd be grooming more trails.  Seems few are dropping cash for these things anymore until they reach "give away status", which they all seem to do after 1000 miles.

have not been to a doo dealer this summer .but last yr I was a a dealer show with my bud and doo had a new model with the spark style hull .had a larger motor but larger body for bigger h20. not sure if it was for this yr or next. no matter all doo pretty much are what they are,buy a Kawwi.or a yammi