Intense fighting between Iraq and ISIS

House to house street fighting, walking bombs, civilians, intense video footage at the link.

Brutal fighting between the Iraqi Army and ISIS continues on the streets of Mosul. ISIS is being forced to give way, but the price is high. CNN's Nick Paton Walsh has the story.

57 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

C'mon Vincent...I thought you said Mosul was gonna be done in a few months?

You should have posted this in that thread. :lol:

Love you!  :happy:

Hmmmm, everything I read leading up to the offensive said it was going to be a tough go, I don't recall saying it was going to be a few months, but if I did I'm sure you can find it for me. As of right now the offensive is 8.5 months old.

54 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Surprised CNN is showing that.

CNN shows stuff like that all the time, I know it's not that wild and wacky Twitter feed you're locked on to, but it's pretty good stuff nonetheless.

In any event that is some video that the journalism team took eh :thumb: 

22 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Hmmmm, everything I read leading up to the offensive said it was going to be a tough go, I don't recall saying it was going to be a few months, but if I did I'm sure you can find it for me. As of right now the offensive is 8.5 months old.

CNN shows stuff like that all the time, I know it's not that wild and wacky Twitter feed you're locked on to, but it's pretty good stuff nonetheless.

I brought the thread back to the top for you Vincent.  The one where you were "schooling me" on military tactics. :lmao:

Now, you don't have to admit I was correct if you don't want to.  You did have your "sources" at the time.  CNN again?  

:lol:

Start here though.

11 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Just think......... WE caused that fucking mess.

Does anybody know where Isis is getting all of this military hardware? :news:

12 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Haven't watch CNN in over a decade and I don't do Twitter, lol.  They were pretty lame compared to the BBC and Euro outlets and very sanitized, but that's why I said it was surprising.:bc:

On 9/28/2016 at 6:55 PM, Mileage Psycho said:

Mosul is going to be a huge offensive, Fallujah which the Iraqi Army along with US air power and advisers took this past May is a town of 275,000, Mosul is a city of about 750,000 and they figure the offensive will take several months as it will be a block by block slog to recapture the city.

15 hours ago, Zambroski said:

C'mon Vincent...I thought you said Mosul was gonna be done in a few months?

You should have posted this in that thread. :lol:

Love you!  :happy:

Uhhh no, as you can see my 09-29-16 post you dug up for me.

11 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Honest ?  Why don't we just drop a couple pallets of warning leaflets on Mosul, and then just MOAB the whole fucking region?

Civilians is the honest answer.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/03/world/middleeast/mosul-civilians-escape-isis.html

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Uhhh no, as you can see my 09-29-16 post you dug up for me.

My bad...you said "several" not "a few".  Then used your CNN sources to argue with me..then insulted my experience.  SO....how close are we to getting it done?  Want my guess? Nawwww....you got this! :lol:

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

"honest answer" from another one of your sources.

Hey...you are "well read" in military tactical operations though.  NYT and CNN say so.  And they say A LOT of things!  

:lol:

Happy 4th Vince...sorry it's not celebrating with your lying queen though....she's probably out seething somewhere quietly pickling herself. :lmao:

"This should have been MY 4th of July!"

Image result for It's my turn hillary

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

My bad...you said "several" not "a few".  Then used your CNN sources to argue with me..then insulted my experience.  SO....how close are we to getting it done?  Want my guess? Nawwww....you got this! :lol:

The Iraqi's are preparing for celebrations.

Iraqis Prepare Celebrations For Expected Liberation Of Mosul

https://www.rferl.org/a/iraq-mosul-preparations-expected-liberation-islamic-state/28593743.html

The warmup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZWsmIaw2uA

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

Let me reiterate......

Hey let's spends trillions we don't have, killing thousands of Innocents (cuz that's what Jesus wants), maiming vets so the VA can shit on them later, to destabilize 2 continents to make more enemies and have more wars!!!111 

#4thofjuly #murica! #ilovefriedchickens

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The Iraqi's are preparing for celebrations.

Iraqis Prepare Celebrations For Expected Liberation Of Mosul

https://www.rferl.org/a/iraq-mosul-preparations-expected-liberation-islamic-state/28593743.html

The warmup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZWsmIaw2uA

Yeah...I'll mark my calendar for that.  But I'll do it in pencil.  Cuz...I don't see it.

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Hey let's spends trillions we don't have, killing thousands of Innocents (cuz that's what Jesus wants), maiming vets so the VA can shit on them later, to destabilize 2 continents to make more enemies and have more wars!!!111 

#4thofjuly #murica! #ilovefriedchickens

Wait, are you saying that we should have left Saddam in power?  Cuz I am.  Bush 1 was right the first time.  

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...I'll mark my calendar for that.  But I'll do it in pencil.  Cuz...I don't see it.

Wait, are you saying that we should have left Saddam in power?  Cuz I am.  Bush 1 was right the first time.  

Yes. Assuming the horror stories about Saddam weren't fake news Iraq was a fairly safe place with Saddam. They are not better off post Saddam. 

Just now, Anler said:

Yes. Assuming the horror stories about Saddam weren't fake news Iraq was a fairly safe place with Saddam. They are not better off post Saddam. 

Oh, I'm sure he was a pretty rough tyrant at times.  But that is what those people need over there.  It's what they've been taught to fear and obey for thousands of years: brutal force.  It keeps them in a fairly straight line and timid.  It's why they are the most horrible fighters in the world.  They are just scared shitless.  

I'm more that positive Al Quada and ISIS wouldn't be fucking around over there like that if Saddam was still here.  But then, we'd come to ISIS' rescue because we saw sad pictures of them being gassed to death.

Were so fucked up.  I just laugh anymore.  We're never gonna change either...no matter what party is in power.  I realized that when we sent those tomahawks into Syria for a bullshit reason (and to kill nobody), both sides and their media were just gleeming!!!!!!!

Now I buy defense stocks.  May as well.  Safe buy.