2000 Silverado window motor and regulator

• Platinum Contributing Member

Speaking of GMs my 2000 Silverado needs a front window and motor regulator and just wondering if it's worth the extra few bucks to buy AC Delco instead of aftermarket...Rock Auto has a lot to choose from.

Well, I try to stay factory but once my vehicles start to get a bit older, I go aftermarket.  In fact, I'm starting to go aftermarket a lot more now.  These "knock off" parts have gotten much better.  I guess I'd look at the size of the project though.  If it's a real PIA to get to the motor, I'd wonder if the few extra bucks for the AC would be worth the $$ to ensure I wasn't doing it again if I was planning on keeping it.  I replaced the rear window motor in my wife's SUV...took me all damn fucking weekend!! What a PIA...I went with a Factory part just for "insurance".  I'm not doing that shit again if I can help it.

• Like 1

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

Yeah fuck it....it's 17 years old with 213,000 on the clock.

I had a 177,000 on my last Tahoe when some punk kid ran a stop and totaled it.  I loved that truck.  And if the window regulator was like everything else to work on, easy peazy to do. I miss that.  It's a damn event just to just change the oil in my vehicles now. :wall:

Just now, Zambroski said:

I had a 177,000 on my last Tahoe when some punk kid ran a stop and totaled it.  I loved that truck.  And if the window regulator was like everything else to work on, easy peazy to do. I miss that.  It's a damn event just to just change the oil in my vehicles now. :wall:

Yeah this truck is pretty straightforward and it's nice to throw the dog in it without worrying about anything.

11 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Yeah this truck is pretty straightforward and it's nice to throw the dog in it without worrying about anything.

I had to replace switchgear, motors, regulators, did a bunch of speaker work on my 99 Z truck. I could have the door panels off in 30 seconds before it was over.

• Like 1

I had to replace both drivers and passenger twice on my 2000 silverado...bit of a pain to do...specially if window is tinted...mind you if you have small hands like Trumps its easier i would imagine. :lol:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Snake said:

I had to replace switchgear, motors, regulators, did a bunch of speaker work on my 99 Z truck. I could have the door panels off in 30 seconds before it was over.

Old syle or new style 99?

50 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Speaking of GMs my 2000 Silverado needs a front window and motor regulator and just wondering if it's worth the extra few bucks to buy AC Delco instead of aftermarket...Rock Auto has a lot to choose from.

I had to replace 3 out of the 4 window regulators in my 2000 Tahoe, back in the day.  I don't have any long term reports on the replacements, but I bought them on line, they probably came from Shanghai.  Given the stock ones wore out in 3-4 years I see no evidence that Delco is anything but shit. :bc:   Good news is I got it down to about 15 minutes to replace them.  Pretty easy.

• Like 1

One more dumb question....they say I need some 13 dollar door panel set of tools to remove the panel....yes or just yank the fucker apart? :lol:

9 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

One more dumb question....they say I need some 13 dollar door panel set of tools to remove the panel....yes or just yank the fucker apart? :lol:

Have a Harbor Freight near by?

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/trim-moulding.html

Edited by racinfarmer

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Not much cheaper then what they are asking and no HF nearby...I'll just order 'em up.

23 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I use a wonderbar just figure out where clips are, they are just a push in type replacements are cheap so dont worry about breaking them

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Rock Auto is nice since it is organized and easy to find all the available options.  However, their shipping costs are a complete disaster.  Oh, we stock that in 2 warehouses, you get to pay twice our already inflated shipping costs.  

I typically find the options that fit on Rock Auto and order through Amazon.

3 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Rock Auto is nice since it is organized and easy to find all the available options.  However, their shipping costs are a complete disaster.  Oh, we stock that in 2 warehouses, you get to pay twice our already inflated shipping costs.  

I typically find the options that fit on Rock Auto and order through Amazon.

never thought their shipping was over priced

2 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

never thought their shipping was over priced

Until you get multiple parts coming from multiple warehouses.  Or can't wait 5 days for it.  

Many parts have free one day shipping if the local Amazon warehouse has it.  Otherwise, only a few $ more for 1 day shipping, or free 2 day shipping.

11 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

Napa has all that stuff and you can just walk in and get it, pretty cool idea

We don't have a NAPA here.

15 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

O'Riellys had parts in stock when I needed a tailgate handle, door handle, and some blower part, if one of those is close.  

4 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

Ok Daiv

We do have an O'Reilly and Lily you specifically said NAPA and we don't have one here....how's does that make me Daive?:fuckyou: