Michigan drivers will have to pony up more money

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2017/07/01/catastrophic-claim-fee/103348930/   Open the books so the general paying public can see what is going on.

It's always something in this state....can anybody explain why the tags for my 2000 Silverado are more than the ones for my 2017 Equinox? 

20 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

It's always something in this state....can anybody explain why the tags for my 2000 Silverado are more than the ones for my 2017 Equinox? 

My 2007 328i is around $250ish to register. (Was a $50k car new.)

My 2011 X5 was $210. ($71k new)

What the fuck?

1 minute ago, Snake said:

What the fuck?

Exactly.....although my Silverado cost more in 2000 than the Equinox did in 2017 so it makes a little bit of sense but good lord my truck is now a 3000 dollar heater and dog hauler.:bashhead:

It's amazing what different states charge (extort) for vehicle taxes.  My daughter's 2007 X5 we just bought her was less than $50 with new plates.  Once a vehicle hits 7 or 8 years old here in MN, it drops to a minimum charge.  At 10 years, I think it is just $30 or so.  Makes sense, these winters are hard on vehicles.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's amazing what different states charge (extort) for vehicle taxes.  My daughter's 2007 X5 we just bought her was less than $50 with new plates.  Once a vehicle hits 7 or 8 years old here in MN, it drops to a minimum charge.  At 10 years, I think it is just $30 or so.  Makes sense, these winters are hard on vehicles.

Now that is what I'm talking about....in my pea brain a a 17 year old 3000 dollar pickup should not cost more to register than a 2017 Equinox. The 2007 Edge was the most expensive to register....

25 minutes ago, Snake said:

What the fuck?

$110.00 in Illinois............hmmmm maybe if the state with the 5th largest population in the union went to Maine rates it wouldn't be broke :lol: 

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

$110.00 in Illinois............hmmmm maybe if the state with the 5th largest population in the union went to Maine rates it wouldn't be broke :lol: 

Nahhh....you guys would fuck it up regardless. :smack:

6 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Now that is what I'm talking about....in my pea brain a a 17 year old 3000 dollar pickup should not cost more to register than a 2017 Equinox. The 2007 Edge was the most expensive to register....

I wonder how the fuck these states come up with this shit.  Maybe something to do with emissions with the age?  Hell, it's a damn mystery.  It's like how health and life insurers are still going off height and weight from the 1940's to quote rates.  Fuck me!  I've been morbidly obese since the 10th grade!!!!! :lol:

4 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Nahhh....you guys would fuck it up regardless. :smack:

That'd be my bet too. :lmao:

A couple of months back, IL finally tracked me down and I had to pay a $225 ticked for missing a toll both I guess when we drove south a couple of years ago.  I don't even remember it....it was after midnight.  Fuck that state takes forever to get through north to south.  

I called to complain and question it...I mean, from two years ago.  I got La-quessaha on the first call.  I called back and got Demarqueis-sha on the second.  Just sent my money.  Worth it just to not have to speak to a couple of egg plants.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Snake said:

What the fuck?

Its the same here...ive paid less for my 3500 denali then I did for my wifes F150....my thinking is there is alot more f150s on the road then 3500 denalis....pure money grab.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Quit smokin and drinkin AND has 2 GM's in the yard ?  Damn , Jimmy , your one tough sob :lol:  :bc: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Quit smokin and drinkin AND has 2 GM's in the yard ?  Damn , Jimmy , your one tough sob :lol:  :bc: 

More like fucked in the head! :lol:

3 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Exactly.....although my Silverado cost more in 2000 than the Equinox did in 2017 so it makes a little bit of sense but good lord my truck is now a 3000 dollar heater and dog hauler.:bashhead:

But it wears and tears on the roads the same as when it was new, thats the theory 

1 minute ago, MiSledder said:

But it wears and tears on the roads the same as when it was new, thats the theory 

Well fuck their stupid theory! :lol:

Just now, MiSledder said:

The weight fee on the title is actually the base price of vehicle new, thats how they figure the plate

Ahhhh...10-4.