Stop. The. Winning.

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis has decided to delay until next year a decision on whether to move forward with a policy that allows transgender people to enlist in the military.

Transgender service members have been allowed to serve openly in the military since last year. But former Defense Secretary Ash Carter set a July 1 deadline for the four military services to write their own policies to allow them to accept new transgender troops.

"Secretary Mattis today approved a recommendation by the services to defer accessing transgender applicants into the military until Jan. 1, 2018," said Dana W. White, a Pentagon spokesperson, in a statement Friday night. "The services will review their accession plans and provide input on the impact to the readiness and lethality of our forces."

Military leaders had sent a request to Mattis last week asking him to delay implementation of the new policy for six months.

The leaders said the six-month delay would give the services time to see if transgender troops currently serving are facing issues and determine if changes are needed.

By listening to military leaders, Mattis decided not to follow a request by more than a dozen Democratic lawmakers who wrote to him this week urging "no further delay" in implementing the policy.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/jim-mattis-delays-plan-for-transgender-enlistment-in-military/article/2627614

9 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

how is this winning, snakey?

Those who understand Mattis' mantra of a force on the absolute edge of lethality know.

The military is no place for social experimentation.

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Those who understand Mattis' mantra of a force on the absolute edge of lethality know.

The military is no place for social experimentation.

maybe i read this wrong instead. it appeared to me they can enroll now, but mathis extended the decision to stop it until next year. 

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

maybe i read this wrong instead. it appeared to me they can enroll now, but mathis extended the decision to stop it until next year. 

Pretty cut and dried...

The leaders said the six-month delay would give the services time to see if transgender troops currently serving are facing issues and determine if changes are needed.

21 minutes ago, Snake said:

Pretty cut and dried...

i still don't see how you're claiming this as a win. a win for you, imo, would be an immediate ban. :dunno:

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

i still don't see how you're claiming this as a win. a win for you, imo, would be an immediate ban. :dunno:

You and your family will sleep a little better knowing the military is less distracted with snowflake type issues that matter not to their core mission. Winning enough for you?