Home Depot, Lowe's or Menards?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite?

• Home Depot
    • Lowe's
    • Menard's
    • Other/Local Store

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

IM WORKED UP THE PROPER LEVEL FOR ANY RED BLOODED AMERICAN MALE WHEN DISCUSSING BLAIN'S!! 

:lmao:

They carry Zima or what?  Or those canned champagne coolies?

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

So what if they do? YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THE MISSES ENJOYING FARM AND FLEET TOO FUCK FACE?!

No problem at all.  But let's keep this gender neutral.  We've got rules about all that in a thread here. :lmao:

• Platinum Contributing Member

I have 2 HD's within 15 minutes of home so that's where I head most often.

For large lumber purchases, I use Rona because the local place used to be a family run yard specializing in deck and fence materials. But then they bought into the Rona chain.

Menards hands down the best . contractor points the best the 11% rebates every 3 weeks they make sure the full timers know there regulars name and say hi . they DO NOT have guys out doing your job or selling your job to consumers in store . they do pass numbers of contractors to people asking . way larger selection on everything . only place HD is better is returns you do not have to have to look up a receipt just give them any of the cards you may have used and start running your returns . may not sound like a big deal unless you only clean out the truck or job site every few mo and you have a full cart or more lol. groceries and cheep pop  cheep work jeans and shorts and they always have clean free Menards t shirts to give if you ask the right guy .and I fucking hate loading a cart with the shit I need then push the fucking thing through a store with shit blocking the isles then pay then go out and grab all that shit again and load it 1 more fucking time fuck home depot fuck lowes . I will say Lowes has the best clearance always buy shit for flips and apartment work in there clearance  

I have like 5k in Menards contractor point dollars and 11% dollars in my folder .

also my buddy sells them all there dog/cat  toys

all that said I have a deep love for the man mall (fleet Farm } if only they had a freezer full of red meat and a liquor store there would be no need for any other store         

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Cool off a bit.  You're really getting worked up a bit too much over this.

:lol:

that family rivalry runs so deep it pisses other people off that is twisted family shit there

I do enjoy the new man mall down the road from me. That is where I picked up the new kayak for my daughter.:hi:. Another reason I like Maynard's , is because my 18 year old son works there part time. They pay him well and treat him great. $15.50 on the weekends driving a stock picker at their D.C. This is where I buy most of my work stuff. They wrote the book on customer service. They are open 24hours.http://www.porterpipe.com/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

We only have lowes and hd here....i like lowes better cause you can actually get someone to help you if needed....hd is a ghost town were employees are concerned

What about Rona?

I thought they were bought by Lowes I believe.  They are great near the Cottage but sucked near the home.  HD is OK at both.

7 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

that family rivalry runs so deep it pisses other people off that is twisted family shit there

They are not related.

http://www.rrstar.com/blogs/20120725/farm--fleet-vs-fleet-farm

Both Mills Fleet Farm and Blain’s Farm & Fleet are celebrating their 50th anniversaries this year. In both stores, the layout is virtually the same, as is the merchandise. Are they owned by the same company? 

Though it’s often rumored in farm country that the Mills and Blain’s chains are the result of a family feud, they’re not, says Blain’s spokeswoman Renee Tarnutzer. “In fact, we chuckle every time we hear the rumor that there was some sort of family dispute between two brothers,” she says.

The Mills Cos. opened a farm merchandise store called Fleet Wholesale Supply in Marshfield, Wis., in 1955, and that piece of the Mills family empire morphed into Mills Fleet Farm in 1960. It has 30 stores in Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and Iowa.

Blain’s Farm & Fleet also dates from 1955 and was founded by brothers W.C. Blain and N.B. Blain. The chain has 33 stores in Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa; the closest to Rochester is in LaCrosse, Wis.

Unlike Fleet Farm, Blain’s has a company song, recorded in Nashville by members of Eddie Rabbitt’s band, with lyrics such as, “We're making it easy to save you time...we're bringing you quality...the top of the line.”

Edited by XCR1250

5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What about Rona?

I thought they were bought by Lowes I believe.  They are great near the Cottage but sucked near the home.  HD is OK at both.

Ya there is a rona in both Saskatoon and regina....i havent been there since Lowes bought them...but before they were always more expensive then lowes.

10 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

The local Ace Hardware is 3 minutes from house as is a Family Farm and Home....use them 99% of the time.

Same here.  They bought out the local ACO, which  sucked.  Full line of Craftsman tools. Also have two other small specialty hardware stores with in 10- mi. One has plumbing, other has a great parts store for anything lawn equipment related.

HD is my last resort.

I use local hardware al lot more than I care to you take a beating in them but usually way cheaper than time  and gas. I have a bud who owns a old school hardware hand in S Minneapolis small store 80% of is customers are property managers etc . he said if it was just home owners he would have been done years ago. but lets just say he is doing just fine . wife never worked 2 kids privet school  big ass house on the lake in the western burbs new sled every other yr . he drives a old f150 to work and has 2 infinity's at home  . there is good money in those little stores

Last fall, our dryer of 18 years puked.  We stopped by HD to look around.  Sales lady walks up and asks me what we're looking for, so I tell her.  She says she recommends LG (I think) because a lot of the parts are made of stainless steel while others user plastic for them.  I naturally ask her if those parts fail in the other dryers because they are plastic.  Her face immediately turned red as she got so pissed. She just walked away.  Took her a couple of minutes and she came back around to try to tell how the stainless steel was better because it won't rust.  I reminded her how plastic doesn't rust either.  I then asked her when was the last time she flew in a commercial airplane.  I told her the wing spars are made of plastic because that is the strongest, lightest, material for them to use.  She again got so pissed, she just walked away!  LOL  I got a second washer for Melissa last month and the sales lady knew exactly who we were talking to and said she had been let go because of so many complaints.

Edited by SmeeAgain

14 hours ago, Zambroski said:

They opened up a huge Mills Fleet Farm here last year.  Fucking nice.  Well, on the outside anyway...haven't been there yet.  Bout to though.  

:thumb:Mills Fleet Farm

where else can you find shoes, firearms, fishing poles, food, tires, tools, and horse tranquilizer?

why would any one need help at a lowes or HD if asking about a product from a guy or lady working there it is the same as asking the kid at target the same question . do you think if they had any idea what they were talking about they would be working retail for 14 bucks or the trade they are advising you on for 35? 

32 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

why would any one need help at a lowes or HD if asking about a product from a guy or lady working there it is the same as asking the kid at target the same question . do you think if they had any idea what they were talking about they would be working retail for 14 bucks or the trade they are advising you on for 35? 

Dude....they have some shit up high.....

Like screen doors for example....the display models are down low....sure i could find a ladder...but why the fuck should I....I dont work there.

17 hours ago, f7ben said:

Menards for cheap shit....lowes if you want something more quality. Local if you want decent lumber

Menards definitely has some cheap shit, but they also have some pretty decent stuff too.  No Lowes here, HD, Menards, or Fleet Farm.  

Plus, Menards is the only place in town that I've found to carry stuff for my Slatwall.