Home Depot, Lowe's or Menards?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite?

• Home Depot
    • Lowe's
    • Menard's
    • Other/Local Store

3 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

Dude....they have some shit up high.....

Like screen doors for example....the display models are down low....sure i could find a ladder...but why the fuck should I....I dont work there.

I get that . I still get my own shit it takes like 7 people to close and guard 3 fucking isles so some dick weed can take 10 min to put his harness on to ride a lift up 7 feet and grab a door . I don't have time or patents for that shit . if I am in a HD mid day that is on my clock . 1 more reason I avoid that fuck hole like the plague

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I get that . I still get my own shit it takes like 7 people to close and guard 3 fucking isles so some dick weed can take 10 min to put his harness on to ride a lift up 7 feet and grab a door . I don't have time or patents for that shit . if I am in a HD mid day that is on my clock . 1 more reason I avoid that fuck hole like the plague

Good god..Menards is SOOOOO much better than HD.  HD is for the DIY people.  Menards up here is a full on contractor house.  I never wait for shit.  They've got tons of people working.  Home Depot here is a fucking train wreck...ALL THE TIME!  Never anyone around and when they are, they are as useless and stupid as SeRena. 

I like home Depot. Menards may be cheaper on some stuff but we have some really big stores and it just takes forever to find what I'm looking for there. Hardly ever go to Lowe's. 

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Are you spiderman...im not climbing up 10 ft to grab a door... :lol:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Good god..Menards is SOOOOO much better than HD.  HD is for the DIY people.  Menards up here is a full on contractor house.  I never wait for shit.  They've got tons of people working.  Home Depot here is a fucking train wreck...ALL THE TIME!  Never anyone around and when they are, they are as useless and stupid as SeRena. 

hell I have a issue on site and I call  my rep at menards he is usually driving out or getting the truck loaded if it is poss there or there suppliers fuck up . home depot yeah right it will be 3 to 6 weeks for a new what ever to arrive

Just now, Ez ryder said:

hell I have a issue on site and I call  my rep at menards he is usually driving out or getting the truck loaded if it is poss there or there suppliers fuck up . home depot yeah right it will be 3 to 6 weeks for a new what ever to arrive

YUP!  I dread having to deal with HD.  DREAD IT.  My contractor girl that was there bailed and left me with a couple of knott-headed fuck tards.  My wife has more building knowledge.  MORONS!  

3 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Are you spiderman...im not climbing up 10 ft to grab a door... :lol:

no I will wheel a ladder through the store if some one says something I just say well hurry up cuz it is coming down if you can beat me to it the job is yours. they tent to get all flustered and take 5 min to find a manager by that time I am at the checkouts . I have had managers tell me it is not store policy blaa blaa so I say well then ban me from shopping here I need the favor.  

I have been to menards all over the Midwest . the most ass backwards pile of shit is some fucked up diagonal lay out rambler in Mappelwood MN . the biggest cluster fuck they have I will drive the extra 10 min if I am sentenced to work on that side of town for a favor or some shit for a existing customer on my end of town .

I actually go to all of them.  If I had to go to just one it would be Menards.  I go there the most often, especially when I know what I need and where to find it.  The store in Burnsville is nice, Eden Prairie is even better.  Got a bunch of perennials this spring for some new landscaping, cost half what HD was asking.  Looking at building a fence and will probably buy all of it at Menards during an 11% off sale.  Never had them deliver anything but think I'm going to give it a try.  I'll buy extra and return the junk.

If I actually need help I go to Home Depot or the local Ace Hardware.

On June 28, 2017 at 8:20 PM, FAT DAVE said:

We only have lowes and hd here....i like lowes better cause you can actually get someone to help you if needed....hd is a ghost town were employees are concerned

It's the opposite here. I used to work at lowes part time and we were always understaffed. They hire people with zero knowledge because not many people want to work there for what they pay. And then they don't train you at all.

Ive never seen a menards. The HD here is pretty good. I try to shop local for certain things but sometimes it's just a lot more convenient or cheaper to go to the box stores.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

I actually go to all of them.  If I had to go to just one it would be Menards.  I go there the most often, especially when I know what I need and where to find it.  The store in Burnsville is nice, Eden Prairie is even better.  Got a bunch of perennials this spring for some new landscaping, cost half what HD was asking.  Looking at building a fence and will probably buy all of it at Menards during an 11% off sale.  Never had them deliver anything but think I'm going to give it a try.  I'll buy extra and return the junk.

they do not sort when you get a delevery in fact they just grab thé Twisted  junk on top unless toy have your rep go out and ride thé kids a bit 

22 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Menards used to let you buy gift cards at 11% off, then you could go do your shopping and use the gift card to get yet another 11% off.  It was a pretty good thing when you needed to buy a whole bunch of stuff, or a dozen sheds.  

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Menards used to let you buy gift cards at 11% off, then you could go do your shopping and use the gift card to get yet another 11% off.  It was a pretty good thing when you needed to buy a whole bunch of stuff, or a dozen sheds.  

not sure why but you do not pay tax when redeeming your 11%off check . so if you buy something for 100 bucks and you use a rebate check for 75 bucks you only pay tax on 25bucks

we have no Menards in my neck of the woods, so Lowes or Home depot are it. used to be a local chain owned by the Wegmans food stores called Chase Pitkin but closed when Lowes came to the area, local hardware store gets all my fastiner and little shit biz