Yogurt

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I like Chobani but needed something with a few less calories when i went on a diet so i eat Dannon Greek 80 calorie.   I buy 4 4 packs a week of it usually have 1 in the morning and 1 at night.  

That's what I get also...good stuff

42 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I buy Chobani, not only is it good the owner treats his employees really well and has been a real asset to the area the plant is in.

That guy is awesome. Great success story. :bc: 

We had Columbo here for many years run by a awesome Armenian family. Business was sold to Yoplai after many great years. Yoplai promised to continue the Colombo traditions. They sold it to General Mills In 4 years they closed the plant for what they called logistics reasons. A few hundred employees were  let go. General Mills then buried the Columbo yogurt name.

Corporate America at its finest

http://www.culinarylore.com/food-history:what-happened-to-colombo-yogurt

Edited by Mainecat

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

That guy is awesome. Great success story. :bc: 

Yes he is, I drive by his plant in NY all the time he gave 10% of the company to some of the employees who started with him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

We had Columbo here for many years run by a awesome Armenian family. Business was sold to Yoplai after many great years. Yoplai promised to continue the Colombo traditions. They sold it to General Mills In 4 years they closed the plant for what they called logistics reasons. A few hundred employees were  let go. General Mills then buried the Columbo yogurt name.

Corporate America at its finest

http://www.culinarylore.com/food-history:what-happened-to-colombo-yogurt

Shocked stoneyfield didn't suffer the same fate when Danone bought them.  Now that they are for sale again we'll have to see if they can survive another giant corporate owner.  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

Shocked stoneyfield didn't suffer the same fate when Danone bought them.  Now that they are for sale again we'll have to see if they can survive another giant corporate owner.  

Lotta NH people work there.

REDDIT

Yogurt

yogurt

Yogurt seems like a health food. But it can cause some unwanted side effects. |  iStock.com

Most of us think of yogurt as a healthy snack. But The Huffington Post warns that according to scientists, yogurt might not be quite as healthy as you assume. The Harvard School of Public Health found expectant moms who ate a serving of low-fat yogurt each day were more likely to have kids with allergies or asthma.

And Livestrong notes according to other studies, probiotic yogurts can cause minor side effects — such as gas or an upset stomach — or in rare cases, a serious infection. Plus, added sugar and calories make some yogurts a less healthy snack than you might think.

Edited by XCR1250

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

yup did some loans for people over there over the years.  Funny you brought up columbo as I interviewed there for a co-op job back in 91 or 92 

A old friend did the design and build of their production lines many years ago.