Jeffrey Sachs: America can save $1 trillion and get better health care

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

Obama went on a scorched Earth policy from day one when it came to relations with the Repubs and for that matter he had poor relations with Congress in general.  Here is the thing Obama took all of the political hits (losing house, Senate and multiple state house races) and still did not push forward a single payer system which is what he wanted in the first place. Instead you got a plan that will fall of it's own weight regardless of what the Repubs do or do not. I am not upset one bit that Repubs who did not like the new plan gave it a thumbs down, better that than just Polish on the turd that is the current Obamacare law.

nonsense. Obama decided to work without repugs after it was clear they would do absolutely nothing to help him. as far as him getting single payer, he wouldn't have been able to make that achievement, for reasons described. hell I don't think many, if any, repukes would be for single payer even now.

2 hours ago, Anler said:

Any smart business owner should be pushing for this full steam. Take the burden of health care administration right off of their books and put it right on the individual. Anyone who thinks our current system is the best is just not capable of independent critical thought. And brainwashed by the corrupt media. 

I don't mind helping my crew out. The system we have is far from perfect. But to think that the US government would do a better job is laughable. When they can figure out how to keep social security solvent maybe I'll change my mind.

the only way to actually solve the healthcare issue in this country is to attack the costs of the actual care.  Even if it didn't work perfectly something like this it's still better than trumpcare or obamacare but neither side really wants to make changes to a system that lines their pocket as they have proven time and time again.  

47 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

nonsense. Obama decided to work without repugs after it was clear they would do absolutely nothing to help him. as far as him getting single payer, he wouldn't have been able to make that achievement, for reasons described. hell I don't think many, if any, repukes would be for single payer even now.

:lol:  sure the great leader failed to lead and you just keep making excuses for him.  Obama did nothing to help solve the medical crisis in this country and neither will Trump and the pubs.

Personally I think we need to move to single payer but reality is the insurance companies aren't the real drain on the system there are administrative costs regardless of system used (public or private) it's the providers and drug companies that are truly raping the people.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JEFF said:

I don't mind helping my crew out. The system we have is far from perfect. But to think that the US government would do a better job is laughable. When they can figure out how to keep social security solvent maybe I'll change my mind.

42 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

the only way to actually solve the healthcare issue in this country is to attack the costs of the actual care.  Even if it didn't work perfectly something like this it's still better than trumpcare or obamacare but neither side really wants to make changes to a system that lines their pocket as they have proven time and time again.  

Exactly. Our system is designed to bankrupt us.