anyone have a kawi jetski

firecatguy

Kawi stx1500 is a great ski, so is the ultra with the same engine. Stx is the more fun playfully ski. Ultra is a big wave mashing cruiser. I'm on my third Kawi with 205 hrs they have all been good.

Hondas are great no issues I know of. They use a civic motor so they last forever. Two hulls to choose from, much like the Kawi lineup.

Yammi just released a new EX model, entry level, 8500 bucks I think. Smaller but still a full size three seater.

Yamis r great just stay away from supercharged.

Yes good price, kawi are allways cheaper. Parts are no problem. 

I guess it's the 1200? Only issue with any 1200, 1500 up to 2009 was a single bearing driveshaft design. Wise to update to the double bearing design.

Deal with performance rec, they sell, service the most kawi skis. John the service manager knows these skis.

Not sure on Honda parts availability. There has been rumors they may come back, strong market these days. Their motor is a derivative of a car engine so parts will still be around. Aftermarket will have parts to fix any pump issues.

Ive ridden every configuration Kawi currently makes. You can still whip a 310hp ultra, but its a damn work out. and if you are going to try any high speed maneuvers. Hang the fuck on! Ultra Lx is a good machine for wife and kids if youre on a lake with bigger water. that being said. Id probably buy an STX15-F over the 310 or ultra lx. way way way more fun 

Im currently on the hunt for one of a few things,Kawasaki X2 and if i cant find a mint one... I almost have myself talked into a 2007 255hp seadoo rxp-x. I know thats going behind enemy lines seeing as Im at the kawi dealership. But its not a brand loyalty thing. Kawi just doesnt make enough in there lineup to satisfy why I want a pwc right now

Lots of Kawi 1500s with valve problems at 150 hours.  Pricey rebuilds, too, even just for a head.  (Any 4 stroke really).  I rode a rebuilt 1500.  Was ok, but a bit of a dog really....

Honda should last. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, firecatguy said:

Well still looking and now considering a spark with the ibr on it, willing to spend up to 6500 I'm on a small lake and I think it will be great for wife and kid.. Any input or leads on one??

sparks are awhore to work on. take hull apart to get the motor out

Stupid question but I don't want to build a dock off my cottage it's shallow sabd for 100+ feet so I'm just going to Moor whatever ski I get while I'm there and store in my garage when I'm not.. I was thinking 2 cinder blocks with a rope clipped to an old jug does anyone have a better idea?