Carrier workers betrayed by Trump

Carrier workers facing layoffs feel betrayed by Trump

Source: CBS News

INDIANAPOLIS -- A promise made before Christmas is fizzling before the Fourth of July. 

In December, then-President-elect Trump told hundreds of workers at the Carrier manufacturing plant that he had worked out a deal to save their jobs. 

But it's not working out that way. A steady downpour today did little to wash away the fact that the jobs of 600 union employees are going south. 

"They're going to Monterrey, Mexico," said Robert James, president of the local union. Reynolds said he felt betrayed, since Mr. Trump told workers during his December visit to the plant that 1,100 jobs would be saved. 

Read more: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/carrier-workers-facing-layoffs-feel-betrayed-by-trump/ar-BBD5YU7?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=UE01DHP

Don't blame Trump. I worked for carrier for 11 years, they moved that division from Syracuse back in 85. Back then they said they wanted it in Mexico. Carrier transicold went to Singapore, the are owned by UTC and they are assholes. When my furnace went. I told the HVAC company anyone but carrier. Gov. Como sr. Gave them 3 million for their compressor div to stay in Syracuse. They moved it in 3 years

29 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

the first mistake people make is that trump gives a shit about anyone other than himself and s few family members. 

Besides a few family members and yourself who do you give a shit about?

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

the first mistake people make is that trump gives a shit about anyone other than himself and s few family members. 

5 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Besides a few family members and yourself who do you give a shit about?

Cmon Tom.....not much of a comparison.

So when the story was about jobs saved Trump wasn't responsible but when the story switches to jobs lost it becomes Trumps fault? Sounds like the Obama years and the RWW's...exactly the same except the shoe is on the other foot 

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

So when the story was about jobs saved Trump wasn't responsible but when the story switches to jobs lost it becomes Trumps fault? Sounds like the Obama years and the RWW's...exactly the same except the shoe is on the other foot 

trump claims credit for stuff he has fuck all to do with so when it goes bad he should take the blame as well

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

trump claims credit for stuff he has fuck all to do with so when it goes bad he should take the blame as well

Lots of blow hards and Flip floppers around 

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

trump being the biggest :news: 

Blow hard, yes and by far.  He contradicts himself in back to back sentences which makes it tough for me to call him a flip flopper sometimes. You just never know what the hell is going on in his head or where he stands. 

22 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I read here by mc that trump had nothing to do with saving jobs at carrier :lol: now he betrayed them 

• Like 1

Trump stepped up to the mike and lied to US workers.....blatantly lied to them promising them he made a deal to save their jobs. Mant here including some clowns who have responded to this thread beleived his lie and voted for him.

He is the worst president in history.Hes a fuckin liar...but always has been.

36 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

I read here by mc that trump had nothing to do with saving jobs at carrier :lol: now he betrayed them 

:thumb: Yep...that's what I was getting at originally. No matter what MC and many others will be perpetually butt hurt like many others

9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Trump stepped up to the mike and lied to US workers.....blatantly lied to them promising them he made a deal to save their jobs. Mant here including some clowns who have responded to this thread beleived his lie and voted for him.

Yeah like all other politicians :lol: 

From Dec 1 2016

Indiana state officials have agreed to give United Technologies Corp $7 million worth of tax breaks to encourage the company to keep at least 1,069 jobs at its Carrier unit in Indianapolis, Carrier and the state said on Thursday.

President-elect Donald Trump has claimed credit for keeping well-paid manufacturing jobs in the country, but the deal is less than a complete victory for the Republican who campaigned on “putting America first.”

In the election campaign, Trump vowed to impose hefty tariffs if Carrier did not reverse course on shifting jobs to Mexico. The deal means Carrier will still send an estimated 1,300 jobs there.

https://www.google.ca/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2016/12/02/indiana-carrier-jobs-tax-breaks-mexico/%3Fsource%3Ddam

1 hour ago, MiSledder said:

I said he didnt and I was correct.....your point Mr. Dumbass Trump supporter?

30 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

A proven liar and hypocrite whines about another liar and hypocrite   😕

3 hours ago, Edmo said:

MC - Tell us about all the companies Obama tried to stop from going to Mexico, and what his success rate was. 

Barry gives money to companies that go bankrupt almost immediately :flush: 

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

:lies: