Dishwasher question...good brand.

1968 ,everything works and I can still get parts for it. The energy star program turned everything into unreliable disposable pieces of shit. This stuff should last 20 years,not 7.:bashhead:

IMG_2928.JPG

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep.  They are fantastic dish washers.  The top drawer holds a lot.  We almost never use the bottom drawer unless it's after a big party or gathering.  

Fisher-and-Paykel-DD24DCHTX7-Profile.jpg

That's what theirs looks like. Their drawers match there cabinets. $$$$$. 

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

That's what theirs looks like. Their drawers match there cabinets. $$$$$. 

Yea, not too bad though.  About $1200 for the stainless like the picture.  About $2000 for an exact match to the cabinetry.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
25 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Bosch is one of the if not the very best dish washers for the money.  Thats what i wanted but my wife wanted the Fisher Paykel. 

I open mine all the time thinking its not running.   Of course after 8 years you would think I'd look for the little red light on the floor. :ashamed:

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I open mine all the time thinking its not running.   Of course after 8 years you would think I'd look for the little red light on the floor. :ashamed:

Hmmm, thats weird.  I've never opened a dish washer in my adult life................ :news: 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep.  They are fantastic dish washers.  The top drawer holds a lot.  We almost never use the bottom drawer unless it's after a big party or gathering.  

Fisher-and-Paykel-DD24DCHTX7-Profile.jpg

dose the 2 drawer Fisher Paykel still have the ice maker option? we put one of those with ice in yrs back in to a party room bar in a guys "boat house" I wanted to live in the boat house .

Yes. The one I got off the job was like that. The GC grabbed the ice maker part. He didn't know the dishwashers parts were worth good money. 

Edited by Woodtick

Just now, Ez ryder said:

dose the 2 drawer Fisher Paykel still have the ice maker option? we put one of those with ice in yrs back in to a party room bar in a guys "boat house" I wanted to live in the boat house .

Not that I know of.  You can just get just 1/2 drawers ones though for a motorhome or cabin or gameroom.  

I don't know about an icemaker one.  

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

the miele that you knock on the door then it opens is pretty cool and cleans great if you have some fuck you money laying around

Yea, I heard those are very nice too.  Our local high end appliance store carries them.  Almost $4000 for their bad ass one.  

25 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Does it look like I have fuck you money laying around Ezra?:lmao:Biggie is looking to spend under $500, he must be fresh out of FU money.:lmao:

IMG_2928.JPG

why yes guys like you with the original 6os Frigidaire are usually the ones with the fuck you money. only prob is they can never find a large enough crow bar to get there wallet open to say fuck you .

I have a old ass Norge at a buds body shop right now getting stripped painted to match a guys car for his "storage garage " 

I have a old Koehler shitter in my shop that is a perfect match for your stove . believe it or not the millennial shit heads pay big money for that shit and stuff like your stove in good cond . not sure why but restoring mid century is in . I saw some guy drop big money in to getting his old steel kitchen cabs stripped and painted at a body shop last yr that original burnt orange fade/black  thing   

Edited by Ez ryder

I'd have to look at what my parents have, Kitchenaid maybe, but the thing is a total piece of shit. The plastic rack that you put silverware in is completely useless because it is half melted out, it never does a good job cleaning, no matter the setting, brand of soap, etc.  

Just junk.

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

1968 ,everything works and I can still get parts for it. The energy star program turned everything into unreliable disposable pieces of shit. This stuff should last 20 years,not 7.:bashhead:

IMG_2928.JPG

Exactly....this crap has all become basically disposable....bullshit.

I guess all you ballers missed my budget comment not to mention I'm just a dirt  bag house painter.....people I work for have Fisher Paykels and Wolf Ranges.....not this guy! :lol::crazy:

Edited by Biggie Smails

4 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I guess all you ballers missed my budget comment not to mention I'm just a dirt  bag house painter.....people I work for have Fisher Paykels and Wolf Ranges.....not this guy! :lol::crazy:

Your best bet is to pay $25 for a consumer reports subscription.  You will find the best dishwasher for under $500 there I would think.  

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Your best bet is to pay $25 for a consumer reports subscription.  You will find the best dishwasher for under $500 there I would think.  

Yeah well knowing my luck whatever I buy will crap out in 3 years max! :lol:

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

Does it look like I have fuck you money laying around Ezra?:lmao:Biggie is looking to spend under $500, he must be fresh out of FU money.:lmao:

IMG_2928.JPG

Yeah this unexpected dishwasher crap is eating into my pistol budget!

• Like 1

Some other cool old stuff that was in my house when I bought it. I believe it was originally a soda fountain from the 1950's? Could be older? Keeping this boring ass thread TTT for ya Biggie.:stoned:

IMG_2931.JPG

IMG_2932.JPG

IMG_2933.JPG

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Some other cool old stuff that was in my house when I bought it. I believe it was originally a soda fountain from the 1950's? Could be older? Keeping this boring ass thread TTT for ya Biggie.:stoned:

IMG_2931.JPG

IMG_2932.JPG

IMG_2933.JPG

Thats cool.  IS that a gameroom or den or something