F150 back up asist

Been discussed several times over the years.  There are definitely a few around here who swear by it.  IMO it's completely unnecessary.  Just one more thing to drive the cost of the vehicle up and fail over time.  

I wouldn't use it even if the truck had it.  

1 hour ago, xcr700 said:

:lol:Wtf.  If any of you faggots have it and use it,turn in your man card.

Who can't back up a trailer ?

I wonder how it works backing up something like a 1 man post hole digger ? I can back up abuot anything with no prob . but some of the rental shit with a 3 ft span from bumper to axil is imposable. I tell you what back when I would trailer boat to lake I can verify there are many many many out there that need that. hell 1 of the guys who works for me is a fucking retard when it comes to backing up a trailer . he could not even get my boat in to the launch when I was less than 30 feet from it. and we are talking about a 25ft boat axels at least 18 feet from bumper . a blind guy could back that thing up

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I wonder how it works backing up something like a 1 man post hole digger ? I can back up abuot anything with no prob . but some of the rental shit with a 3 ft span from bumper to axil is imposable. I tell you what back when I would trailer boat to lake I can verify there are many many many out there that need that. hell 1 of the guys who works for me is a fucking retard when it comes to backing up a trailer . he could not even get my boat in to the launch when I was less than 30 feet from it. and we are talking about a 25ft boat axels at least 18 feet from bumper . a blind guy could back that thing up

I can't back up my lawn sweeper on the riding mower worth a shit,but I can thread a needle with my 34 foot travel trailer :lol:

3 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Been discussed several times over the years.  There are definitely a few around here who swear by it.  IMO it's completely unnecessary.  Just one more thing to drive the cost of the vehicle up and fail over time.  

I wouldn't use it even if the truck had it.  

Yup. Can you imagine if the park asist and turbos blew up off warranty :flush:

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I thought I saw some one had remote cam for back of trailer that interfaced with back up cam . that is deff cool and useful  

That would be useful 

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

I would use the heck out of it just not to have to turn the steering wheel.

What aboot going forward :lol:

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

The new Jeep I just bought has every option but self park. Fuck that ,I stopped drinking and driving years ago. Why the fuck would I pay for that option?:guzzle:

You have limo money . Stfu:lol:

34 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

my bud just got a new  limited f150 and the thing has massage in both fr seats .

Is it an intruding fist? 

• Gold Member

The way I learned to back up a trailer was to turn around and look where your going (backwards) and then go. Not looking in mirrors or relying on others, except for distance from a wall or similar.

15 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

The way I learned to back up a trailer was to turn around and look where your going (backwards) and then go. Not looking in mirrors or relying on others, except for distance from a wall or similar.

I learned purely on mirrors lol. Talk about bizzaro world

12 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

WTF is backup assist? :dunno: 

It's something faggots and prepies use to back up a trailer. It's like a gay on board Co pilot :lol:

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

It's something faggots and prepies use to back up a trailer. It's like a gay on board Co pilot :lol:

I was taught never back up a car, trailer or otherwise, without looking backwards. :dunno:

3 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Are you talking about a backup cam or some other tech? :dunno: 

2 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I was taught never back up a car, trailer or otherwise, without looking backwards. :dunno:

The trailers I learned on were useless for looking backwards. ..alla you saw was trailer 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Are you talking about a backup cam or some other tech? :dunno: 

For reals? Ford has some dial on the dash or some shit that you turn,let go of the wheel, and it backs up a trailer for you while you rub one oot

28 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I got yelled at when I took my Class A driving test for doing that.:bc:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

I got yelled at when I took my Class A driving test for doing that.:bc:

Don't laugh, but when I was 14, 15,I worked for a traveling carnival with rides . Each ride is assigned 2 people to operate and setup/tear down.  Every time we got to a new location, the driver would allow me to park the ride with an LTL9000 . was a cool experience when all my buds were still riding bikes lol 

7 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

For reals? Ford has some dial on the dash or some shit that you turn,let go of the wheel, and it backs up a trailer for you while you rub one oot

I had no idea, I love the cam on my Ram for lining the ball and receiver other than that it's useless besides scanning for a small kid before back up at the grocery store.

I would love to see the Ford dash dial backup a trailer to the cat cave unscathed :lol: 

5 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Don't laugh, but when I was 14, 15,I worked for a traveling carnival with rides . Each ride is assigned 2 people to operate and setup/tear down.  Every time we got to a new location, the driver would allow me to park the ride with an LTL9000 . was a cool experience when all my buds were still riding bikes lol 

They also didn't like that I showed up with a load on to take the test.  
It wasn't my fault the test location just happened to be between the farm and the ethanol plant.

Carny.

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I had no idea, I love the cam on my Ram for lining the ball and receiver other than that it's useless besides scanning for a small kid before back up at the grocery store.

I would love to see the Ford dash dial backup a trailer to the cat cave unscathed :lol: 

No shit:lol:

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

They also didn't like that I showed up with a load on to take the test.  
It wasn't my fault the test location just happened to be between the farm and the ethanol plant.

Carny.

Is it legal to test with a load? 

Carny? ?haven't heard that in a while :lol:

1 hour ago, xcr700 said:

Is it an intruding fist? 

no but I was looking for the little Asian hand to pop out for the happy ending . for what he kicked out for that thing it is the least they could  provide

• Gold Member

Maybe backing up a trailer as in tractor trailer its not good principle but in the real world looking behind you is a good idea. :bc:

Not every trailer is measured as a TEU,

• Like 1