Best State to Buy Fireworks.

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

I think the mark up is really high. Fuck Krazy Kaplan rents every single billboard on 294 from 95th street all the way to the Indiana border. And on i80 too. It's pretty comical. Fuck that Jew I will never buy fireworks from him. :lol:

My wife just commented on that shit last week.....fucking kaplans and their never ending sea of billboards 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That shit there is not to be fucked with ........they do a large show about a half mile from my place and these guys do it every year for a crowd of people in the 500-1000 range. Last year something went wrong and a guy lost an arm and his partner had part of his lower leg blown off.

Now a 2" mortar will kill your ass dead too but the margin of error is a little greater there

I've launched more 3" and 6" shells than I can count, we used to put on a show at my buddies house that would rival some of the park district shows, when we first started we used cigars and cigs for ignition and after several years we progressed to flares on the end of a 3' stick of conduit along with face shields to stop the sunburn effect you get from launching up close. 

Yes it was dangerous and stupid but what a thrill it was to be up so close to feel the heat and the blastwave when it leaves the tube and the whole time you are in the fog of burnt gunpowder, the best part is that the people loved it :bc:  

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I've launched more 3" and 6" shells than I can count, we used to put on a show at my buddies house that would rival some of the park district shows, when we first started we used cigars and cigs for ignition and after several years we progressed to flares on the end of a 3' stick of conduit along with face shields to stop the sunburn effect you get from launching up close. 

Yes it was dangerous and stupid but what a thrill it was to be up so close to feel the heat and the blastwave when it leaves the tube and the whole time you are in the fog of burnt gunpowder, the best part is that the people loved it :bc:  

I agree ....I love it. I light 6 tubes with a fucking benzomatic torch :lol: sometimes I dont get number 6 before I bail 

Just now, Mainecat said:

Cherry bombs, m-80's and quarter sticks are what I like. Anywhere still sell em?

certainly no 1/4 sticks ......I dont think you can get m-80s anymore either 

• USA Contributing Member

I live in CT

Here's what I found out about Tennessee:

Based on the information available to US Fireworks at the time this data was compiled, the following legal requirements are in effect for the State of Tennessee.

Bottle Rockets: Legally Allowed
  Sky Rockets: Legally Allowed
  Roman Candles: Legally Allowed
  Firecrackers: Legally Allowed
  Sparklers: Legally Allowed
  Smoke and Punk: Legally Allowed
  Fountains: Legally Allowed
  Missiles: Legally Allowed
  Novelties: Legally Allowed
  Crackle and Strobe: Legally Allowed
  Parachutes: Legally Allowed
  Wheels and Spinners: Legally Allowed
  Sky Flyers: Legally Allowed
  Display Shells: Legally Allowed

Aerial Items (Cakes):

Are "display Shells" morters?

Legally Allowed

Just now, $poorsledder$ said:

I live in CT

Here's what I found out about Tennessee:

Based on the information available to US Fireworks at the time this data was compiled, the following legal requirements are in effect for the State of Tennessee.

Bottle Rockets: Legally Allowed
  Sky Rockets: Legally Allowed
  Roman Candles: Legally Allowed
  Firecrackers: Legally Allowed
  Sparklers: Legally Allowed
  Smoke and Punk: Legally Allowed
  Fountains: Legally Allowed
  Missiles: Legally Allowed
  Novelties: Legally Allowed
  Crackle and Strobe: Legally Allowed
  Parachutes: Legally Allowed
  Wheels and Spinners: Legally Allowed
  Sky Flyers: Legally Allowed
  Display Shells: Legally Allowed

Aerial Items (Cakes):

Are "display Shells" morters?

Legally Allowed

You can get some pretty good stuff in NH.

my great grandpa use to take me out and blow stumps with dynamite . good times fucking guy had to be in his 80s I remember him with his cane fast walking away to the side of the truck for cover just giggling away . then the don't tell your grandma lol like she could not here the explosions seeing as they were the only farm for 5 mi lol . ah she prob forgot about them by the time we got home lol

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I think the mark up is really high. Fuck Krazy Kaplan rents every single billboard on 294 from 95th street all the way to the Indiana border. And on i80 too. It's pretty comical. Fuck that Jew I will never buy fireworks from him. :lol:

Stupid margins,  the ones here net north of 100k in the 2 weeks around the fourth and next to nothing besides hopefully cover overhead the rest of the year.  there probably 10 shops in the next town south of me as the town pretty much embraced it when no one else would.  

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

They should ban the fucking thing.  People that shoot fireworks rank right up there, on the homo scale with the fags with tuned diesels rolling black smoke everywhere.

wut??? are you a fucking commie??? you want to ban all guns and other fun shit too???

• Gold Member
Just now, f7ben said:

wut??? are you a fucking commie??? you want to ban all guns and other fun shit too???

There are enough professional shows that last 1/2 hour or so which are great and entertaining but it the toothless inbred hicks that are out a week before and a week after putting up shells at midnight that truely is not inspiring and just a nuisance.   I take great joy know many people over the fourth holiday maim themselves and there families firing shitty little fireworks off thinking they are accomplishing something special.

Just now, BOHICA said:

There are enough professional shows that last 1/2 hour or so which are great and entertaining but it the toothless inbred hicks that are out a week before and a week after putting up shells at midnight that truely is not inspiring and just a nuisance.   I take great joy know many people over the fourth holiday maim themselves and there families firing shitty little fireworks off thinking they are accomplishing something special.

The people on our chain of lakes put on a great show and I like to contribute. The bigger consumer fireworks and very nice and well worth the $1000 or so we spend every year

• USA Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

They should ban the fucking thing.  People that shoot fireworks rank right up there, on the homo scale with the fags with tuned diesels rolling black smoke everywhere.

Walmart has 12 packs of tampons on sale this week.  I think the display case is right next to the seasonal fireworks sale.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Walmart has 12 packs of tampons on sale this week.  I think the display case is right next to the seasonal fireworks sale.   

lolz

I was buying from a guy that had a store front in Valpo IN. It was just east of the mall on RT 30 about 4 miles east of 65. You could buy 4" mortars from him and special order stuff. He is a retired Chicago cop as I recall,and gives cash discounts. PM me if you need more info? He is on the up and up and won't ship to a state with fag laws. You have to pick up the big stuff at his store front.

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

You may want to try getting laid,it could take the edge off?

10 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Nice setup Sheldon :bc:

Now what can I expect to pay on the street for 3" and 6" shells?

I wouldn't know, I buy legally through a licensed wholesaler,  I suggest you stick with sparklers.

19 hours ago, Edmo said:

My bud has a connection and gets mostly 2's and 2 1/2's. That plenty if you're just doing the neighborhood show.

You can buy 3" pretty much anywhere over here. Over that you need a connection. 

• 1 month later...