Best State to Buy Fireworks.

• USA Contributing Member

I'm not talking bottle rockets, I want the stuff where I have to dig a hole in the ground and set a tube in it.  I want mortars, I want to put the neighbors "display" to shame. 

When driving south it was a ritual to stop on the way home and fill the trunk.  Haven't driven south in a while, what states have the best toys?  I seem to remember Tennessee was the place to stop, take a leak, fill the car with gas, and spend a couple hundred bucks on gunpowder filled things.  What state allow what?

56 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

I'm not talking bottle rockets, I want the stuff where I have to dig a hole in the ground and set a tube in it.  I want mortars, I want to put the neighbors "display" to shame. 

When driving south it was a ritual to stop on the way home and fill the trunk.  Haven't driven south in a while, what states have the best toys?  I seem to remember Tennessee was the place to stop, take a leak, fill the car with gas, and spend a couple hundred bucks on gunpowder filled things.  What state allow what?

To get anything serious you have to buy Class B fireworks which requires a BATF license, we use to buy a couple of hundred 3" shells and 20-25 6" shells for the finale from a guy.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

in MN and WI you arent allowed any aerial displays at all ....just sparklers and bottlerockets 

? MN yes WI you can by mortars always have . I have been spending a 5 or 6 hundo over there a yr for ever . a guy on JD "fireworks" owns one of the border stores

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

? MN yes WI you can by mortars always have . I have been spending a 5 or 6 hundo over there a yr for ever . a guy on JD "fireworks" owns one of the border stores

Wisconsin was always a lower grade of display than ND or other states

37 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

To get anything serious you have to buy Class B fireworks which requires a BATF license, we use to buy a couple of hundred 3" shells and 20-25 6" shells for the finale from a guy.

No such thing as class B or class C anymore....they renamed and reclassified the fireworks some time ago. Now they have a statue name and are just considered "consumer" or "display" or some shit like that 

25 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No such thing as class B or class C anymore....they renamed and reclassified the fireworks some time ago. Now they have a statue name and are just considered "consumer" or "display" or some shit like that 

I guess it's called 1.3G now.

DO I NEED A LICENSE TO PURCHASE 1.3G (DISPLAY) FIREWORKS?

YES! In the United States of America, at a minimum, you must have a BATFE type 54, 55 or 60 permit to purchase ANY and ALL 1.3g items. This is in addition to any State and Local requirements for purchasing 1.3g items!

http://www.boomtownfireworks.com/service/licensing.aspx

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I guess it's called 1.3G now.

Yup , thats it.... 1.3G and 1.4G

I was searching around a while ago trying to figure out what license I needed for what I thought was like Class A or whatever bigger fireworks were called and I read that 

43 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I was searching around a while ago trying to figure out what license I needed for what I thought was like Class A or whatever bigger fireworks were called and I read that 

1.3  commercial grade fireworks and require aN ATF license, 1.4 are consumer grade but are still illegal in MN .

48 minutes ago, f7ben said:

1.3  commercial grade fireworks and require aNATF license, 1.4 are consumer grade but are still illegal in MN .

IMG_0522.JPGI'm licensed for 1.3 ,1.4 and am licensed in IL also ,

and no, I will not commit a felony by selling fireworks to,anyone.

Edited by Sleepr2

27 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

1.3  commercial grade fireworks and require aNATF license, 1.4 are consumer grade but are still illegal in MN .

IMG_0522.JPGI'm licensed for 1.3 ,1.4 and am licensed in IL also ,

and no, I will not commit a felony by selling fireworks to,anyone.

It's been 10 years or so since I bought 3" and 6" shells, what would be a good street price today for florals and aerial bombs in those sizes?

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Where are you at? I can get the good stuff real cheap here in Indianastan .....

Indianastan is the best place to buy fireworks...

8 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's been 10 years or so since I bought 3" and 6" shells, what would be a good street price today for florals and aerial bombs in those sizes?

That shit there is not to be fucked with ........they do a large show about a half mile from my place and these guys do it every year for a crowd of people in the 500-1000 range. Last year something went wrong and a guy lost an arm and his partner had part of his lower leg blown off.

Now a 2" mortar will kill your ass dead too but the margin of error is a little greater there

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Indianastan is the best place to buy fireworks...

Absolutely ......there is a place south of me about 8 miles. The guy is a truck driver and drives for the steel company I work for that gets a few semiloads wholesale every year. Their prices are good and they are real nice people. We bought from them last year and will again this year.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Absolutely ......there is a place south of me about 8 miles. The guy is a truck driver and drives for the steel company I work for that gets a few semiloads wholesale every year. Their prices are good and they are real nice people. We bought from them last year and will again this year.

Used to be a guy over by my house that sold fireworks out of the back of his parents antique store. He had the best stuff and the best prices. They sold the building a few years ago. He was a younger guy and he told me he was a union electrician but since he started selling fireworks he hasn't had to work anymore. 

Just now, Anler said:

Used to be a guy over by my house that sold fireworks out of the back of his parents antique store. He had the best stuff and the best prices. They sold the building a few years ago. He was a younger guy and he told me he was a union electrician but since he started selling fireworks he hasn't had to work anymore. 

there must be money in it ......but only for 2 weeks a year :lol: the guy that I bought from here blows up everything he doesnt sell the weekend after the 4th. You  can see that shit for miles and it lasts hours sometimes 

Just now, f7ben said:

there must be money in it ......but only for 2 weeks a year :lol: the guy that I bought from here blows up everything he doesnt sell the weekend after the 4th. You  can see that shit for miles and it lasts hours sometimes 

I think the mark up is really high. Fuck Krazy Kaplan rents every single billboard on 294 from 95th street all the way to the Indiana border. And on i80 too. It's pretty comical. Fuck that Jew I will never buy fireworks from him. :lol: