it's not the breed, part XXXIV

where I grew up...

LANCASTER, Pa. -- Two children are in the hospital after a dog attacked them on the 700 block of Lafayette Street in Lancaster.

Neighbors said they rushed out to help after the dog was attacking a 2-year-old girl and a 5-year-old boy.

Tom Grab, CEO of Ingrain Construction,  said, "It just happened to just try to get the dog off at all costs. So at that point I wasn't thinking."

Police said a 5-year-old pit bull terrier broke through a fence, got inside a minivan, and attacked the kids in their car seats.

One man said when he came out, he tried to help the children's mother pull the dog off the boy, who was on the ground.

Grab said, "Held it for like what felt like forever but it was like five seconds. It was raining, so it slipped right off. And then it got back on the kid again before the kid could even get up."

Witnesses said the boy was covered in blood.

Grab said, "I mean he didn't really have a face when he got up. It was gone."

http://fox43.com/2017/06/20/two-children-hospitalized-after-dog-attacked-them-in-lancaster/

Edited by Snoslinger

• Platinum Contributing Member

The American Staffordshire Terrier I had was one of the best dogs I have had to date. Kids loved him and he loved them. That's my personal experience 

Yup. Some people get rotties, pit bulls,whatever, for "obvious "reasons, others like us with our old rottie, get it as a companion, nothing more. Ours wouldn't hurt a fly. .although she hates other big dogs lol. Loves little dogs and cats 

imo dogs like pitbulls have a bad "switch". the switch can be controlled some of the time, but sometimes it cannot. most other dogs do not have even that switch. tell me "it's not the breed" 100 million times and I still don't believe it.