And the best sniper is the world is....

Just now, MiSledder said:

He has the longest shot record, but does that make him the best?

at that moment that he squeezed the trigger he was for sure ......there used to be a lot more to being a sniper though I'm afraid. 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

at that moment that he squeezed the trigger he was for sure ......there used to be a lot more to being a sniper though I'm afraid. 

Do tell...

23 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Do tell...

They used to have to actually go out on an active battlefield with ever changing conditions and conceal themselves for days etc etc .....now that we are fighting enemies that are essentially using sticks and stones these snipers just set up shop in low threat areas where they are protected and wait to pick off soft targets that pose no threat to them at all

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

They used to have to actually go out on an active battlefield with ever changing conditions and conceal themselves for days etc etc .....now that we are fighting enemies that are essentially using sticks and stones these snipers just set up shop in low threat areas where they are protected and wait to pick off soft targets that pose no threat to them at all

Im sure thats true sometimes...with today's technology....i dont think you ever safe.

17 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

JT, what do think about this?

I think its horse shit. I can see 26 miles to downtown detroit on my Boat on Lake St Clare in the summer I can also see 36 miles to down town from a place i play golf in Romeo michigan. 

A pictue was taken of a mountain range that was 273 miles away how is that possible? 

Just now, jtssrx said:

I think its horse shit. I can see 26 miles to downtown detroit on my Boat on Lake St Clare in the summer I can also see 36 miles to down town from a place i play golf in Romeo michigan. 

A pictue was taken of a mountain range that was 273 miles away how is that possible? 

Mountains are tall....

6 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Im sure thats true sometimes...with today's technology....i dont think you ever safe.

Well seeing as how we have all the tech and the people we have devoted all that tech to killing are basically just dumb wild game.......I'd say a guy on african safari has more chance of being harmed than a modern sniper in the ME 

Just now, f7ben said:

Well seeing as how we have all the tech and the people we have devoted all that tech to killing are basically just dumb wild game.......I'd say a guy on african safari has more chance of being harmed than a modern sniper in the ME 

I guess it depends on how involved a sniper wants to get dont you think....

2 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

I guess it depends on how involved a sniper wants to get dont you think....

Absolutely not ....do you think they are allowed to just head out and start taking kill shots? All their commands and even the ability to pull the trigger comes down from centcom or whatever faggot ass military bullshit is called. The marksmanship is likely better today than in years past....but the portion of being a sniper that was concealment and positioning and timing to get a high value target is gone when compared to the ME theatre. What are snipers do today is like groudhog hunting with the best gear and a complete support staff

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Absolutely not ....do you think they are allowed to just head out and start taking kill shots? All their commands and even the ability to pull the trigger comes down from centcom or whatever faggot ass military bullshit is called. The marksmanship is likely better today than in years past....but the portion of being a sniper that was concealment and positioning and timing to get a high value target is gone when compared to the ME theatre. What are snipers do today is like groudhog hunting with the best gear and a complete support staff

That may very well be true.

• Gold Member
34 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

So you can see it, good. Let assume for a moment that a person was able to throw a baseball 26miles distant. That person would not be able to aim for the point 26miles away, they would have to aim for where that point will be when the baseball travels 26 miles. It like shooting at a moving target, you don't for where it IS you aim for where it will be.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Not entirely true. It is true that sometimes you don't have to get too clever and can just canoe skulls like its whack-a-mole.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I have dead friends who were recon boys that would say otherwise. All your beliefs on the mission itself aside (because I won't argue you're wrong on that) the modern battlefield for a sniper poses much different issues. A lot of the time it is killing low tech morons from 500-1000 yds, and they have no idea you are there. Sometimes the mission dictates you go places and set up a hide site in some seriously austere shit that old crusty Vietnam RRD guys would give a proper nod to. The desert and mountains pose their own challenges. The urban areas even more. There is an enemy HUMINT (human intel) factor that you don't have in the jungle or during WWII where most people in the country side were your allies of whom you were liberating. 

And for the record, any light infantry, airborne, ranger, sf, etc recon/sniper homeboy is absolutely trained better and is more adept at concealment than at any time in history. We would have old dudes from back in the day out to watch us train. They were blown away at some of our skillzzzz. That and our dope ass tech and guns. Rocking M2010s shooting 300 win mag is a big jump from old Remington 700s shooting 7.62 with spray paint and copenhagen spit all over it. Well we still had cope spit on ours too I guess... 

17 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Not entirely true. It is true that sometimes you don't have to get too clever and can just canoe skulls like its whack-a-mole.

I have dead friends who were recon boys that would say otherwise. All your beliefs on the mission itself aside (because I won't argue you're wrong on that) the modern battlefield for a sniper poses much different issues. A lot of the time it is killing low tech morons from 500-1000 yds, and they have no idea you are there. Sometimes the mission dictates you go places and set up a hide site in some seriously austere shit that old crusty Vietnam RRD guys would give a proper nod to. The desert and mountains pose their own challenges. The urban areas even more. There is an enemy HUMINT (human intel) factor that you don't have in the jungle or during WWII where most people in the country side were your allies of whom you were liberating. 

And for the record, any light infantry, airborne, ranger, sf, etc recon/sniper homeboy is absolutely trained better and is more adept at concealment than at any time in history. We would have old dudes from back in the day out to watch us train. They were blown away at some of our skillzzzz. That and our dope ass tech and guns. Rocking M2010s shooting 300 win mag is a big jump from old Remington 700s shooting 7.62 with spray paint and copenhagen spit all over it. Well we still had cope spit on ours too I guess... 

Thanks for clarifying ....I was more or less talking out my ass from what I have seen outside the sandbox. No doubt the tech and training must be top notch. Also the urban  HUMINT is a factor for sure. I just think to the stories I've seen recounted on tv when if a sniper that had set up shop blew his shot or his position 1000 VC were gonna rain down on him and it doesnt seem like that type of thing exists anymore

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Thanks for clarifying ....I was more or less talking out my ass from what I have seen outside the sandbox. No doubt the tech and training must be top notch. Also the urban  HUMINT is a factor for sure. I just think to the stories I've seen recounted on tv when if a sniper that had set up shop blew his shot or his position 1000 VC were gonna rain down on him and it doesnt seem like that type of thing exists anymore

Yeah, but if you get blown, 30+ Taliban or ISIS faggot sticks will still jack your ass up if they come at you with some discipline. Well maybe 50+... Taliban fucking suck at fighting. 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I was going to say the exact thing but you were on a roll. :lol:

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Yeah, but if you get blown, 30+ Taliban or ISIS faggot sticks will still jack your ass up if they come at you with some discipline. Well maybe 50+... Taliban fucking suck at fighting. 

just call in the a-10 if you blow your shot :lol: 

1 minute ago, FAT DAVE said:

I was going to say the exact thing but you were on a roll. :lol:

I am very convincing when I get going !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111

• Like 2