#Blackgunsmatter

Amid the national fury over the death of Philando Castile at a traffic stop in July — a shooting made more horrific by his girlfriend’s Facebook Live broadcast of his final moments — some condemned the National Rifle Association’s near silence on the matter.

The organization had been quick to defend other gun owners who made national news. Castile had a valid permit for his firearm, reportedly told the officer about the gun to avoid a confrontation, and was fatally shot anyway after being told to hand over his license.

So some NRA members were furious when the organization released a tepid statement more than a day after the shooting that merely called it “troublesome” and promised that “the NRA will have more to say once all the facts are known.”

A year later, the investigation is over, and many more facts are known. Police recordings and court records confirmed initial reports that Castile had tried to defuse the situation, assuring the officer that he wasn’t reaching for his weapon.

On Friday, a jury acquitted the officer, Jeronimo Yanez, of manslaughter.

On Tuesday, video of the traffic stop was made public, showing Castile calmly telling the officer about his firearms — followed within seconds by the officer shooting him and cursing in what sounds like a panic.

So outrage is boiling again.

And still the NRA has nothing to say.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/06/18/some-gun-owners-are-disturbed-by-the-philando-castile-verdict-the-nra-is-silent/?utm_term=.65130cb639c3

• Gold Member

Ya its a shame that hispanic type race cop blasted that guy and got off.  The dash cam footage should have locked the cop up instead of freeing him.

But this isn't a gun rights issue that the NRA really needs address cause this incident hasn't regressed to the point of using this as a situation to take guns away.  This would be a matter for the family and civil court, BLM, Obama's to address.

The guy was shot because he was black.....  Not because he was a legal gun owners.  Having NRA step in would be a disgrace to the family and African Americans and their cause.

Edited by BOHICA

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

All blacks should own guns.  

The origins of gun control were attempts to keep guns away from black people.

12 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Ya its a shame that hispanic cop blasted that guy and got off.  The dash cam footage should have locked the cop up instead of freeing him.

But this isn't a gun rights issue that the NRA really needs address cause this incident hasn't regressed to the point of using this as a situation to take guns away.  This would be a matter for the family and civil court and the police department and the officer pulling the trigger need to be held financially responsible.

The guy was shot because he was black.....  Not because he was a legal gun owners.  Having NRA step in would be a disgrace to the family and African Americans and there cause.

Fair enough, they didn't really step up for Jack Yantis either and he was white. I honestly wasn't expecting anyone on here to believe he got shot because he was black.

15 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

The origins of gun control were attempts to keep guns away from black people.

Fair enough, they didn't really step up for Jack Yantis either and he was white. I honestly wasn't expecting anyone on here to believe he got shot because he was black.

did you watch the video? IMHO the cop was acting pretty normal then freaked out genuinely scared . . young cop with bad training  I think he really felt at risk .

Just now, Wildboer said:

The White devil. Duhhhh

Oh, my bad.  I thought "they" meant in addition to the white devil.  Yeah, whitey fucks everything up.  What ever happened to the Black panthers anyway.  Ahhh....flew to close to the sun on the wings of pastrami.  

Solidarity thwarted from within.....again.

IMG_2058.JPG

18 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

did you watch the video? IMHO the cop was acting pretty normal then freaked out genuinely scared . . young cop with bad training  I think he really felt at risk .

He was pretty clearly trained to fear black men if you ask me. I've shuffled around under my seat for a PBA card, pulled a vape out of a hidden compartment without being asked to prove I wasn't smoking weed, and probably a handful of other things that would've caused this guy to shoot Castille and no cop has ever been remotely afraid. They don't even know I'm a pussy bleeding heart liberal, they just see a 6'2" 250lbs dude. I don't think I could get a cop to shoot me until I pointed a gun directly at them.

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Oh, my bad.  I thought "they" meant in addition to the white devil.  Yeah, whitey fucks everything up.  What ever happened to the Black panthers anyway.  Ahhh....flew to close to the sun on the wings of pastrami.  

Solidarity thwarted from within.....again.

IMG_2058.JPG

Specifically it was California Republicans in the early 60's. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulford_Act

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Young cop should be held accountable.  A badge doesn't give the cop a right to shoot someone cause they are scared.  If a dude that is black or white tells the officer he has a gun chances are that individual is not going to use it.  The person that is going to use it is the one that isn't going to tell the officer about the gun.....  The guy telling the officer that he has a firearm appears to have the utmost respect.  Him telling the officer about a firearm should have made the officer relax if anything.

Watch at 1 minute mark for about 30 seconds.....  The black dude had the utmost respect for the officer and was doing the right thing and got killed cause he was black.

See I read the same article that the OP posted at democraticunderground and the posters over there as well wanted to make this about the lack of response from the NRA....  Its kind of shitting on Castile as he didn't die cause of the NRA and their stances on gun rights....  The guy died because he was black and the police officer fucking put a bunch of rounds in the dude for no reason other then being black.  Castile did everything right.....  Told the officer about the gun and almost immediately reached for his own.  The officers response should have been "where is your firearm sir"  If he got scared the cop should have backed off and called for the guy to exit the car from the cover of his car and get on the ground rather then blowing him away.

Edited by BOHICA

he said don't reach for it then  dont pull it out then again don't pull it out then started shooting  . so was the guy just grabbing his ID yeah prob not . did cop over react yes but were you there as a guy was reaching for a gun ? obviously the jury thought it was justified

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

he said don't reach for it then  dont pull it out then again don't pull it out then started shooting  . so was the guy just grabbing his ID yeah prob not . did cop over react yes but were you there as a guy was reaching for a gun ? obviously the jury thought it was justified

Telling the officer about the firearm is the utmost respect and the right thing to do.  If the guy was going to shoot the officer he wouldnt have told him about the gun.  A white guy wouldn't have been blasted in the same situation.  

28 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Young cop should be held accountable.  A badge doesn't give the cop a right to shoot someone cause they are scared.  If a dude that is black or white tells the officer he has a gun chances are that individual is not going to use it.  The person that is going to use it is the one that isn't going to tell the officer about the gun.....  The guy telling the officer that he has a firearm appears to have the utmost respect.  Him telling the officer about a firearm should have made the officer relax if anything.

Watch at 1 minute mark for about 30 seconds.....  The black dude had the utmost respect for the officer and was doing the right thing and got killed cause he was black.

See I read the same article that the OP posted at democraticunderground and the posters over there as well wanted to make this about the lack of response from the NRA....  Its kind of shitting on Castile as he didn't die cause of the NRA and their stances on gun rights....  The guy died because he was black and the police officer fucking put a bunch of rounds in the dude for no reason other then being black.  Castile did everything right.....  Told the officer about the gun and almost immediately reached for his own.  The officers response should have been "where is your firearm sir"  If he got scared the cop should have backed off and called for the guy to exit the car from the cover of his car and get on the ground rather then blowing him away.

Holy fuck, that was just fuckin brutal and uncalled for.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Holy fuck, that was just fuckin brutal and uncalled for.

Cop and white guy.   White guy....  "Hey you fucking pig, I have a gun on me"

Officer.....  "cool bro, what kind and caliber.

White guy......  "a 45"

Cop......  "Awesome,  Get those taillights fixed and have a nice day"

This cop and this black guy with a women and a baby in the car

Black guy.   "Excuse me sir but I feel I should let you know I have a firearm in the car with me."

Cop.......   pew pew pew pew.  "I told you not to pull it out"

Black guy......  "gurgle gurgle gurgle"  

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Philando Castille had been pulled over without incident 49 times prior to this stop. He was going through the motions of alerting the officer and retrieving his ID like he did every other time he got pulled over for a DWB... Except this time a racist idiot killed him for no reason. End of story.

yes the Mexican shot him . the jury thought diff than you the jury that spent the whole week listening to actual evidence. and let me tell you this Ramsey county  is not a place that is real  ez to find a right wing jury. believe me I lived in Ramsey county  for a long time. if this was is western Hennepin I may agree but not where this trial was

also your bullshit DWB statement is total shit if that was the case in St Anthony every other car or more would be pulled over o deff more prob 8 out of 10 cars would be pulled over for DWB. don't like getting pulled over 49 times fix your car

Edited by Ez ryder

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yes the Mexican shot him . the jury thought diff than you the jury that spent the whole week listening to actual evidence. and let me tell you this Ramsey county  is not a place that is real  ez to find a right wing jury. believe me I lived in Ramsey county  for a long time. if this was is western Hennepin I may agree but not where this trial was

Why does the fact that the officer was Hispanic keep coming up? It didn't give Zimmerman a pass and it isn't giving this fuck a pass either. They're both racist murderers who got off. 

listen I hate cops I have spent many of nights in the steel cage because of my total disrespect of them . but you were not in his shoes I see the video I can hear him saying don't reach for it don't grab it 3 times before shooting . a black man or frankly anyone who grew up in the city knows you keep your hands on the wheel until told to do diff unless you want problems especially some one who has dealt with cops 49 times in the past     

The cop should be sitting in jail for this .....anything less is complete garbage. I hope this pig gets what he has coming....you dont get to murder someone and not pay the price

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

The cop should be sitting in jail for this .....anything less is complete garbage. I hope this pig gets what he has coming....you dont get to murder someone and not pay the price

12 disagree with you  

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

12 disagree with you  

And I'd love to slit the throat of every single one of them ....because they are pieces of fucking garbage