So You Wanna Get Into The House Rental Biz Eh.......

14 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

lol cash in hand . my first own rental property was a triplex that a slum lord I would do work for owed me money and did not want to pay actual money so he held the paper and used money he owed me as the down.

I was a shit hole in a shit hole part of town . any one from MN knows the area late 80s 2 blocks behind Chicago lake liquors lol . I rented to straight crack dealers they paid cash  for the whole place . it was not like the property's on the other side were not the same shit lol. it got raided 3 times and the 2nd time the cops did not find all the crack but I did $$$ that was the down for my next property.

crazy thing was the guy I rented to got out of prison like 5 yrs after renting from me . he called me and asked if I was still working one houses .

he bought a apartment building in North . put in his girls name .

So much for the rental application.  Lil.

14 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

now you will have to be sifting through your shit for worms lol . no really I know a guy who got worms and he swears it was from spending time in a place like that .

sweet dreams

I was in there for 5 minutes or so.. :lol:

yeah I get it hell I hardly had a stable place to live at that point let alone worry about credit applications in the straight up hood . picture the shit of the shit part of town you can imagine that was it  

11 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yeah I get it hell I hardly had a stable place to live at that point let alone worry about credit applications in the straight up hood . picture the shit of the shit part of town you can imagine that was it  

:bc:

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

:bc:

bums me out they now call that shit uptown and it is worth big $$ I dumped it for like 25g and had to give old Fergus 20 of it lol . now a 5 story apartment with retail on ground level occupies that block . gentrification

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

lots of old people are that way I have seen it many times . my own mother-in-law had dear tracks through her house and cabin . she just kept ordering from QVC everything they sell she has 4 . no shit . I was over there again tonight . I pulled out 3 dyson fans 2 in the box and 4 electric fireplaces and 3 newcountertop convection ovens and 1 used one . every one I know gets a new oven for the toy hauler this week .not sure what they are put like 5 air fryers ? have to read the book . this has been going on for weeks .

she must have had some sort of recurring frozen food deliveries because the deep freeze and side by side are full of shit like Omaha steaks and burgers and chicken fucking crazy.

also her whole life in to high end jewelry and hand bags . lets just say from hand bags alone we can pay a year of memory care  

My grandpa hit the auction circuit instead.  :lol:

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

bums me out they now call that shit uptown and it is worth big $$ I dumped it for like 25g and had to give old Fergus 20 of it lol . now a 5 story apartment with retail on ground level occupies that block . gentrification

If you still owned it, you'd be Popeye's adjacent.  

Just now, racinfarmer said:

My grandpa hit the auction circuit instead.  :lol:

my great grandpa never tossed anything . the auction at his farm when I was a kid was 2 days . people had campers set up in the potato fields  lol

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

my great grandpa never tossed anything . the auction at his farm when I was a kid was 2 days . people had campers set up in the potato fields  lol

I remember he was so mad when he bought his mis-matched pick-up topper because he was the only bid at $5.  Another guy he knew that didn't even have a pickup started bidding on it and it cost him $25 instead.

And he loved to watch anvils sell.  Not buy, just watch.  Get a bunch old codgers together and throw an anvil up for bibs.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

If you still owned it, you'd be Popeye's adjacent.  

popeyes is closer to the bridge . fuck I will not eat up town lower town down town no lace around Minneapolis I have seen way to many of the rats I physically can not do it .

like 3 yrs ago we had many many truck loads of lime stone sand umped under a apartment 2 blocks off lake and Hennepin 31st and Girard so yeah high buck real-estate.

well we had to have 2 guys walking around grabbing or knocking out the rats coming out suffocating from the line stone dust for like 10 hours .

when the city gassed the sewers like 5 yrs ago around there you could see the billowing holes in the boulevards from all the rat holes   

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

lots of old people are that way I have seen it many times . my own mother-in-law had dear tracks through her house and cabin . she just kept ordering from QVC everything they sell she has 4 . no shit . I was over there again tonight . I pulled out 3 dyson fans 2 in the box and 4 electric fireplaces and 3 newcountertop convection ovens and 1 used one . every one I know gets a new oven for the toy hauler this week .not sure what they are put like 5 air fryers ? have to read the book . this has been going on for weeks .

she must have had some sort of recurring frozen food deliveries because the deep freeze and side by side are full of shit like Omaha steaks and burgers and chicken fucking crazy.

also her whole life in to high end jewelry and hand bags . lets just say from hand bags alone we can pay a year of memory care  

My wife has an uncle like that (actually he is dead now) but he always ordered 3 of everything. And never used any of them. When he dies we were all smacking our chops thinking the aunt would be selling off all of this stuff that is still new and in the boxes but she kept it all. Dont know wtf she is thinking, she is in her late 70's and really needs to think about downsizing. 

12 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

no 12 mo .but I have been at this shit for 40 yrs and have seen and delt with enough shit to take the time to take a day every 3 mo to go over every property I own and manage . I go in under the pretense of mechanical inspections . but mostly looking for people fucking up a property .

I know if you are dealing with section 8 and not doing inspections it is costing you way more than a day pay every 3 mo

It's done under the pretense of mechanical inspections here too.  It's written right into the lease.  

3 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

House rental is crazy sometimes.

Up here you now have to pay people to leave if you want them to go.

As well if they unplug the smoke alarm and your house goes up after, insurance doesn't have to pay.

Its fucked.

some lib strong  hold  Citys   in minnesota have Been pushing same shit. i know Many land lourds who have Been dumpidumping property in those Towns 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

some lib strong  hold  Citys   in minnesota have Been pushing same shit. i know Many land lourds who have Been dumpidumping property in those Towns 

Is there something wrong with your keyboard?  Serious question.  

36 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

its always what happens when govt gets involved

Rental is a bad game here too. You have to be ultra careful who you let in. We had a welfare class govt for almost 20 years and they made it almost impossible to boot them. And the problem with a welfare class govt, they breed welfare class people, and that's who you get wanting to rent. Fuck that