2011 Polaris 800 assault

2011's had very thin cylinder skirts and were prone to cracking. Fuel map is a lot richer than 13 and up. While it may be better than the CFI 4 it was the first year CFI 2 800. My son had one,,,we got rid of it.

4 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Just found a 2012 800 Back country X for same cash...................

I'm a Poo guy and I would go with the etec over the 11 poo. Just my 2 cents canadian

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

thanks guys. after research and your opinions I will hopefully be going the back country

Since you 'used to ski doo' it seems like it fits :bc:

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2017 at 7:49 PM, Usedtoskidoo said:

Found one with low miles. And in great shape for my son. 

Are these Ok? Anyone?

no do not do it unless it has a new motor . the 11 800 was about the worst one they built lots of updates to the 12 then to the 13 then again to the 14 

14 is about as late as I would buy and that would have to be a mid season build not a snow check 

15 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

yup.

Sometimes these little "quirks of fear" that circulate among sledders makes for some really good deals out there.  I stole my 13 Cat with 300 miles on it probably due to clutching/belt fears (and him being in Iowa).  Who cares?  I put all new Team clutching in it that I wanted anyway.  Still way ahead! And now  Bulletproof!  Except me somehow frying the VR and ECM during one of my tear down upgrade processes. :wall::lmao:

I forget that a lot of people don't know shit about wrenching on anything much less power sports shit.  Popping some new pistons in is nothing if you have even a small incling of mechanical ability.

Ever ride with somebody that doesn't know how to change their own belt? :lol:

Or change a fucking fuse or fucking lightbulb for that matter. Morons.

41 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Sometimes these little "quirks of fear" that circulate among sledders makes for some really good deals out there.  I stole my 13 Cat with 300 miles on it probably due to clutching/belt fears (and him being in Iowa).  Who cares?  I put all new Team clutching in it that I wanted anyway.  Still way ahead! And now  Bulletproof!  Except me somehow frying the VR and ECM during one of my tear down upgrade processes. :wall::lmao:

I forget that a lot of people don't know shit about wrenching on anything much less power sports shit.  Popping some new pistons in is nothing if you have even a small incling of mechanical ability.

Ever ride with somebody that doesn't know how to change their own belt? :lol:

Or change a fucking fuse or fucking lightbulb for that matter. Morons.

I bet the guy who can't replace a belt would never do that.:lol:

Edited by ArcticCrusher