jackOssoff (d) Georgia special election loss shows the dem party could use a substanive agenda

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, snoughnut said:

.....it never gets old :lol:

If your ever feeling down pull up this video.   It will cheer you up in about 10 seconds if not quicker. :lol:  

1 minute ago, JEFF said:

Highmark melting snowflakes by the truckload. :bc:

I'm afraid he has run them all off.  This place will get pretty boring without the snowflakes.  MC doesn't count because picking on the handicapped is bad karma.  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   Then why was the DNC and every news organization on the planet been calling it a referendum on Trump?

Georgia special election a referendum on Trump - Chicago Tribune

www.chicagotribune.com/news/.../ct-georgia-special-election-20170619-story.html
3 days ago - Democratic candidate Jon Ossoff greets people during a visit to a campaign office to thank volunteers and supporters as he runs for Georgia's 6th Congressional District on June 19, 2017 in Sandy Springs, Georgia. ... President Donald Trump faces a high-stakes political test on Tuesday ...

High-Stakes Referendum on Trump Takes Shape in a Georgia Special ...

4 days ago - The two Trump cabinet secretaries, both Georgia Republicans, had unwittingly revealed the twin hurdles standing in Ms. Handel's path heading ...

Gingrich: Democrats said Georgia was a referendum on Trump. They ...

www.foxnews.com/.../gingrich-democrats-said-georgia-was-referendum-on-trump-re-ri...
1 day ago - Ever since Donald Trump won the presidency, liberals have comforted themselves by saying it was all a mistake. They assume he is foolish, ...

Georgia special election results primed as Trump referendum ...

www.businessinsider.com/georgia-6th-district-special-election-results-ossoff-handel-tr...
2 days ago - 'Democrats are angry': All eyes are on Georgia as the first major referendum on Trump'spresidency draws to a close. Sonam Sheth. Jun.

Republican Karen Handel defeats Democrat Jon Ossoff in Georgia's ...

1 day ago - Republican Karen Handel wins House race in Georgia. Embed. Copy .... “He also backed off the whole model of a referendum on Trump.

'Snarkily' Called Georgia Race a 'Referendum' on Trump - Free Beacon

freebeacon.com/politics/conway-snarkily-georgia-race-referendum-trump/
1 day ago - White House counselor Kellyanne Conway spiked the football Tuesday over a Republican victory in the Georgia sixth district special election.

Democrats Wanted the Georgia Congressional Race to Be a ...

freebeacon.com/.../democrats-wanted-the-georgia-congressional-race-to-be-a-referen...
10 hours ago - ... upset victory in the Georgia sixth congressional district considered the race a “referendum” on the turbulent presidency of Donald Trump.

GA Election Called 'Referendum' On Trump -- But Dems Already 0-2 ...

www.dailywire.com/.../ga-election-said-be-referendum-trump-dems-already-joseph-c...
2 days ago - "High-Stakes Referendum on Trump Takes Shape in a Georgia Special Election," says the New York Times. "Trump's agenda on the line in a ...

Georgia's Special Election: A Referendum on Trump

www.wsj.com/.../georgia...referendum-on-trump/EB87F058-24A3-4F1F-9D64-0CE9A...
6 days ago - As Georgia's sixth district residents cast votes in a special election, President Trump looms over their decision at the ballot box. WSJ's Shelby ...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

It wasn't, but let's pretend for a minute it was.

5 months in to Donnie Moscow's reign, the Republicans have lost 16% of the support had in that district. 

The Republicans are celebrating publicly over this, but behind closed doors I can guarantee you they are not and questions are being asked.  Wait until they throw 20+ million people off health care...

:lol:

1 minute ago, ICEMAN! said:

5 months in to Donnie Moscow's reign, the Republicans have lost 16% of the support had in that district. 

The Republicans are celebrating publicly over this, but behind closed doors I can guarantee you they are not and questions are being asked.  Wait until they throw 20+ million people off health care...

Did you read through any of the other threads posted about this loss in Georgia?  You know, the Michael Moor thread, The NYT thread, The WaPo thread, the Pelosi thread, etc, etc?  You know, the threads where all those left leaning people/entities said this was a big loss for the dems and they need a new message.

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

According to what figures?   Trump only won by 1%, she won by 4%.  

As for the HC numbers they are laughable as well.   The CBO is about the least accurate "watchdog" organization their is.   Off course they will push ANY program that makes govt larger.   I equate them to the MMCC scientists.   If there isn't MMCC or a govt program to evaluate then they don't exist.  

23 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Not being forced to buy a plan you don't want is not losing or being thrown off you stupid know nothing CUNT :finger2: Fuck you leftards are morons

59 minutes ago, Highmark said:

According to what figures?   Trump only won by 1%, she won by 4%.  

As for the HC numbers they are laughable as well.   The CBO is about the least accurate "watchdog" organization their is.   Off course they will push ANY program that makes govt larger.   I equate them to the MMCC scientists.   If there isn't MMCC or a govt program to evaluate then they don't exist.  

According to what Price won the district by in 2016.

Trump won by 1%

Price won it by 20%

This wasn't a Presidential election so don't compare it to one.

20 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

According to what Price won the district by in 2016.

Trump won by 1%

Price won it by 20%

This wasn't a Presidential election so don't compare it to one.

So why would we compare 2 different races with 4 different candidates?

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So why would we compare 2 different races with 4 different candidates?

Because it's the only thing that you can compare.

Same district, same race, 2 different candidates, 6 months later.

It's how these districts are compared from election to election all over the country.  Are you fucking new or something?  What kind of a question was that?  Seriously?

1 minute ago, ICEMAN! said:

Because it's the only thing that you can compare.

Same district, same race, 2 different candidates, 6 months later.

It's how these districts are compared from election to election all over the country.  Are you fucking new or something?  What kind of a question was that?  Seriously?

So the quality of candidates and money spent has nothing to do with it? :lol:  ARe you now claiming it was a referendum on Trump because it was so close?  

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So the quality of candidates and money spent has nothing to do with it? :lol:  ARe you now claiming it was a referendum on Trump because it was so close?  

Of course those things mater to an extent as well but all the money in the world is not going to change a die hard Republican's mind.  

Handel was know and had experience, Ossoff was not, advantage Handel.

I don't think it was a referendum on Trump and said so, but I played along with your game and said that I can guarantee behind closed doors, they are worried about the result.  She should have blown him out of the water.  

Why didn't she?

:dontknow:

4 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Of course those things mater to an extent as well but all the money in the world is not going to change a die hard Republican's mind.  

Handel was know and had experience, Ossoff was not, advantage Handel.

I don't think it was a referendum on Trump and said so, but I played along with your game and said that I can guarantee behind closed doors, they are worried about the result.  She should have blown him out of the water.  

Why didn't she?

:dontknow:

You can guarantee?   Really what else can you guarantee for us?  Did you guarantee a Hillary victory? :lol:  

Simple.   The dems spent $31 million dollars.   What did they spend in 2016?   Probably nothing because they knew they didn't have a chance.  They loaded this up so they could play a narrative.   They spent almost $250 a vote this time around.  Quit looking at things thru such narrow lenses.  

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You can guarantee?   Really what else can you guarantee for us?  Did you guarantee a Hillary victory? :lol:  

Why didn't she clean his clock and post up a win with a 20% margin?

:pc:

4 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Why didn't she clean his clock and post up a win with a 20% margin?

:pc:

See my edit.  Its not even coming up in the list in 2016.  Dude open your eyes.  The dems made this a referendum vote, spent $31 million and still lost by 4 points.   They didn't spend shit last fall in this district.  

https://www.opensecrets.org/outsidespending/summ.php?cycle=2016&disp=R&pty=A&type=H

Edited by Highmark

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

See my edit.  Its not even coming up in the list in 2016.  Dude open your eyes.  The dems made this a referendum vote, spent $31 million and still lost by 4 points.   They didn't spend shit last fall in this district.  

https://www.opensecrets.org/outsidespending/summ.php?cycle=2016&disp=R&pty=A&type=H

What's not coming up in what list?

My point stands.  This was a bad result for the Dems, but more so for the Republicans.  It was their seat to lose as they've held it for 40 fucking years!  They barely held it.  Why is that?

5 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

What's not coming up in what list?

My point stands.  This was a bad result for the Dems, but more so for the Republicans.  It was their seat to lose as they've held it for 40 fucking years!  They barely held it.  Why is that?

The spending by the dems in the 6th district last fall.  The result isn't comparable because of the vast differences in the entire race.   

1. Special Election v. Normal

2. Spending.

3. Different Candidates.

4. Media focus and attention.   I highly doubt the 6th district race was national news in Nov and we all know who the MSM was pushing.   

I really don't think either side can look at this as a comparison to anything.  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The spending by the dems in the 6th district last fall.  The result isn't comparable because of the vast differences in the entire race.   

1. Special Election v. Normal

2. Spending.

3. Different Candidates.

4. Media focus and attention.   I highly doubt the 6th district race was national news in Nov and we all know who the MSM was pushing.   

I really don't think either side can look at this as a comparison to anything.  

"I really don't think either side can look at this as a comparison to anything."

That's pretty much what I said in my first post in this thread...

:lmao:

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

"I really don't think either side can look at this as a comparison to anything."

That's pretty much what I said in my first post in this thread...

:lmao:

Actually I am wrong on that considering what attention this got from the MSM and the money spent by the dems.   While not a huge win it definitely is better for the GOP than it is the dems.   

On 6/21/2017 at 6:59 AM, ICEMAN! said:

4%

:clueless:

1st

On 6/21/2017 at 7:09 AM, ICEMAN! said:

That was my first post on this subject, and I really don't care.  I think the fact that the district was even in play is the story because based on the last 40 years, it should not have been.  Another (South Carolina?) was much closer than anyone anticipated as well.  Does any of this mean anything in regards to 2018?  Maybe, maybe not.  There's a lot of time for Trump to get his shot together between now and then, and there's a lot of time for shit to go sideways for him between now and then as well, so who knows.  If he keeps on the path he is on though, look out.

2nd. :lol: