Cordless Weed Eaters???

Just now, ckf said:

I'm getting tired of dealing with gas powered weed eaters. For the little bit that I need one I'm thinking of getting a cordless trimmer. Anyone here use one?

Buy a good one with two good batteries, they eat up batteries fast I find :news: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

I'm getting tired of dealing with gas powered weed eaters. For the little bit that I need one I'm thinking of getting a cordless trimmer. Anyone here use one?

Buddy of mine just has a little to do so he got one of those TV advertisement dealys...the WORX I think.  Says it works well. :dunno:  

• Like 1

Here is the one I bought 3 years ago. The most I have run it was an hour and it never quit. They offer a blower without a battery so you can use the one in the trimmer. The blower seemed pretty powerful in the store. Zero problems. I just mounted the charger in the shed and after use slide the battery in so its always charged.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-15-in-56-Volt-Lithium-ion-Electric-Cordless-Brushless-String-Trimmer-Split-Shaft-w-2-0Ah-Battery-and-Charger-Included-ST1501-S/205678261

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
33 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I've been helping my 83 year old FI around the house a lot lately. He has a 18v Ryobi weed wacker , that I'm very impressed with.

Yep same here and it's been good to us too.  No complaints so far

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Here is the one I bought 3 years ago. The most I have run it was an hour and it never quit. They offer a blower without a battery so you can use the one in the trimmer. The blower seemed pretty powerful in the store. Zero problems. I just mounted the charger in the shed and after use slide the battery in so its always charged.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-15-in-56-Volt-Lithium-ion-Electric-Cordless-Brushless-String-Trimmer-Split-Shaft-w-2-0Ah-Battery-and-Charger-Included-ST1501-S/205678261

Just bought the same thing 2 weeks ago works really great, bought the blower too, it blows almost as hard as momo sucks I imagine.

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Just bought the same thing 2 weeks ago works really great, bought the blower too, it blows almost as hard as momo sucks I imagine.

Cock sucking fudge packing faggot much :hay:

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I have a 60volt DeWalt, also have 5 gas powered trimmers, the 60volt works better, depending on the speed it's run at the battery can go several hours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

When the gas Stihl goes tits up I will get the blower. Fuck gas/oil.

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I will take a blower...lol

How do the mowers work? My sisters gas pusher is dying and she asked me what cordless to by.

My neighbour has the Husqvarna Robotic Auto Mower. Set it and let it go.

http://www.husqvarna.com/ca-en/products/robotic-lawn-mowers/?gclid=CMvPl7SMzdQCFYW4wAodZtgJjQ

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Mainecat said:

I will take a blower...lol

How do the mowers work? My sisters gas pusher is dying and she asked me what cordless to by.

The mower is awesome. The quality of cut is great. Mower will run for 45-1hr depending on conditions.. I have stuffed it in grass well over a foot tall and it just keeps going.. We have all the mowers, 21" push, 21" self propelled, and 20" steel deck models in push and SP.. 

a dealer gets better batteries than the Home depot is supplied with.... 

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

The mower is awesome. The quality of cut is great. Mower will run for 45-1hr depending on conditions.. I have stuffed it in grass well over a foot tall and it just keeps going.. We have all the mowers, 21" push, 21" self propelled, and 20" steel deck models in push and SP.. 

a dealer gets better batteries than the Home depot is supplied with.... 

good to know about the batteries...thanks

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

When the gas Stihl goes tits up I will get the blower. Fuck gas/oil.

The blower works awesome, going to sell my Stihl  trimmer and roto tiller too.

Ive had a couple different kinds...all garbage after a yr....and most of the time couldnt do whole property even with 2 batteries....

Back to using my stihl after wasting a chunk of money on cordless ones.

4 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Ive had a couple different kinds...all garbage after a yr....and most of the time couldnt do whole property even with 2 batteries....

I don't even go though a gallon of gas a year with my current trimmer.  I was thinking about something like this so I could use the One+ batteries that I already have.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-ONE-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Cordless-String-Trimmer-4-0-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-Included-P2090/300339420

11 minutes ago, ckf said:

I don't even go though a gallon of gas a year with my current trimmer.  I was thinking about something like this so I could use the One+ batteries that I already have.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-ONE-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Cordless-String-Trimmer-4-0-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-Included-P2090/300339420

The DeWalt 60 volt is 9ah.

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yup thats that the last kind i had...i have the garage door opener and a bunch of other ryobi ONE cordless tools all have been great....not the trimmer. :wall:

1 hour ago, FAT DAVE said:

Sounds like you need to hire a Mexican to teach you how to use your landscaping tools.

• Like 1