Class V?

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I can see all of that and you're probably right on the shit that's flung at you.  I think that if you were a little more moderate or right leaning you wouldn't get shit on from most around here.  On the other hand if some of them were more moderate or left leaning you would go easy on them.  

With all that said, I've read this and most of the other "kayak" threads for the last few weeks.  I got the feeling from the very beginning that you knew what you're talking about.  I read along for the humor but seldom posted anything one way or the other.  You seemed to be holding your own so I never saw a need to jump in.  I've rafted a half dozen different Class 4 and 5 rivers here in Alaska, always with guides.  I have gone on maybe 10 guided rafting trips total.  I always thought the guides over estimated the class of the water at the time.  We always had fun but were never scared to be in the raft.  Never have been even close to tossed out of a raft.  I would never kayak on most of the rivers I have rafted. It's an experience thing for me.  I don't like being too far out of my comfort zone.  

From everything you've posted I think you're a very experienced boater.  Obviously you can post whatever you want here but I don't really think it's necessary to go tit for tat with everyone that flings you a little shit.  JMO of course.  

Thanks for responding by the way. :bc:  

In the vein of fairness, I agree with you 100%. This is one of those things where I stir up some shit. 

I take the opportunity to do it about something I know a little about. :lol:

Yes, he obviously knows something. But bringing Trump into it guarantees excitement. :bc:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

I don't know if you've noticed but Arctic has posted on both runaway whitewater threads than Snowrider. Arctic has not even pretended to have whitewater experience yet no one call him out about his comments.  More Republican false equivalency perhaps.  

You see it in more than just them believing that Donald Trump is more honest than Hillary despite the stats.

You see it in other places. I've never seen any Trump supporter on this board say something good about Warren Buffet.

They've got a huge hate on because he is a Capitalist with a social conscience. 

But really he's everything you wish Trump was. He is all the values that they pretend to believe in.

Self made Billionaire, undeniably successful.

No hand outs.

No divorce, no sex scandals or rape accusations.

He's not leaving his billions to his kids. 

He's bought companies, laid off huge amount of employees, done some tax avoidance moves that Republicans love.

Because he thinks it's ok to tax the rich and because he supports Hillary Republicans on here hate him.

Every excuse you make for Donald Trump being rich and therefore a target of lawsuits, fall flat when you see how much more successful he is than Trump.

Nice long winded bunch of nothing to white night coach. Warren buffet and trump comparison....:whatever:....FYI this is a Rightie. that likes buffett. Coach running his trap about things he's clueless about is an everyday thing.  

2 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

I don't know if you've noticed but Arctic has posted on both runaway whitewater threads than Snowrider. Arctic has not even pretended to have whitewater experience yet no one call him out about his comments.  More Republican false equivalency perhaps.  

You see it in more than just them believing that Donald Trump is more honest than Hillary despite the stats.

You see it in other places. I've never seen any Trump supporter on this board say something good about Warren Buffet.

They've got a huge hate on because he is a Capitalist with a social conscience. 

But really he's everything you wish Trump was. He is all the values that they pretend to believe in.

Self made Billionaire, undeniably successful.

No hand outs.

No divorce, no sex scandals or rape accusations.

He's not leaving his billions to his kids. 

He's bought companies, laid off huge amount of employees, done some tax avoidance moves that Republicans love.

Because he thinks it's ok to tax the rich and because he supports Hillary Republicans on here hate him.

Every excuse you make for Donald Trump being rich and therefore a target of lawsuits, fall flat when you see how much more successful he is than Trump.

Dude, i could really give a shit but you need to seriously take a downer.  There are many things people really enjoy and they may be quite different than your top ten list.

I never claimed to be a ww guru or put it on my top 50 list and thats ok.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ckf said:

I lived on a lake most of my life until we moved here 3 and a half years ago. The Party Barge was my all time favorite boat :bc:

Well its ok for taking a larger group out.  Most would compain when we used to take them out on our jet boat as the ride was just to rough for them.  Everyone has there own level of fun and most dont enjoy getting tossed around like excess baggage.  Thats why we have the slow poke mom boat and the 300+ hp jet skis with scom.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ckf said:

I lived on a lake most of my life until we moved here 3 and a half years ago. The Party Barge was my all time favorite boat :bc:

This is my third summer with a pontoon boat.we bought bigger one this year and like it a lot. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

This is my third summer with a pontoon boat.we bought bigger one this year and like it a lot. 

But, but, but RevDork says . . . 

My son has a bunch of friends wanting to come up to the cottage and he surprised me when he told me they wanted to drive the pontoon.  Of course that is secondary to the skis and quads, but there is no mention of the forgotton kayaks.

3 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

I can see all of that and you're probably right on the shit that's flung at you.  I think that if you were a little more moderate or right leaning you wouldn't get shit on from most around here.  On the other hand if some of them were more moderate or left leaning you would go easy on them.  

With all that said, I've read this and most of the other "kayak" threads for the last few weeks.  I got the feeling from the very beginning that you knew what you're talking about.  I read along for the humor but seldom posted anything one way or the other.  You seemed to be holding your own so I never saw a need to jump in.  I've rafted a half dozen different Class 4 and 5 rivers here in Alaska, always with guides.  I have gone on maybe 10 guided rafting trips total.  I always thought the guides over estimated the class of the water at the time.  We always had fun but were never scared to be in the raft.  Never have been even close to tossed out of a raft.  I would never kayak on most of the rivers I have rafted. It's an experience thing for me.  I don't like being too far out of my comfort zone.  

From everything you've posted I think you're a very experienced boater.  Obviously you can post whatever you want here but I don't really think it's necessary to go tit for tat with everyone that flings you a little shit.  JMO of course.  

Thanks for responding by the way. :bc:  

I get it. You aren't wrong. It's absolutely childish. Just a guilty pleasure. 

Regarding Alaska, yeah that cold water has got to add an element and what I would imagine is the remoteness of some of the rivers. I would guess even with warm air temps your rivers would cause hypothermia in the summer. 

Most of the rivers in Ontario and the US are really close to roads. Some like the Russelfork are a long climb out of a Canyon but still crowded with people. 

I'm sure some of your rivers would take a while for help to arrive.

Worse stuff close to us is the Quebec stuff. Buddies of mine found a canoe once on the middle of a trip. It had packs tied in and appeared to have been there for a few weeks.  Turns out the owners were on the wrong branch of a river, got their asses kicked and took two days hiking out with no dry clothes or food.  Then spent a week in hospital being treated for the bug bites and exposure. 

So that adds a level of risk. Even a dislocated shoulder on a trip like that could lead to a long hike out. As far as a pin or broach, you better ope you have a strong group.