Class V?

Just now, Skidooski said:

Weeks later and your ass is still sore :lol:I said initially..... "I've been down Class IV" and ever since it's been bullshit after bullshit with you. You get Chump of the month award for sure 

I think you are arguing a little out of order. You were suppose to say that you don't care first and then say this. 

Unless you want to change things up a bit which is fine.  I just didn't want you to get things out of order.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, revkevsdi said:

I think you are arguing a little out of order. You were suppose to say that you don't care first and then say this. 

Unless you want to change things up a bit which is fine.  I just didn't want you to get things out of order.

"I've been down Class IV before".....Butt hurt ensued for weeks!!!!!! 

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

"I've been down Class IV before".....Butt hurt ensued for weeks!!!!!! 

Are you quoting yourself?  Isn't that a little like talking about yourself in the third person?

10 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Yeah Tao did an interview discussing how he doesn't experience fear. It was before or after his 98 foot world record drop.

That really didn't seem like a good combo chasing big drops and not knowing fear.  But he figured something out because he topped out at 98 and others have stomped that record.

Corran did some high water fall drop in a batman costume.  Not sure if he was hoping to be picked up for a movie or what. It was interesting at the time but when I started I read an article that anything over 30 ft stands a good chance of destroying your back.  A few pro boaters found that out. So I was happy to stay under that number and it's worked for me. I'm still boating and walking. 

It's not like they get danger pay. A lot of these guys are making shit pay as raft guides and kayak instructors. If they end up in a wheelchair they'll be banging on Mom and Dad's door.

Some of the motor sports guys are at least getting a decent paycheque for their risk.

How can that be?  Its the thrill of a lifetime.  

Wait, Justin was a raft guide.

25 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

This doesn't concern you. Your pontoon trips shouldn't involve any rapids. But watch out for those rocks close shore you could bump one and spill your Palm Bay.

On the bright side, you have zero need for more than a twoseater kayak since you have no friends.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

On the bright side, you have zero need for more than a twoseater kayak since you have no friends.

The guy is such of self-centered dweeb I can't imagine he has many friends in real life

1 minute ago, T1R9sledder said:

Do you really have anything of value to add to the thread?

I add the same value to this specific thread as you do the forum... :snack:

Just now, SnowRider said:

I add the same value to this specific thread as you do the forum... :snack:

WOW that's something then......it must be HUGE!!!!

Tell me coach what experiences do you bring the discussion. It should be about white water. The results of whacking off in the shower while thinking about of Hillary doesn't count.....that's just gross.

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Snake and Arctic getting ready to run some GNAR!!!!!    CLASS V!!!!!!

Why do you keep going?  I don't think everyone here doubts your abilities in a kayak but why be such a dick? :dunno: 

4 hours ago, T1R9sledder said:

WOW that's something then......it must be HUGE!!!!

Tell me coach what experiences do you bring the discussion. It should be about white water. The results of whacking off in the shower while thinking about of Hillary doesn't count.....that's just gross.

I don't know if you've noticed but Arctic has posted on both runaway whitewater threads than Snowrider. Arctic has not even pretended to have whitewater experience yet no one call him out about his comments.  More Republican false equivalency perhaps.  

You see it in more than just them believing that Donald Trump is more honest than Hillary despite the stats.

You see it in other places. I've never seen any Trump supporter on this board say something good about Warren Buffet.

They've got a huge hate on because he is a Capitalist with a social conscience. 

But really he's everything you wish Trump was. He is all the values that they pretend to believe in.

Self made Billionaire, undeniably successful.

No hand outs.

No divorce, no sex scandals or rape accusations.

He's not leaving his billions to his kids. 

He's bought companies, laid off huge amount of employees, done some tax avoidance moves that Republicans love.

Because he thinks it's ok to tax the rich and because he supports Hillary Republicans on here hate him.

Every excuse you make for Donald Trump being rich and therefore a target of lawsuits, fall flat when you see how much more successful he is than Trump.

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

Don't be a buzz kill. That looks like fun :bc:

We had one on our lake last summer looked exactly like that set up. Really cool to just cruise around the swimming hole and have fun 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

We had one on our lake last summer looked exactly like that set up. Really cool to just cruise around the swimming hole and have fun 

I lived on a lake most of my life until we moved here 3 and a half years ago. The Party Barge was my all time favorite boat :bc:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I don't know if you've noticed but Arctic has posted on both runaway whitewater threads than Snowrider. Arctic has not even pretended to have whitewater experience yet no one call him out about his comments.  More Republican false equivalency perhaps.  

You see it in more than just them believing that Donald Trump is more honest than Hillary despite the stats.

You see it in other places. I've never seen any Trump supporter on this board say something good about Warren Buffet.

They've got a huge hate on because he is a Capitalist with a social conscience. 

But really he's everything you wish Trump was. He is all the values that they pretend to believe in.

Self made Billionaire, undeniably successful.

No hand outs.

No divorce, no sex scandals or rape accusations.

He's not leaving his billions to his kids. 

He's bought companies, laid off huge amount of employees, done some tax avoidance moves that Republicans love.

Because he thinks it's ok to tax the rich and because he supports Hillary Republicans on here hate him.

Every excuse you make for Donald Trump being rich and therefore a target of lawsuits, fall flat when you see how much more successful he is than Trump.

10 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Jesus....now its about Trump? FFS just give it a rest already 

That's how they do it now.

Yet to see proof he was EVER in the water. :news:

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I lived on a lake most of my life until we moved here 3 and a half years ago. The Party Barge was my all time favorite boat :bc:

I have lived on the lake for the past 30 years.  I have or have had a Party Barge, kayaks, PWC, rafts, Mastercraft, Jet Skis, canoes, etc, etc.  Without a doubt the party barge is the most fun.  All the other toys are a blast too but the PB is the most fun overall.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

Going on our second summer here and love it. Had dinner then took the pontoon over to the ice cream store then went for a swim on the way back. Great for a thursday evening. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Why do you keep going?  I don't think everyone here doubts your abilities in a kayak but why be such a dick? :dunno: 

That's weird that you feel the need to defend them. They keep claiming that they're owning me.

But since you asked politely, I'll explain. Long answer is here if you don't have time skip to the bottom.

I take beginners out on class 3 regularly. I never make fun of their ability or how they get scared on small waves. I'm still a decent enough play boater that I can teach them basic tricks and keep them safe. 

I have honestly dragged people to shore who were crying and managed to jolly them back into their boats to finish the day with enough confidence to return or at least not require therapy. It's funny how it runs the gambit from adrenalin junkies to people who are so scared just getting into a boat. You really wonder what possessed some people to try it. But can't help but admire them for pushing themselves. Someone who rock climbs, skydives and races snow cross, you'd expect to excel. Someone that is afraid to drive in the winter and gets anxiety doing their groceries makes you wonder. 

I've also rescued cocky people who've been in over their heads in real classV because some jackass told them a class IV wave train was class V. So when they take that info and signed up for a real class V  they don't know what hit them. "What do you mean paddle hard left, last river we just floated everything" " What's a strainer?" Part of that is the fault of raft guides talking up shitty little runs in order to increase the tip at the end of the day. The first 3 times I paddled the Gauley people died on the river. The first time on the Russelfork, the same thing. A few years back I got stuck with the young punks in our club. All great paddlers that were making fun of me for warning them about Insignificance. By the time we got to insignificance their was the nose of a kayak sticking out of the water and a park ranger sitting beside his devastated friends waiting for the body to float free.  Most of the times it is inexperienced rafters who aren't really into risking their life. They just think everything is like an amusement park. Sometimes it's experienced kayakers pushing the envelope. The kayakers at least know what they are in for the most part. I feel worse for the rafters who think their guide can save them from anything.  

I usually perform rescues and instruct with good humour. I always do it as a volunteer because people saved my ass and taught me when I was younger and so it's payback time.

But these guys act like assholes whenever they get the chance. If they want to talk shit they're going that have to learn not to cry when they get called out on their lies. 

Short Answer. 1>They are assholes who are easy to make fun of.

2. Lying about river difficulty or paddling abilities actually gets people killed. Usually not the right people.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

That's weird that you feel the need to defend them. They keep claiming that they're owning me.

But since you asked politely, I'll explain. Long answer is here if you don't have time skip to the bottom.

I take beginners out on class 3 regularly. I never make fun of their ability or how they get scared on small waves. I'm still a decent enough play boater that I can teach them basic tricks and keep them safe. 

I have honestly dragged people to shore who were crying and managed to jolly them back into their boats to finish the day with enough confidence to return or at least not require therapy. It's funny how it runs the gambit from adrenalin junkies to people who are so scared just getting into a boat. You really wonder what possessed some people to try it. But can't help but admire them for pushing themselves. Someone who rock climbs, skydives and races snow cross, you'd expect to excel. Someone that is afraid to drive in the winter and gets anxiety doing their groceries makes you wonder. 

I've also rescued cocky people who've been in over their heads in real classV because some jackass told them a class IV wave train was class V. So when they take that info and signed up for a real class V  they don't know what hit them. "What do you mean paddle hard left, last river we just floated everything" " What's a strainer?" Part of that is the fault of raft guides talking up shitty little runs in order to increase the tip at the end of the day. The first 3 times I paddled the Gauley people died on the river. The first time on the Russelfork, the same thing. A few years back I got stuck with the young punks in our club. All great paddlers that were making fun of me for warning them about Insignificance. By the time we got to insignificance their was the nose of a kayak sticking out of the water and a park ranger sitting beside his devastated friends waiting for the body to float free.  Most of the times it is inexperienced rafters who aren't really into risking their life. They just think everything is like an amusement park. Sometimes it's experienced kayakers pushing the envelope. The kayakers at least know what they are in for the most part. I feel worse for the rafters who think their guide can save them from anything.  

I usually perform rescues and instruct with good humour. I always do it as a volunteer because people saved my ass and taught me when I was younger and so it's payback time.

But these guys act like assholes whenever they get the chance. If they want to talk shit they're going that have to learn not to cry when they get called out on their lies. 

2. Lying about river difficulty or paddling abilities actually gets people killed. Usually not the right people.

That's the Clown Posse in a nutshell :snack:

27 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I can see all of that and you're probably right on the shit that's flung at you.  I think that if you were a little more moderate or right leaning you wouldn't get shit on from most around here.  On the other hand if some of them were more moderate or left leaning you would go easy on them.  

With all that said, I've read this and most of the other "kayak" threads for the last few weeks.  I got the feeling from the very beginning that you knew what you're talking about.  I read along for the humor but seldom posted anything one way or the other.  You seemed to be holding your own so I never saw a need to jump in.  I've rafted a half dozen different Class 4 and 5 rivers here in Alaska, always with guides.  I have gone on maybe 10 guided rafting trips total.  I always thought the guides over estimated the class of the water at the time.  We always had fun but were never scared to be in the raft.  Never have been even close to tossed out of a raft.  I would never kayak on most of the rivers I have rafted. It's an experience thing for me.  I don't like being too far out of my comfort zone.  

From everything you've posted I think you're a very experienced boater.  Obviously you can post whatever you want here but I don't really think it's necessary to go tit for tat with everyone that flings you a little shit.  JMO of course.  

Thanks for responding by the way. :bc:  

• Like 2