Class V?

• Platinum Contributing Member

Nobody cares about your skewed version of the play by play Slope! Pick another angle to try and become even remotely relevant again :thumb: You're doing a horrible job of White Nighting for the forum Douche Bag BTW. 

8 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

No no, please tell me more about the time you and your buddies were floating down a river sideways, hit a wave so big that half of you fell out. Must be class V if you fall out right?

How many times do you tell people that know whitewater about your class V run down the Kenny at 8,700? Do you see them rolling their eyes? Because I'm pretty sure they are.

I don't feel bad about bursting your, Dave's and Skidouchebag's bubbles because you're all assholes. But we hear rafters on the Ottawa talking about their near death experiences all the time. Your guides ride those rapids in pool toys at night the they talk it up for you. But use your head. Could they really be taking 1,000's of inexperienced people down class V rapids every year and only have a few die? The river FatDave brags about, the Ottawa,(holy shit it took him 10 pages to admit what river it was) had a couple of fatalities in the last 5 years. 1 from a pre-existing heart condition and one drowning with wilderness. Not in the rapid, he too his lifejacket off at a flat beach area and drowned. Oh and another guy died in a bar fight at wilderness. So basically the bar is more dangerous than the rapids. Sorry Fat Dave. 

I know Republicans are told not to think but just try. Why would that be considered class V? You fell out at the "toughest" rapid and nothing happened? You may have been scared, big water isn't easy to swim in but what was going to happen? 

This is from usarafting website.

The Kennebec River is no doubt, the most rafted river in Maine. From the put-in at Harris Dam through the Upper Gorge, you'll learn to work as a team as you negotiate the many rapids the Kennebec has to offer like "Rock Garden", "Big Mama", "Whitewasher", and the infamous "Maytag". The Upper Gorge is the "Ultimate Adrenaline Rush" of fun mixed with fear.

This trip is for beginners or experienced rafters alike, No experience is necessary as it's fun for the whole family! This trip has a minimum age of 10 years old. Younger rafters can join up with us after the Upper Gorge. The lower portion of the river allows you to take in the forests, hills, and wildlife that the Kennebec has to offer. This is also a great time for a swim or to share stories with your guide who is with you the entire journey.

lol 10 years old.   You crazy snake.. Was there are 10 year old handy to pull you back in? Did he yell "Class V bitch" when he hauled your ass back into the dingy?

Looks like you're having fun with the research....on the Kennebec...did you learn something?

3 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Lamar: I get scared in big rapids

Me: I've been down Class IV before....it was fun

Lamar: :baby: No you havent!!!!!! 

Me: Posted up several links confirming New river Gorge lower section rapid ratings.

Lamar: Starts talking about a different area all together and calls the New River names even. :lol:

:read::news::read:    

My words were that I've been scared in class V when shit got real but I've never in my life been frightened of someone with a gun.  But don't let facts get in the way of your story.

Sorry about talking about different rapids. You see there are several conversations going on at once The Kennebec at 8700 is what Snake wants to think is class V.   You evidently want to think the New River Gorge is. Kind of the same thing as far as I am concerned. Oh and as far as AWA is concerned as well. But what do they know? 

1 hour ago, T1R9sledder said:

Looks like you're having fun with the research....on the Kennebec...did you learn something?

Other than it's fun for the whole family and that snake fell out of the raft on a family float trip, not much. 

I gotta say Skidouchebag, Fat Dave and Snake's stories kind of put me in mind of Lee Harvey.   Momo and Boered have that Francis vibe going.

Snake:  Looks fun as hell!! I've been down the Colorado a few times and several others as well.  Damn exhilarating!  Apparently some don't understand a river is rated by the highest class rapid on the run.  :bc:

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

288f034792f7283d2173046bb6879606--whitewater-kayaking-skydiving.thumb.jpg.acc93f8676d367eede461d3f49748be9.jpg

594bc4cd58bf2_Newriverwhitewater.JPG.bdc6048efe7ebf6f187662165b049f9a.JPG

594bc4ceb8706_Newriver.thumb.JPG.a2b4ff1812d720fd213d6fd776bba3b6.JPG

594bc4cfa0c38_NPSNewRiver.thumb.JPG.a9c015e9c64a7e01f515efbd20cd4bcf.JPG

Well, would you look at that.  They rate the some of the rapids as 3-5.  I wonder what could change to make the difference?

Could it be wind? Sunny or Cloudy?   I've got a novel idea, maybe it's water levels.

49 minutes ago, SmeeAgain said:

Snake:  Looks fun as hell!! I've been down the Colorado a few times and several others as well.  Damn exhilarating!  Apparently some don't understand a river is rated by the highest class rapid on the run.  :bc:

I know a bunch of people that have self guided the Grand Canyon. They all had a great time and would go back.

But they don't go for the rapids. Its more about checking out of technology for 3 weeks and checking in with nature. 

It's definitely on my list for when I retire. 

One of our friends was 5 months pregnant and kayaked every day of the trip. She said it was fun. 

10 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I know a bunch of people that have self guided the Grand Canyon. They all had a great time and would go back.

But they don't go for the rapids. Its more about checking out of technology for 3 weeks and checking in with nature. 

It's definitely on my list for when I retire. 

One of our friends was 5 months pregnant and kayaked every day of the trip. She said it was fun. 

The grand canyon would be a trip of a lifetime! I've looked into them, but my son was too young.  I'll bet the rapids are huge!! I remember visiting the Grand Canyon several years ago and you could hear the rapids from the rim!

Edited by SmeeAgain
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Well, would you look at that.  They rate the some of the rapids as 3-5.  I wonder what could change to make the difference?

Could it be wind? Sunny or Cloudy?   I've got a novel idea, maybe it's water levels.

You don't say!!!!! Really??? Water levels plays a part in how big rapids get???? Who would have thought??? And here everyone else, but you the rapid genius, thought that gravity moved the boulders up and down with the tide levels :suicide:

MIND BLOWN

You're such a fucking tool you think I was arguing water levels now? No...you've been arguing with me over something minuscule like me saying "I've been down Class IV rapids"! My god are you mental midget :lol::lol::lol: 

15 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hey Kev.  What did you think of the video of the stand up paddleboarder? 

Pretty cool video. Dropping the falls was impressive. A guy name Corran Addison ran a class V fall on the Rouge river.   SUP in whitewater is really difficult .  Last month I played around trying to surf class 3 for a little over an hour. Next day my legs were toast. 

I spent 3 days surfing Puerto Rico at Christmas and 4 Days in Costa Rico in April so I figured I would be ok. Big Nope. 

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

You don't say!!!!! Really??? Water levels plays a part in how big rapids get???? Who would have thought??? And here everyone else, but you the rapid genius, thought that gravity moved the boulders up and down with the tide levels :suicide:

MIND BLOWN

You're such a fucking tool you think I was arguing water levels now? No...you've been arguing with me over something minuscule like me saying "I've been down Class IV rapids"! My god are you mental midget :lol::lol::lol: 

Seems like RevDork missed class.  Perhaps he should go back to school.  Could brush up on his grammar while at it.:lol:

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

MIND BLOWN

Get prepared for your mind to be really blown.  Sometimes rapids are easier at higher levels and tougher at lower.

I hope you can handle that. 

As for what we've been arguing about........  You've been arguing about everything under the sun for pages. You poor fuckers all change your stories so quickly that I'd have to take an interest to keep track. That isn't going to happen.  Sorry.

Congratulations on surviving your harrowing run down the New River Gorge. 

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Seems like RevDork missed class.  Perhaps he should go back to school.  Could brush up on his grammar while at it.:lol:

He sure seems to be missing a lot! Like who he's arguing with and why for starters. Unfuckingbelievable 

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Pretty cool video. Dropping the falls was impressive. A guy name Corran Addison ran a class V fall on the Rouge river.   SUP in whitewater is really difficult .  Last month I played around trying to surf class 3 for a little over an hour. Next day my legs were toast. 

I spent 3 days surfing Puerto Rico at Christmas and 4 Days in Costa Rico in April so I figured I would be ok. Big Nope. 

Corran and Tao Berman were a couple of the guys chasing first descents back when I was in to WW. I think it was Corran that was also chasing big surf in a kayak at the time?

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

This doesn't concern you. Your pontoon trips shouldn't involve any rapids. But watch out for those rocks close shore you could bump one and spill your Palm Bay.

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

Get prepared for your mind to be really blown.  Sometimes rapids are easier at higher levels and tougher at lower.

I hope you can handle that. 

As for what we've been arguing about........  You've been arguing about everything under the sun for pages. You poor fuckers all change your stories so quickly that I'd have to take an interest to keep track. That isn't going to happen.  Sorry.

Congratulations on surviving your harrowing run down the New River Gorge. 

Weeks later and your ass is still sore :lol:I said initially..... "I've been down Class IV" and ever since it's been bullshit after bullshit with you. You get Chump of the month award for sure 

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Corran and Tao Berman were a couple of the guys chasing first descents back when I was in to WW. I think it was Corran that was also chasing big surf in a kayak at the time?

Yeah Tao did an interview discussing how he doesn't experience fear. It was before or after his 98 foot world record drop.

That really didn't seem like a good combo chasing big drops and not knowing fear.  But he figured something out because he topped out at 98 and others have stomped that record.

Corran did some high water fall drop in a batman costume.  Not sure if he was hoping to be picked up for a movie or what. It was interesting at the time but when I started I read an article that anything over 30 ft stands a good chance of destroying your back.  A few pro boaters found that out. So I was happy to stay under that number and it's worked for me. I'm still boating and walking. 

It's not like they get danger pay. A lot of these guys are making shit pay as raft guides and kayak instructors. If they end up in a wheelchair they'll be banging on Mom and Dad's door.

Some of the motor sports guys are at least getting a decent paycheque for their risk.