First wedding

I have friends who spent boatloads on the kids wedding. then the fucking kids don't have cash for a house so they live in the basement saving for a house. going on 2yrs now 

WTF is wrong with some people . we are talking enough to pay a ez 25% down for a decent home. but yeah that 1 day was worth it

• Like 5

Just now, Ez ryder said:

I have friends who spent boatloads on the kids wedding. then the fucking kids don't have cash for a house so they live in the basement saving for a house. going on 2yrs now 

WTF is wrong with some people . we are talking enough to pay a ez 25% down for a decent home. but yeah that 1 day was worth it

My grandmother offered my cousin $25K for a down payment on a house or $10K for her wedding years ago, she took the $10K :wall:

• Like 1

Just now, ckf said:

My grandmother offered my cousin $25K for a down payment on a house or $10K for her wedding years ago, she took the $10K :wall:

like I said WTF is wrong with some people .

• Like 1

Told my 22 year old daughter I will pay 0 for a big wedding and 100% of a small elope type of wedding. She said she will stay living with her boyfriend unmarried. I told her boyfriend there is an unreturn policy. :news:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Snake said:

They already own a house together.

Although, I said I would throw $250 cash per $1,000 she shaves off the budget the wife set. :lol:

My problem is my ex wife is doing all the planning and they think I will do all of the paying. Not going to happen.

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Average cost of a wedding in 2016 was $32,640.

No thanks.  

:lol: Looks like I will be staying single. No way in hell I'm shelling out anywhere near that to get married again. Besides....the girlfriend and her daughter already live with me anyways.

The first wedding should be with a Justice of piece, and under 200 hundred bucks, total LOL. Immediate family only.

IF it lasts 10 years, then have a big party, for a real celebration.

Weddings have become the second biggest rip-off in the world, and many I have heard about in the 75K range in our small local community lasted less than 1 year. All to impress, I don,t know who. LOL

Priorities and money management are sure messed up with this I want it all now generation, just to be able to out do someone else.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

The first wedding should be with a Justice of piece, and under 200 hundred bucks, total LOL. Immediate family only.

Weddings have become the second biggest rip-off in the world, and many I have heard about in the 75K range in our small local community lasted less than 1 year. All to impress, I don,t know who. LOL

Priorities and money management are sure messed up with this I want it all now generation, just to be able to out do someone else.

Those are dime a dozen around here.:lol:

The reality is the guests are paying for it and expect it.  Most will shell out about $150/plate so that will cover the cost of the ceremony.  When parents elect to pay for the wedding, (since most of the guests are their invites anyways :lol:), the couple can come out with about $50K to put towards a down payment.

When my kids gets married, there won't likely be more than 10 guests from our side.:lol:

30 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Let me guess, new sleds made it number 1 on your list?

10 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Average cost of a wedding in 2016 was $32,640.

No thanks.  

This is a little less than what we paid..............As far as I know. :lol: Not including remodeling the entire house for out of state guests.

I stayed out of the planning as much as possible, I thought all those women would be choking each other by the time it was all said and done.

200 guests, nice venue, good food & booze.

We went to a wedding Friday, if you are going to do it, do it right. Offering your  guests crappy food, cheap booze, cash bar, is tacky. Amazing how some people will come and give nothing or 25 bucks to the bride & groom.

13 hours ago, Snake said:

PL26EjL.gif

:lol: We went to my nieces wedding 3 years ago. I didn't dare ask BIL the what it cost. All I know they wanted to stay at the resort where the wedding was staying. $450/night for 4 nights x 3 rooms. (daughters wanted their boyfriends to go and dad to foot the bill). Screw that I rented a house on 10 minutes from the resort for $800 for a week.