T100 S 1969..

looking for

$_27.JPG

a toy.. this has come up for the right price, has been painted, including frame, nice work. Numbers match and low original mileage if that is to be believed. Runs perfect....What you guys say...4k Canadian.

13 minutes ago, toslow said:

the guy started at 57, now is down to 44. i would put in a low ball offer

4k is fair in the market where I live, that is only 2800 USD.

3 minutes ago, stealth bomber said:

Are you looking for a diver or more of a garage jewelry type of bike?  Not sure how many miles I'd want to put on that thing.  Cool old bike though for sure.  

Short rides here and there, not wanting it to be my main ride. Just a toy to play with. Old brit bikes need constant wrenching.

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Friend has a '72 650 Trophy for sale, has TT pipes.

Buying these old bikes state side no longer makes sense, travel, RIV fee ans exchange kills it. Unless it simply cannot be found here and you have to have it. Six years ago, for sure.

A friend of mine bought a neglected, rough looking as fuck Yamaha 650 Maxim for a couple hundred bucks.  He did it up bobber style, flat black everything.  Put maybe a grand into it in tires and aftermarket parts, now it's a pretty cool backroad blaster.  I wouldn't mind having something like that.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stealth bomber said:

A friend of mine bought a neglected, rough looking as fuck Yamaha 650 Maxim for a couple hundred bucks.  He did it up bobber style, flat black everything.  Put maybe a grand into it in tires and aftermarket parts, now it's a pretty cool backroad blaster.  I wouldn't mind having something like that.  

yeah there is a few of them old XJ models that are bobbed out, they look pretty bad ass

• Platinum Contributing Member

That looks cool. If it's what you want, fuckin grab it. It will be fun no doubt. Riding it and just lookin at it. I semi restored an 84 GPz750 a few seasons ago. Great fun. I do dumb things on it. Lol. I haven't got it out yet this year, needs carb work. again.  I had the most fun and most frustration painting it.3 times 

IMG_1553.PNG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Twix for the win. The peanut butter ones are hard to find but they are made in Mexico now and really suck.

Never had one of those....but I really want to! :lol:

Edited by Biggie Smails

38 minutes ago, toslow said:

yeah there is a few of them old XJ models that are bobbed out, they look pretty bad ass

With a lower seat, some good pegs, grips and the right bars it is way more fun to ride than a stock 650.  Plus after opening up the exhaust, jetting the carbs and ditching 100 pounds of useless crap it's a decent performer.  Fun hunting for trick parts on eBay, no worries about stone chips, scratches or having to polish any chrome.  I'd like to build something similar with old school knobby tires.  Maybe start with a Honda CB 750, always wanted one of those.  Had the 500 four version.

3 hours ago, Boered said:

Buying these old bikes state side no longer makes sense, travel, RIV fee ans exchange kills it. Unless it simply cannot be found here and you have to have it. Six years ago, for sure.

I have a bud whos old man rides with us on his timbersled from time to time . he has been filing about 3 or 4  containers a year with old jap bikes to ship to Europe for over a decade   . has a few buyers over there and they keep wanting more . the old jap stuff is appreciating faster than the BSA and Triumphs .he has a few old sand cast 750 Hondas that are   worth huge $$ . got 2 at diff times and states for a song owners thought they were just old junk. one other sand cast 750 he restored  sold at auction in Vegas last yr for almost 50k .

I have been keeping my eyes open for a nice yellow Kenny Roberts RZ350 and a nice dressed cbx 1000 6cyl  for a few yrs now    

Edited by Ez ryder

18 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I have a bud whos old man rides with us on his timbersled from time to time . he has been filing about 3 or 4  containers a year with old jap bikes to ship to Europe for over a decade   . has a few buyers over there and they keep wanting more . the old jap stuff is appreciating faster than the BSA and Triumphs .he has a few old sand cast 750 Hondas that are   worth huge $$ . got 2 at diff times and states for a song owners thought they were just old junk. one other sand cast 750 he restored  sold at auction in Vegas last yr for almost 50k .

I have been keeping my eyes open for a nice yellow Kenny Roberts RZ350 and a nice dressed cbx 1000 6cyl  for a few yrs now    

Used to see mint condition CBX's for $2500-3500 a few years ago. Now guys are asking $5000 and up.

I never was a fan but they look mean naked with a 6 into 1.