USS Fitzgerald collides with Cargo Ship

UNFB.  How could this possibly happen.  That ship has to have the most advanced nav and warning systems on the planet.  How do you run into a cargo ship that's going 10 knots.  There are a whole lot of people who should lose their jobs over this one.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

UNFB.  How could this possibly happen.  That ship has to have the most advanced nav and warning systems on the planet.  How do you run into a cargo ship that's going 10 knots.  There are a whole lot of people who should lose their jobs over this one.   

Yep.

39 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I was on a cruise in the British Isles a few years back and the whole ship woke up at 5:30am to a massive list while we were headed up the river to Liverpool because the captain had to make a last minute turn to avoid a cargo ship. My cousin fell out of the other bed in the room, I thought the ship was going over for a couple seconds, all kinds of shit fell off everyone's dressers. I guess this shit happens more often than we'd think.

17 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Crazy isn't it, it looks like the cargo ship hit them.

Huge ships that turn slow in tight shipping lanes, I guess this stuff isn't uncommon.

9 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

The bodies of the 7 missing sailors have been found in flooded compartments...RIP.

Sad.  The Navy captain is gonna fry for this...and it will instill a whole new level of training in what has become a lax military.  Unless there is something we don't know yet, this is gonna fall on the incompetence of the US Navy sailors operating this vessel.