now examining whether President Donald Trump tried to obstruct justice,

WASHINGTON (AP) - The special counsel appointed to investigate Russian influence in the 2016 presidential campaign is now examining whether President Donald Trump tried to obstruct justice, The Washington Post reported Wednesday evening.

Accusations of obstruction arose last month when Trump fired FBI Director James Comey. Comey testified in a Senate hearing last week that he believed he was fired "because of the Russia investigation."

Comey also testified he had told Trump he was not under investigation.

The Post and The New York Times both reported that Mueller was seeking interviews with three Trump administration officials who weren't involved in Trump's campaign: Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence; Michael Rogers, the head of the National Security Agency; and Richard Ledgett, the former NSA deputy director.

Mark Corallo, a spokesman for Trump's personal lawyer, responded Wednesday evening to the Post report by saying: "The FBI leak of information regarding the president is outrageous, inexcusable and illegal."

The Post report cited anonymous sources who were briefed on requests made by investigators. It was not known whether the FBI was the source of the information.

Mueller met Wednesday with the leaders of the Senate Intelligence Committee in an effort to ensure their investigations don't conflict.

The leaders of the Senate Intelligence committee said in a statement issued Wednesday that they "look forward to future engagements" with Robert Mueller.

Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr, R-N.C., and Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia, the panel's top Democrat, didn't provide any other details regarding the meeting. An aide familiar with the meeting said it was held to discuss the investigations, including ways that the parallel inquiries don't interfere with one another. The aide spoke on condition of anonymity because the meeting was private.

The meeting comes a day after lawmakers questioned Justice Department officials about the probe and Mueller's independence, and after a friend of Trump said the White House was considering firing Mueller.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who appointed Mueller last month, testified Tuesday he has seen no evidence of good cause to fire Mueller.

Also Wednesday, Senate Judiciary Chairman Charles Grassley said his panel will investigate the removal of former FBI Director James Comey and "any alleged improper partisan interference in law enforcement investigations."

Grassley announced the investigation in a letter to California Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the panel's top Democrat. Grassley's office said the letter is in response to a recent letter from Feinstein requesting that the committee seek details from senior FBI leadership about Comey's interactions with President Donald Trump before he was fired.

The letter said the investigation will also probe Comey's testimony that Loretta Lynch, as President Barack Obama's attorney general, had directed him to describe an FBI probe into Hillary Clinton's email practices as merely a "matter" and to avoid calling it an investigation.

"You and I agree that the American people deserve a full accounting of attempts to meddle in both our democratic processes and the impartial administration of justice ... It is my view that fully investigating the facts, circumstances, and rationale for Mr. Comey's removal will provide us the opportunity to do that on a cooperative, bipartisan basis," according to the letter.

Feinstein has said the Judiciary Committee should investigate, but had asked Grassley to keep the investigations separate. Grassley said Comey's dismissal and Comey's testimony on Lynch should be looked at together, noting that Comey "took the opportunity in his testimony to clear his own name by denouncing as false the administration's claims that the FBI rank-and-file had lost confidence in Mr. Comey's leadership in the wake of the Clinton email investigation."

• Platinum Contributing Member

What a mess! On one hand you'd think they'd have to come up with some proof, sone evidence soon. But on the other hand I can see them dragging this out for a very long time if they have nothing just to bog him down

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

What a mess! On one hand you'd think they'd have to come up with some proof, sone evidence soon. But on the other hand I can see them dragging this out for a very long time if they have nothing just to bog him down

benghazi. 

4 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

benghazi. 

Yep a lot like that. And the next time a Dem is POTUS the R's will do it back to the Dems and around and around they go! Complete shit show. And here I thought the Dems could take the high road...nope

Edited by Skidooski

4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Yep a lot like that. And the next time a Dem is POTUS the R's will do it back to the Dems and around and around they go! Complete shit show. And here I thought the Dems could take the high road...nope

:lmao: 

You missed his point Dummy :lol: 

4 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:lmao: 

You missed his point Dummy :lol: 

I know right!!!!! That's why I am agreeing with him you fucking moron. 

Another morning where you follow my around trying desperately to solicit responses????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

I know right!!!!! That's why I am agreeing with him you fucking moron. 

Another morning where you follow my around trying desperately to solicit responses????

Adding your last sentence voids your entire post.  SBYL Dumb Dumb :bc: 

Just now, SnowRider said:

Adding your last sentence voids your entire post.  SBYL Dumb Dumb :bc: 

Yes me agreeing with his post...you telling me I missed his point...then me reminding you that I agreed with his post is all voided somehow when I point out that you're an idiot for saying I missed his point. Thanks for making my point! 

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Yes me agreeing with his post...you telling me I missed his point...then me reminding you that I agreed with his post is all voided somehow when I point out that you're an idiot for saying I missed his point. Thanks for making my point! 

:backpeddle:  :backpeddle::backpeddle:

Is it me or is SeRena a fucking idiot?  Rhetorical.  It's pretty easy to follow Dooski's posts and his intent.  SeRena posts and everyone has to go back and figure out what the FUCK his idiot ass is trying to convey....and it never makes sense.  Wow.

"Intellectually elite".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

^^^^^ There's the low T type posts we've come to expect from Slope. Like a 10 year old made it

Meanwhile you keep making juvenile posts while complaining about juvenile posts :lol: 

Just now, SnowRider said:

Meanwhile you keep making juvenile posts while complaining about juvenile posts :lol: 

Jesus....just say "I'm rubber and you're glue" already you dumb ass   

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Is it me or is SeRena a fucking idiot?  Rhetorical.  It's pretty easy to follow Dooski's posts and his intent.  SeRena posts and everyone has to go back and figure out what the FUCK his idiot ass is trying to convey....and it never makes sense.  Wow.

"Intellectually elite".

Is it any wonder why he completely follows the democrat rhetoric. 

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Ho Lee Chit!!! i fucking laughed out loud at that one..spot fucking on!!

• Like 1

:lol:  Look at the post on Clinton.   If you think Clinton would not be impeached to the point of removal of office for the things he did and Trump will you are a complete idiot.   You honestly think the GOP will impeach him?   They wouldn't hold the WH, Senate or House for another 20 years. 

5 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

I hope he tries to fire Mueller

:pc:

that would be spectacular because congress would simply refire the furnace by reappointing him. this is going to go on for months. in part because of constant barriers that trump will put up. i'm waiting for trump's 2am tweets about mueller. should be entertaining. 

16 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

that would be spectacular because congress would simply refire the furnace by reappointing him. this is going to go on for months. in part because of constant barriers that trump will put up. i'm waiting for trump's 2am tweets about mueller. should be entertaining. 

Oh boy!

32 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:  Look at the post on Clinton.   If you think Clinton would not be impeached to the point of removal of office for the things he did and Trump will you are a complete idiot.   You honestly think the GOP will impeach him?   They wouldn't hold the WH, Senate or House for another 20 years. 

Stop crushing hopes here.  They are already running thin on Xanex.