The Truth Behind "I hope you can let this go."

• Platinum Contributing Member

The left keeps pushing the narrative that this was Trump asking for Comey to drop the Russian Collusion investigation. :lol:   Not according to Comey's own testimony.

SEN. MARCO RUBIO: Director Comey, the meeting in the oval office where he made the request about Mike Flynn, was that only time he asked you to hopefully let it go?

COMEY: Yes.

RUBIO: And in that meeting, as you understood it, he was asking not about the general Russia investigation, he was asking specifically about the jeopardy that Flynn was in himself?

COMEY: That's how I understood it. Yes, sir.

Now keep in mind Comey had admitted that Flynn while in legal jeopardy it was not related to collusion.

BURR: Director, when the president requested that you, and I quote "Let Flynn go," General Flynn had an unreported contact with the Russians, which is an offense, and if press accounts are right, there might have been discrepancies between facts and his FBI testimony. In your estimation, was general Flynn at that time in serious legal jeopardy, and in addition to that, do you sense that the president was trying to obstruct justice or just seek for a way for Mike Flynn to save face, given that he had already been fired?

COMEY: General Flynn at that point in time was in legal jeopardy. There was an open FBI criminal investigation of his statements in connection with the Russian contacts, and the contacts themselves, and so that was my assessment at the time. I don't think it's for me to say whether the conversation I had with the president was an effort to obstruct. I took it as a very disturbing thing, very concerning, but that's a conclusion I'm sure the special counsel will work towards to try and understand what the intention was there, and whether that's an offense.

Now you are talking about the former Director of the FBI and while he made the decision to go on national television and exonerate Hillary Clinton because of no intent, all the while documenting the evidence against her cannot tell whether or not a statement is obstruction of justice. :lol:  

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

The left keeps pushing the narrative that this was Trump asking for Comey to drop the Russian Collusion investigation. :lol:   Not according to Comey's own testimony.

SEN. MARCO RUBIO: Director Comey, the meeting in the oval office where he made the request about Mike Flynn, was that only time he asked you to hopefully let it go?

RUBIO: And in that meeting, as you understood it, he was asking not about the general Russia investigation, he was asking specifically about the jeopardy that Flynn was in himself?

Now keep in mind Comey had admitted that Flynn while in legal jeopardy it was not related to collusion.

BURR: Director, when the president requested that you, and I quote "Let Flynn go," General Flynn had an unreported contact with the Russians, which is an offense, and if press accounts are right, there might have been discrepancies between facts and his FBI testimony. In your estimation, was general Flynn at that time in serious legal jeopardy, and in addition to that, do you sense that the president was trying to obstruct justice or just seek for a way for Mike Flynn to save face, given that he had already been fired?

COMEY: General Flynn at that point in time was in legal jeopardy. There was an open FBI criminal investigation of his statements in connection with the Russian contacts, and the contacts themselves, and so that was my assessment at the time. I don't think it's for me to say whether the conversation I had with the president was an effort to obstruct. I took it as a very disturbing thing, very concerning, but that's a conclusion I'm sure the special counsel will work towards to try and understand what the intention was there, and whether that's an offense.

Now you are talking about the former Director of the FBI and while he made the decision to go on national television and exonerate Hillary Clinton because of no intent, all the while documenting the evidence against her cannot tell whether or not a statement is obstruction of justice. :lol:  

It's pretty clear that he was just another inept Obama appointee.  I mean, my god man!  No balls at all!!  And now he's a disgruntled woman scorned.

7 hours ago, Highmark said:

Trump said he didn't say any of that Comey is a lying sack of shit, it never even happened, any of it :flush: