searching for an enclosed

Got a buddy looking for an enclosed to fit 2 and sometimes 3 machines and wants a 7' wide any suggestions? He is looking at an Apache by miska does anyone have one and what do they think? Any thoughts where the best deal on a drive on drive off is

i could be parting ways with my 7x23 all aluminum. its in great shape. brakes and bearings done in oct. it has a sticker for 2017. its 18' with a 5 foot V for 23 total feet. it is the one in my avatar. i just need to look at prices and see what i want to sell it for . i bought another 4 place and may not want to have 2 big trailers

Edited by Taillight

I have a 19ft and only fits my two Gades kitty cornered. As far as 3 in there it might be possible (121"s) but never tried. I would give TJ"s Hook n Go on Hwy48 in Baldwin a call. Decent to deal with as are the folks at Excalibur (brampton) . 

20170115_125902.jpg

Tell him to go 8.5 wide x 20.  Not really much price difference, and far more utility.  Can hold 4 sleds properly with no fucking around.  Almost 25% more floor space, and little towing difference on a V-nose.  (Except for mirrors.... Lol).

A lot better for non sled use, too. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

• Platinum Contributing Member

I have a 7x23 Legend (19 feet of full floor plus 4 feet of V nose). You need this to fit 3 modern sleds in my opinion. I bought it in Michigan at Beck's when the dollar was at par. Even these days, the price is still competitive depending on how far you have to drive to get there.

I've been shopping for a small enclosed, all aluminum around 6x12. Prices vary from manu to manu but so does the options.

Action trailers sells NEO which seems to be getting more popular. I found them to offer the best price to option packages. Miska was the most expensive but also offered the most options as a standard package, I just didn't need all of them.

I talked with a lady from Trailer Brokers Canada. Her prices seemed really good but her heavyhanded sales approach pushed me away.

Ended up ordering a Lightening from the closes dealer as the floor fell out of my old one Wednesday. 6 years and completely rotted through the floor supports. Don't buy a steel frame....lol

And don't listen to the puzzler. 7 foot wide is the way to go if you have a half ton.

Edited by Blackstar

Any modern half ton has more than enough power.  And if you're gonna say something regarding wind drag, it matters little.  Especially on a V-nose.  If your little Fords can't tow an 8.5 wide trailer, you really need another brand of truck. 

We all laugh at the guys who show up with 7' trailers, fucking around, reversing and slipping up the ramp, stacking them on top of each other...... Lol 

When most provinces and states allow 8.5 wide trailers, and sleds are 4' wide, it makes no sense to get a narrower enclosed.  You will notice no difference when towing unless your truck is a dog, except for the mirrors.  :)

20 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I have a 7x23 Legend (19 feet of full floor plus 4 feet of V nose). You need this to fit 3 modern sleds in my opinion. I bought it in Michigan at Beck's when the dollar was at par. Even these days, the price is still competitive depending on how far you have to drive to get there.

I've been shopping for a small enclosed, all aluminum around 6x12. Prices vary from manu to manu but so does the options.

Action trailers sells NEO which seems to be getting more popular. I found them to offer the best price to option packages. Miska was the most expensive but also offered the most options as a standard package, I just didn't need all of them.

I talked with a lady from Trailer Brokers Canada. Her prices seemed really good but her heavyhanded sales approach pushed me away.

Ended up ordering a Lightening from the closes dealer as the floor fell out of my old one Wednesday. 6 years and completely rotted through the floor supports. Don't buy a steel frame....lol

And don't listen to the puzzler. 7 foot wide is the way to go if you have a half ton.

3 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Any modern half ton has more than enough power.  And if you're gonna say something regarding wind drag, it matters little.  Especially on a V-nose.  If your little Fords can't tow an 8.5 wide trailer, you really need another brand of truck. 

We all laugh at the guys who show up with 7' trailers, fucking around, reversing and slipping up the ramp, stacking them on top of each other...... Lol 

When most provinces and states allow 8.5 wide trailers, and sleds are 4' wide, it makes no sense to get a narrower enclosed.  You will notice no difference when towing unless your truck is a dog, except for the mirrors.  :)

Might be allowed towing 8.5 wide. But have to check town rules storing an 8.5 wide. We are allowed 98" max width.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2017-06-22 at 8:20 AM, Taillight said:

8.5x20 fits 4 sleds. tows great $4500. i have two big trailers, one goes i will keep the other. all aluminum

download_20170212_194454.jpg

image-20170211_144146.jpg

Wasn't that on Kijiji a year ago for $3500?  They must be appreciating!  :)  I'd remember that wrap anywhere!

Blackstar won't buy it..... he's scared to tow anything that wide, and the Ford will struggle....

Edited by Puzzleboy