New sleds???/

10 hours ago, ckf said:

Did anyone order a new sled this spring? I may upgrade to a newer used sled in the fall, but don't see myself ever buying new again.

The  Sidewinder  looks nice but not the price or the Yamaha proven first - second year bugs. My Apex still gets the job done without any issues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

I have six old sleds and could use something newer. The last two years of not so good snow,make the old iron stay in my shed.

I hear ya on that one. Two years ago sucked bad. This past year we had snow, but we also had a lot of meltdowns.

22 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I have six old sleds and could use something newer. The last two years of not so good snow,make the old iron stay in my shed.

20 hours ago, ckf said:

I hear ya on that one. Two years ago sucked bad. This past year we had snow, but we also had a lot of meltdowns.

I never got out once 2 yrs ago. Winter sucked badly around these parts (southern Ontario) but with my son playing hockey pretty steadily, I didn't really care.

This year, I got out twice and my son once. Winter was finally starting to get good as were the trails but, yet again, as you say, another meltdown ruined it for good. 

Needless to say, my 2 old girls are going nowhere, unless I sell them to get out of the sport altogether?

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎11 at 10:07 AM, irv said:

I never got out once 2 yrs ago. Winter sucked badly around these parts (southern Ontario) but with my son playing hockey pretty steadily, I didn't really care.

This year, I got out twice and my son once. Winter was finally starting to get good as were the trails but, yet again, as you say, another meltdown ruined it for good. 

Needless to say, my 2 old girls are going nowhere, unless I sell them to get out of the sport altogether?

Never do that. 

no new ones here ,I put more miles on my old skandic in the last two winters than i did on my vector due to low snow ,meltdowns,trail closures and im in the port sydney area witch usually rocks ,but than again im a impulse buyer ,LOL

• Like 1

On 6/16/2017 at 10:38 AM, 04nightfire said:

Never do that. 

I'm just frustrated so I likely won't, especially with retirement just around the corner, but it's getting harder and harder every year to dump a bunch of money into them and not get out.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I was real close to buying a new 16m8 last week but I dont even have 2k mi on my 14m8 yet . I have to fight the temptation but fuck they are giving the hold overs away . 

Good grief. Hold over prices are hard to pass up if you are in the market for sure.  That's why used sleds aren't selling worth a shit.

Hell, I've got less than 1000 on mine and I'm seriously considering parting it out.  Unimaginable just a couple of years ago.

18 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Good grief. Hold over prices are hard to pass up if you are in the market for sure.  That's why used sleds aren't selling worth a shit.

Hell, I've got less than 1000 on mine and I'm seriously considering parting it out.  Unimaginable just a couple of years ago.

1 early season dump and the non currents are gone in a week and used is gold again .

I am just holding back on a new non current because I think my next buy is a bike . I was really hoping cat was going to release theirs this season . but no only limited numbers to race program . I could get 1 through there    but only reason I wanted a cat was to skirt MN trail issues and have the ability to drive it to a gas station or from trail head to the woods .

I have also been prodding my cuz to sell me back my old 03 zr900 1010 . he has been living in IL for 4 yrs and has not used it once in that time. keep her at the cabin de tune a bit to run on pump gas and break it out on fresh groom days or ride it when some one comes up with no sled 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

1 early season dump and the non currents are gone in a week and used is gold again .

I am just holding back on a new non current because I think my next buy is a bike . I was really hoping cat was going to release theirs this season . but no only limited numbers to race program . I could get 1 through there    but only reason I wanted a cat was to skirt MN trail issues and have the ability to drive it to a gas station or from trail head to the woods .

I have also been prodding my cuz to sell me back my old 03 zr900 1010 . he has been living in IL for 4 yrs and has not used it once in that time. keep her at the cabin de tune a bit to run on pump gas and break it out on fresh groom days or ride it when some one comes up with no sled 

:lol: or make it to a Culver's.

Yeah, funny how one Nov/Dec dumping of snow realigns market sales.  Funny though.....if it's after Dec, most get the idea the winter is already shot.  It's a bizarre mindset.  Like selling a boat after the 4th.  Prices drop as if there's no more summer boating left. :wall:

Humans...we is weird muthas!

Just now, Zambroski said:

:lol: or make it to a Culver's.

Yeah, funny how one Nov/Dec dumping of snow realigns market sales.  Funny though.....if it's after Dec, most get the idea the winter is already shot.  It's a bizarre mindset.  Like selling a boat after the 4th.  Prices drop as if there's no more summer boating left. :wall:

Humans...we is weird muthas!

well 1/2 the fun is standing in your garage 3 mo before you can use your new toy thinking you are still 20 imagining all the crazy shit you will no longer do on it but is sounds good in your head in the garage 

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

well 1/2 the fun is standing in your garage 3 mo before you can use your new toy thinking you are still 20 imagining all the crazy shit you will no longer do on it but is sounds good in your head in the garage 

:lol: Agreed! :bc:

Prolly a lot of people in you area (or other lower snowfall areas) that Bragg that shit up standing over their machines to their friends/neighbors.  Like SeReana does.  Nobody rides so he talk shit like he is a boondocking god.  Up here, there's always snow...and everyone I know has a sled.  So.....shit talking gets put to the test a lot.  Ask the ones from there that come up here for our famous "Brisk Rides". :lol:

30 minutes ago, ckf said:

What's up with all of these snowmobile related posts? Don't you guys know that this is FreedomSledder :lol:

No kidding, perhaps the non sledders on the site can get in on the action with fractional sled ownership.:lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ckf said:

What's up with all of these snowmobile related posts? Don't you guys know that this is FreedomSledder :lol:

Shhhhh.....we're trying out some new formats.  Hope you don't mind.

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Must have been at Country Cat.

Their deals are just crazy the last couple of years. I do my business with them also.  Great group there.

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Their deals are just crazy the last couple of years. I do my business with them also.  Great group there.

I try to spread my business out.  Lots of great Cat dealers in MN.  Only reason we bought the XF6000 new is because it was such a good deal.

18 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think a lot of the guys have CE bookmarked and never think to check the other forums.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...