Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ckf

New sleds???/

9 posts in this topic

Did anyone order a new sled this spring? I may upgrade to a newer used sled in the fall, but don't see myself ever buying new again.

10 hours ago, ckf said:

Did anyone order a new sled this spring? I may upgrade to a newer used sled in the fall, but don't see myself ever buying new again.

The  Sidewinder  looks nice but not the price or the Yamaha proven first - second year bugs. My Apex still gets the job done without any issues.

2 people like this

I have six old sleds and could use something newer. The last two years of not so good snow,make the old iron stay in my shed.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

I have six old sleds and could use something newer. The last two years of not so good snow,make the old iron stay in my shed.

I hear ya on that one. Two years ago sucked bad. This past year we had snow, but we also had a lot of meltdowns.

Posted (edited)

I bought a new sled two years ago. Thanks to low snow one year and health issues the second I've yet to hit 1000 miles. 

Here's hoping next years a good one!!:fluffy:

Edited by Let it Snow!
1 person likes this

22 hours ago, Woodtick said:

20 hours ago, ckf said:

I hear ya on that one. Two years ago sucked bad. This past year we had snow, but we also had a lot of meltdowns.

I never got out once 2 yrs ago. Winter sucked badly around these parts (southern Ontario) but with my son playing hockey pretty steadily, I didn't really care.

This year, I got out twice and my son once. Winter was finally starting to get good as were the trails but, yet again, as you say, another meltdown ruined it for good. 

Needless to say, my 2 old girls are going nowhere, unless I sell them to get out of the sport altogether?

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎11 at 10:07 AM, irv said:

I never got out once 2 yrs ago. Winter sucked badly around these parts (southern Ontario) but with my son playing hockey pretty steadily, I didn't really care.

This year, I got out twice and my son once. Winter was finally starting to get good as were the trails but, yet again, as you say, another meltdown ruined it for good. 

Needless to say, my 2 old girls are going nowhere, unless I sell them to get out of the sport altogether?

Never do that. 

no new ones here ,I put more miles on my old skandic in the last two winters than i did on my vector due to low snow ,meltdowns,trail closures and im in the port sydney area witch usually rocks ,but than again im a impulse buyer ,LOL

1 person likes this

On 6/16/2017 at 10:38 AM, 04nightfire said:

Never do that. 

I'm just frustrated so I likely won't, especially with retirement just around the corner, but it's getting harder and harder every year to dump a bunch of money into them and not get out.

2 people like this