Check your account email address ×

Comey hearing has began.

Comey: "I learned through the media that......."  WTF?  Really?  The director of the FBI was learning information from the media?  

I can appreciate him defending himself and his colleagues in the FBI though.....even though they are pretty fucked up right now.

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Cold War said:

All this Comey talk makes me hungry...............I think I'm going to get a couple Coney dogs for lunch.

Detroit or Flint style? :hungry:

I agree that Trump's handling of the firing was horrendous.  You could tell this bothered Comey and with his past service I couldn't agree more. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I agree that Trump's handling of the firing was horrendous.  You could tell this bothered Comey and with his past service I couldn't agree more. 

I mean, it didn't warrant at least a face to face exit process?  It had to be done when he was out of town?  I wanna know who decided that was warranted.  It had to be a pretty agregious action on Comeys part IMO.  I have a hard time believing it was done split decision.  But, then again....

Just now, Zambroski said:

I mean, it didn't warrant at least a face to face exit process?  It had to be done when he was out of town?  I wanna know who decided that was warranted.  It had to be a pretty agregious action on Comeys part IMO.  I have a hard time believing it was done split decision.  But, then again....

Should have been done face to face.    

• Like 1

"The ask was to get out that Trump was not under active investigation."

Trump want this out, the FBI didn't or wouldn't and that's why he got fired.  I don't think that was too much to ask considering he was told 3 x's he wasn't and the media was calling Trump a liar for saying it. 

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

"The ask was to get out that Trump was not under active investigation."

Trump want this out, the FBI didn't or wouldn't and that's why he got fired.  I don't think that was too much to ask considering he was told 3 x's he wasn't and the media was calling Trump a liar for saying it. 

Again at the time he (Trump) was not under active investigation. The FBI had his committee under investigation AT THAT TIME. He could be under investigation RIGHT NOW!

Just now, Mainecat said:

Again at the time he (Trump) was not under active investigation. The FBI had his committee under investigation AT THAT TIME. He could be under investigation RIGHT NOW!

Could being the key word.

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

according to anonymous current and former administration officials, that could maybe possibly be sort of true.

Edited by oleroule

Rubio made an excellent point and is the main topics of the hearing.

Trump "asked" 3 things.

1. Hoped he could let the Flynn thing go.   This thing was Flynn's conversation with the Russian ambassador after the election of which he lied to VP and got fired for.  These conversation happened AFTER the election.   Less likely a link to collusion.  Trump also said in a press conference the day after he told Comey the exact same thing about Flynn.

2. Honest loyalty.  

3. Continue the full investigation into the Russians, collusion with any satallite members of his campaign but to get it out that he wasn't at the time under investigation to lower the rhetoric in the public (MSM) so he can focus on his agenda.

Another great point....Isn't it interesting and very telling that the Fact Trump wasn't personally under investigation was the only thing NOT leaked to the press by the IC or JD. :lol:  

While I think Comey should have been fired earlier by Obama for overstepping his responsibilities its hard to not like the guy and his approach to things.  Very professional.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Detroit or Flint style? :hungry:

Flint? 

I like a shaved bun, toasted. My buddy used to drag me down to this little dive  place in Pontiac.

Man those babies were tasty!

Just now, Highmark said:

Another great point....Isn't it interesting and very telling that the Fact Trump wasn't personally under investigation was the only thing NOT leaked to the press by the IC or JD. :lol:  

Cuz Comey didn't leak that  :flush: