Hope for humanity...

Everyday I muttle thru the bullshit rhetoric of the internet "Trump is evil" "Democrats are snowflakes" "radical Islam" "Iran" "Russia" "Isis" blah blah blah. Today I run across a post thru a friend of mine and I'm like "shit, there are others who don't eat the turd sandwich!" Brilliant post. Enjoy!

Almost no American knows who the leader of Qatar is ... but this will change soon as  marketing for the next war rolls out.  First step will be to create an enemy.  The next step will be to create heroes (insurgents) to fight the enemy we create.  The third step will be to aid those rebels in thier righteous struggle.  Mujahadeen, Contras, Northern Alliance / Taliban, ISIS etc...this is the model we follow.

In just a few months people who today have never heard of the leader of Qatar will be furious with anger over the villain the media creates - there will be memes, jokes, slanders, comedy skits, and of course very serious proclamations about how this time is different.  In a few months we're are going to be scared to death of this country that today people have barely heard of.  One way we can recognized the brainwashed is by how upset they get when anyone challenges the notion that Qatar is some major threat.  Cognitive dissonance causes anger among those who don't have a logical basis for opinions.

Since Qatar is nothing close to a real threat to us, the war marketers will come up with some buzzwords or acronyms describing some way this is a big scary threat.  If I were a marketer I'd advice making up some nonsense about Qatar being a "terror hub influencer", "behind the scenes mastermind",  funding source, regional agitator or something and throwing in some stuff about Shia vs. Sunni...and of course ISIS and Iran.  It's muddy & doesn't have to make any sense really, most Americans don't know the difference between Arab and Muslim let alone Shia and Sunni.  The country who supported bombing Iraq (based on artist renditions presented by Colin Powell) because a former Saudi living in Pakistan supposedly organized 9-11 doesn't have a high bar for logic.

Successful marketing plans don't just rely on the message, they rely on recruiting new messengers and war hawk types love to have bullet points so they can speak with authority.  They will share memes and speak about why the Qataris are different and scary and so on.

Hillary would have really done great at this type of marketing effort ...she was born for it and her ambitions were foiled...but Trump really needs it for his poll numbers because America loves war.  Once the bombs start falling, even some die hard liberal haters of Trump will feel fat and secure that nanny government is keeping them safe from roving bands of Qataris or whatever.  Maybe Fareed Zachariah can repeat his line from an earlier Trump bombing and say this batch of murder is "presidential".

Interesting will be the media shift that will come with this.  Once Trump is playing ball with the war hawks of the deep state, media will stop the attacks and easily influenced dems will jump on board.  The more die hard Trump haters will not jump to his side easily but will instead, reluctantly, support the war because of "patriotism", "my country right or wrong" or similar nonsense.  This will be accompanied by an op ed from Dan Rather who, while so far very critical of Trump, will feign concern and support the war "for the good of America" -- his role (and even Hillary and Bill's) will be to conjure images of WWII and the worthwhile fight.  We can expect McCain to join this chorus and make a show about putting aside his differences with Trump to support bombings.

I could go on in more detail but we've seen the movie already.

• Like 5

Good post.  I don't think it will be Qatar though.  

Hell, we've been poking that ME hornet's nest pretty good over the last few decades, we should be good for at least two generations of "bogeymen".  :wall:

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Should I read it ?  It looks long and I have a short attention span , so it better be good :bc: 

Trust me there is a lot of substance....not like most of the long winded horseshit posted here. :bla:

• Like 1

I doubt we are going to do shit with Qatar.  The beef is between SA and Qatar and SA is acting upon actions we asked them to make.  We don't get to say, "Now wait a minute....we have to move our air base now."  CUZ...fuck that bullshit!  We asked them to step up and weed out terror in their region...we don't get to drive from the back seat.  Or else, SA has deiced to outsmart our stupid ass government....AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

I think the article works well though....it just uses Qatar as the point.

• Platinum Contributing Member
32 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

war wont stop the Russian investigation....sorry

Wow what a one track mind you have tbere. Any room for additional thought outside of your boogie man Cold War Russia thing?

41 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

are there any conspiracies that analer and ben don't fall head-over-heels in love with?

Yah...ones created by those that have a history of lying to the public every time they speak