73 years ago today

6 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Here is to those that waded ashore into that living hell.....unimaginable what they saw and encountered.

X2... and so many died before even making it to shore... all way too young

Those that survived would have been affected for the rest of their lives by what they experienced.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

The most detailed footage of the landings were accidentally dropped in the ocean when being transferred to a ship.  

Hard to imagine something of that magnitude could be kept as secret as it was.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The most detailed footage of the landings were accidentally dropped in the ocean when being transferred to a ship.  

Hard to imagine something of that magnitude could be kept as secret as it was.  

They were more careful who they told and there was no internet or cell phones probably helps :dunno: 

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Not a peep from the Tangerine Ape

Well, the day ain't over yet.  BTW, must be nice to have nothing better to do than just sit around all day and monitor one's every move.

Maybe you should have been the one to start a thread like this if you've got so much time on your hands, but instead, it took a Canadian to do it...

Good job Momo for recognizing this day.  :bc:

Edited by hayward
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Momorider said:

They were more careful who they told and there was no internet or cell phones probably helps :dunno: 

there were no modern day liberals back then, thankfully, otherwise the germans would have just gotten a hug and a skid piled high with cash.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boered said:

I think this is the most graphic depiction made.

That opening 15 minutes of that movie in the theater was amazing.

When I was younger, almost too young to remember, my old man had a friend that was there.  He was shot in the knee and twice in the abdomen jumping from the boat.  He told some memories of it I remember, he said he couldn't remember if his knee was shot out or he tripped off of the ramp.  He thought he was gonna drown because he couldn't get out of the water and the soldiers behind him kept stepping on him.  When he woke up he was on his back on the shore being cared for my medics.  He took the two in the abdomen as he was being dragged to shore.  He thought he was done. Wow.  His name was Marvin.  He died probably 10 years ago.  

If any of you haven't seen the beginning of "Saving Private Ryan", you should.  It gave me chills recalling Marv's story when i saw it.

Seen interviews with vets of the landings that said the filming was so real it was extremely difficult to be a part of as advisors.   I think Spielberg insisted on using real MG42's for sound effects.  

1 hour ago, Boered said:

there were no modern day liberals back then, thankfully, otherwise the germans would have just gotten a hug and a skid piled high with cash.

Republicans were heros everywhere

13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Republicans were heros everywhere

Even liberals were normal back then, now they are all whining cunts that think open borders and a nice hug will make the world safe and wonderful for everyone. Deluded assholes fucking up everything  they get involved in. Wake up fucktard.

1 hour ago, Boered said:

:true:

1 hour ago, Boered said:

Even liberals were normal back then, now they are all whining cunts that think open borders and a nice hug will make the world safe and wonderful for everyone. Deluded assholes fucking up everything  they get involved in. Wake up fucktard.

oh fuck

1 hour ago, Boered said:

JFK was just such a liberal as we all know the story of PT109.