Any collectors here

Sksman

4 day sale.

Zoso you can bid without the $135 catalog.

It does all appear to be top quality pieces as its coming out of a museum type collection.

I wonder how many buyers there actually is for this stuff?  Changing demographics and different lifestyles may be reducing the demand.   How many new home buyers are hanging this stuff in their basement?

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Sksman said:

4 day sale.

Zoso you can bid without the $135 catalog.

It does all appear to be top quality pieces as its coming out of a museum type collection.

I wonder how many buyers there actually is for this stuff?  Changing demographics and different lifestyles may be reducing the demand.   How many new home buyers are hanging this stuff in their basement?

I just did a pool for a couple in their late 30's. House was full of "Picker" type stuff. A barber shop pole from the 1800's, a wardrobe from the turn of the century, a tin sign from a local insurance company dated 1910, etc.

Highly sought after crap in top dollar condition.

I'd love one of those Supertest gas pumps to sit in front of my shop.

Edited by Blackstar

On 6/4/2017 at 7:49 PM, 2strokemerc said:

plus 26%

On 6/4/2017 at 8:12 PM, Boered said:

31% if you buy online, and they want 135 bucks for a catalog. Fuck that bullshit.

That's insane!

I follow sport card/collectibles/memorabilia and have seen some crazy bidder premiums (BP, or the juice) from the likes of Sotheby's and Christie's, and I don't even think they are that high?

A Mickey Mantle jersey recently sold at Auction (not the highest priced item) and the BP was over a $100,000g's U.S.! O.o