Courtney Force’s car explodes in NHRA New England Nationals qualifying

Just now, hayward said:

Can't take it with you when you go, so just be glad you had the coin to do it in the first place.  Lot of us with big ideas and dreams but can't put it into action.  In my mind I could get into one of those old gasser looking drag cars, but if you want to compete, even they take big $'s.  Why is having fun gotta cost so damn much?

Hahaha.  The last couple years I have been having a blast as a spectator.  It's way cheaper and there is no pressure.  I went to King of the Hammers this past February and that was without a doubt the best, most fun racing event I have ever been to.  

In 05, 06 & 07 we took our SnoX operation outside and raced the first 4 events on the WSA/ISOC circuit.  Now that was expensive.  Drive the truck and trailer down then buy plane tickets for our riders 3 times per season.  One day my wife looked at me and said, "what is the point here" .  I said "I have no clue really,  I just want to beat Blare Morgan in a National Event."  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hahaha.  The last couple years I have been having a blast as a spectator.  It's way cheaper and there is no pressure.  I went to King of the Hammers this past February and that was without a doubt the best, most fun racing event I have ever been to.  

In 05, 06 & 07 we took our SnoX operation outside and raced the first 4 events on the WSA/ISOC circuit.  Now that was expensive.  Drive the truck and trailer down then buy plane tickets for our riders 3 times per season.  One day my wife looked at me and said, "what is the point here" .  I said "I have no clue really,  I just want to beat Blare Morgan in a National Event."  

Did you?

1 minute ago, ckf said:

That is a very cool unit.  It's different than the other one you posted.  The price is well within my budget too.  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

That is a very cool unit.  It's different than the other one you posted.  The price is well within my budget too.  

It was just coming out when I bought my Phantom 4. I would have bought the Mavic, but couldn't get one in time to catch the fall foliage season here.

Just now, ckf said:

Did you?

Our best rider, Corkey Jones, beat Blare a few times in heat races.  Finished ahead of him in one final.  He never got a podium though.  4th place at the '07 Cantibery race was his best.  He got 5th at Winnepeg in '06.  

We were such rookies though.  We raced out of a F250 and a 24' enclosed.  

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, ckf said:

Courtney ended up loosing to Hagan in funny car final. But her sister Britney won the top fuel final :bc:

Gotta give Courtney credit to blow a car up like that and keep her composure and make it to final with a back up car, pretty talented and tough chick.  Was almost a 3 woman finals win for Erica, Britney, and Courtney, but just fell short.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hayward said:

Gotta give Courtney credit to blow a car up like that and keep her composure and make it to final with a back up car, pretty talented and tough chick.  Was almost a 3 woman finals win for Erica, Britney, and Courtney, but just fell short.

Wow.  That would have been pretty cool.  

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJbqBtpsNPs

If I had you guy's time and money, this is what I could get into.  Don't think i'd have my  wife back the car up though.... a bit corny.  

7 minutes ago, hayward said:

Fricken A' I can't get these damn youtube videos to imbed anymore.  Help a brother out???

You left out the "http:" part at the beginning of the link.

Drag racing has never really done much for me.

16 minutes ago, hayward said:

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJbqBtpsNPs

If I had you guy's time and money, this is what I could get into.  Don't think i'd have my  wife back the car up though.... a bit corny.  

The wives is all part of the show.  That's how they did it back in the 60's.  

Those were pretty fast cars though.  Low 8 second quarter mile door slammers.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hayward said:

your a good man charlie brown!  :bc:

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The wives is all part of the show.  That's how they did it back in the 60's.  

Those were pretty fast cars though.  Low 8 second quarter mile door slammers.  

For everyone's sake, you'd better hope the wives were good looking!  

Can you imagine some of the ladies you see these days squeezing into hot pants, hooker boots and a tube top to send the cars off?

Edited by racinfarmer

8 hours ago, Jet said:

Shirley muldowney paved the way for the girls in nhra!! 

I've always kind of cringed watching girls race nhra. Especially forces. But the fans love it

It doesn't bother me a bit. It's good to seem them competitive instead of just being out there like Danika is in Nascar :bc: 

1 minute ago, ckf said:

It doesn't bother me a bit. It's good to seem them competitive instead of just being out there like Danika is in Nascar :bc: 

yup.  sounds like stewarts going to dump Danica which is the smart thing as she can't even keep sponsors happy at this point riding around in 20th. 

Just now, Angry ginger said:

yup.  sounds like stewarts going to dump Danica which is the smart thing as she can't even keep sponsors happy at this point riding around in 20th. 

I think see is ready to move on and start a family anyway. I think you'll see her on the media side next year.

Just now, Angry ginger said:

he wasn't a bitch like she is.  

he wasn't as good looking either. although i must say she hasn't looked as good in recent years.