Bailing from the Paris Accord.

I guess he really doesn't believe in science. 

I wonder if we can make environmental laws that forbid importing goods that don't meet certain environmental standards. If China and Europe signed on then the US would be forced to. 

I actually listened to his whole speech. If the statistics that he spoke of were true, I think it is going to be hard to argue some of the logic for leaving the Paris Accord. It was probably one of the better speeches he has given. His rhetoric was actually very sound and refined (you may not agree with it, but it was sound nevertheless). He was speaking right to the rust belt and manufacturing, and I have to admit it was effective. Given, again, all of those stats were accurate. He did leave the door open for renegotiating the deal from the US requirements. If he did that, I think it could be a win. I am doubtful that he will, but as far as blue collar workers and business interests go, he knocked it out of the park. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I actually listened to his whole speech. If the statistics that he spoke of were true, I think it is going to be hard to argue some of the logic for leaving the Paris Accord. It was probably one of the better speeches he has given. His rhetoric was actually very sound and refined (you may not agree with it, but it was sound nevertheless). He was speaking right to the rust belt and manufacturing, and I have to admit it was effective. Given, again, all of those stats were accurate. He did leave the door open for renegotiating the deal from the US requirements. If he did that, I think it could be a win. I am doubtful that he will, but as far as blue collar workers and business interests go, he knocked it out of the park. 

and those blue collar workers will not get treated any differently than if we stayed in it. this is a win for corporate board members and that's it. man the shit you swallow these days in mind boggling.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Snoslinger said:

and those blue collar workers will not get treated any differently than if we stayed in it. this is a win for corporate board members and that's it. man the shit you swallow these days in mind boggling.

XLT makes a well thought out and reasonable post and you come back with the above pile of tripe.....good god just go fuck off somewhere.

• Like 7

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Snoslinger said:

noggin will be in here shortly, telling us "they're both the same" again I'm sure.

Ya think so Carnac....do you know next weeks winning powerball numbers too!?

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

XLT makes a well thought out and reasonable post and you come back with the above pile of tripe.....good god just go fuck off somewhere.

he's the one with the pile of tripe. got your red hat back on this afternoon?

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

I guess he really doesn't believe in science. 

I wonder if we can make environmental laws that forbid importing goods that don't meet certain environmental standards. If China and Europe signed on then the US would be forced to. 

You probably failed science.