What ya watching?

Just now, steve from amherst said:

I know northern vt pretty good, southern vt , not at all. Thinking I need to try riding southern more.

Same here. I do know a little about SW VT because Nicole is from Bennington. Tons of snow in the Greens between Brattleboro and Bennington. Woodford probably isn't to far from you?

3 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

This is my biggest issue with "reality shows"! I want to punch the guy that does the commentary...

"so and so has to change this hubcap in 5 minutes, or they will miss the car auction! If his screwdriver slips, he could stab himself in the throat and bleed out on the floor!"

(Bet most of y'all read that in his voice :lol:)

I heard the "Life Below Zero" guy when I read it :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ckf said:

Same here. I do know a little about SW VT because Nicole is from Bennington. Tons of snow in the Greens between Brattleboro and Bennington. Woodford probably isn't to far from you?

Isnt but it gets way too much traffic. Aside from IP and derby I prefer to stay in the towns no one has heard of before. But my favorite is still the Orleans snowstormers trails. Mostly field riding. But some yrs ( like last yr ) the snow cover there sucked.

3 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

This is my biggest issue with "reality shows"! I want to punch the guy that does the commentary...

"so and so has to change this hubcap in 5 minutes, or they will miss the car auction! If his screwdriver slips, he could stab himself in the throat and bleed out on the floor!"

(Bet most of y'all read that in his voice :lol:)

I hate the. DEADLINE!!!!!

oh no!!!!!  We’re not going to make the imaginary deadline!!!!!  Also, the commercials. Like trying to watch movies on basic cable station. 

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Isnt but it gets way too much traffic. Aside from IP and derby I prefer to stay in the towns no one has heard of before. But my favorite is still the Orleans snowstormers trails. Mostly field riding. But some yrs ( like last yr ) the snow cover there sucked.

I've always wanted to ride Woodford ,but haven't made it yet. Nicole's cousin rides out of there all the time. From what he says midweek isn't bad. Everybody bitches about IP being bad, but it's nothing compared to Pittsburg on the weekend. Back in the 90's it was different. The higher cost to ride in VT has cut the numbers way back in VT compared to what it used to be.

Just now, ckf said:

I've always wanted to ride Woodford ,but haven't made it yet. Nicole's cousin rides out of there all the time. From what he says midweek isn't bad. Everybody bitches about IP being bad, but it's nothing compared to Pittsburg on the weekend. Back in the 90's it was different. The higher cost to ride in VT has cut the numbers way back in VT compared to what it used to be.

I havnt ridden a weekend in probably 10 yrs. Don't have a problem with high permit costs either. I reg NH , VT and Maine every yr. Think about it a seasons reg is equal to 1 day of skiing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I hate the. DEADLINE!!!!!

oh no!!!!!  We’re not going to make the imaginary deadline!!!!!  Also, the commercials. Like trying to watch movies on basic cable station. 

We don't watch much TV live. Even if we want to see it the same night we DVR it and watch something else until the show gets far enough ahead that we can FF through the commercials.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

I havnt ridden a weekend in probably 10 yrs. Don't have a problem with high permit costs either. I reg NH , VT and Maine every yr. Think about it a seasons reg is equal to 1 day of skiing.

We used to ride northern NH Sunday - Tuesday when my buddy had his camp on South Hill. Sunday's were fine as most people have a long drive home on Sunday morning.

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

We don't watch much TV live. Even if we want to see it the same night we DVR it and watch something else until the show gets far enough ahead that we can FF through the commercials.

I used to do that too.  We cut our cable down to nothing, so I don't have the option of doing it anymore.  Not a whole lot of network  shows I watch religiously anymore.  Pretty burned out on car/bike builds.

Edited by Cold War
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Back in the late 80 I did a job in Bloomington. Stayed at the northern comfort. 2 days a week I would ride to the border motel in Derby for dinner. Unfortunatly that place is a shithole now.

Yes, it is.  Every once in a while you see someone post that made reservations to stay there because they stayed there 25-30 years ago and loved it. They arrive to a run down shithole with addicts living in most of the rooms :lol:  seriously though....that has to suck!!!!

8 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I used to do that too.  We cut our cable down to nothing, so I don't have the option of doing it anymore.  Not a whole lot of network  shows I watch religiously anymore.  Pretty burned out on car/bike builds.

We should do the same. With the exception of the NFL and Nascar, we only watch an hour or two of TV a day.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yes, it is.  Every once in a while you see someone post that made reservations to stay there because they stayed there 25-30 years ago and loved it. They arrive to a run down shithole with addicts living in most of the rooms :lol:  seriously though....that has to suck!!!!

We pulled in about 7 yrs ago. Paid went to the room , went back to the office and asked for our money back. Then stayed at the 4 seasons. 

Unfortunatly the " crossing " in Richford is now the same way, Too bad as it used to be a great place to get a good steak and a cheap room.

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

We should do the same. With the exception of the NFL and Nascar, we only watch an hour or two of TV a day.

Yeah, it sucks for local sports.  Baseball is pretty much what we watch in summer and they make sure you’re not getting any local sports.   So channels we don’t get, makes no sense. I think when you cut your package they look to see which ones you watch and take them away.  :lol: 

Just now, Cold War said:

Yeah, it sucks for local sports.  Baseball is pretty much what we watch in summer and they make sure you’re not getting any local sports.   So channels we don’t get, makes no sense. I think when you cut your package they look to see which ones you watch and take them away.  :lol: 

Ever try an antenna for local? My sister in law has a cabin in central Maine that they go to about 4 times a yr. They have an antenna there, does okay.

23 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Ever try an antenna for local? My sister in law has a cabin in central Maine that they go to about 4 times a yr. They have an antenna there, does okay.

23 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

We had branch rip out cable Sunday. My wife had bought one of those antennas that look like a tablet. Good time to try it out  Didn’t work good at all. We picked up about 60 channels, but they were all choppy. 

• 3 weeks later...

The pyramid code. Mini series on Netflix. Really neat series of theories about the purpose and uses of Egyptian monuments. From aqueducts, astronomy observation chambers, natural energy gathering of electricity, etc.

If you're into that kinda stuff, it's pretty interesting. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Anler said:

I just finished 2 seasons of Ozark. Interesting but not amazing. Kinda slow alot of the time. I don't think Jason Bateman smiled once in both seasons. 

I thought the same, think I was around the end of season two. Lost interest, nothing gripping, but decent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Bad blood, on Netflix:

"Montreal Mafia boss Vito Rizzuto is released from prison after serving 31 years for murder and seeks revenge on those who killed his family and friends."

pretty good so far, kinda like sons of anarchy but with nook wops. Based on true stories.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1